AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-04, 19:49   Link #1721
Welgaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
3) The Generic Level 3 esper is shown as the boundary for nominal combat effectiveness. However, Misaka Imouto, who is Level 2, is above the line.
Was it explicitly stated she's a Lv2? I thought all Sisters are either Lv2 or Lv3, but I'd place her more at Lv3. It's canon that Last Order is Lv3 though.
Old 2010-02-04, 20:14   Link #1722
Miraluka
Banned

The sisters are Level 2 but with the help of the Misaka network they can be boosted to the level 3.
Old 2010-02-04, 20:56   Link #1723
wanderingtree

I thought the sisters were all level 3 since Accelerator needed to kill 20000 level 3's to become level 6
Old 2010-02-04, 23:08   Link #1724
Welgaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The sisters are Level 2 but with the help of the Misaka network they can be boosted to the level 3.
Oh, right. How could I forget that the Level Upper network was inspired by the Misaka Network, both of which apply the same principles. D:
Old 2010-02-05, 08:35   Link #1725
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, this idea just popped on my mind. Looking at misaka imoutos, it seems esper power level does not depend on the gene, although the type of ability does. What about gemstone ability? Are they inherited by genes?(Imagining 10,000 unlucky guys like touma taking all the girls in the world) :P
Old 2010-02-05, 08:51   Link #1726
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Gemstone abilities are like haemophilia. You might have the genes, but it doesn't guarantee that you will get it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-02-05, 10:45   Link #1727
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailEmperor View Post
This chart... Might not be the latest update though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Aiwass is stronger then Gabriel?

Is there any indiction as to how strong Aleister is? Kinda surprised his below Kazakiri. Also is Etzali equivalent to a lv 5?
Quote:
An anon posted that a week ago, and 99% sure it's from 2ch. There are older versions, but that one was the latest of the revisions then when the anon posted it. There might have been an update already though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
NOTE: It's the same guy who made the previous version.
Please pay the chart no mind.
Most of it is speculation.

We never got to see how strong Etzali really is with the new grimoire or how Gunha would fare against the other level 5's.
In short, Index has a very ambiguous heirarchy, and a general powerlevel chart like this doesn't work.

Right off the bat I can tell that alot of things are wrong with that chart.

- There's nothing firmly place Aiwass above Gabriel. All 'he' did so far was to knock out [GROUP] while Gabriel have enough juice to purge whole cities.

- So far neither Aleister nor Laura's have shown any combat powers, let alone to be placed on the same tier as the likes of Accelerator and Fiamma. We don't know if Aleister is an Esper or can he still use magic. Laura on the other hand, was chased around by Stiyl so...

- Sasha's superior, Vassilisa, she hasn't been shown to have any powers yet right?

- I find it weird to place the Knight leader and the Royal family up there as well, I mean... the Sword of Mercy isn't exactly there power...Right?

- Is Etzali really that powerful? Also, if he is in GROUP, does that mean that Accelerator knows about magic?

To cut it short, there are MANY things wrong with that chart. If it were up to me, I would classified them as

Non-Combantant: eg - Uihara, Himegami, Aogami

Normal: eg - Touma, Stiyl, Itsuwa, Oriana, Imouto
Strong: eg - Mikoto, Mugino, Kaori, Aqua
Super Strong: eg - Accelerator, Fiamma, Gabriel, Aiwass
Old 2010-02-05, 12:36   Link #1728
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Some rough translations:
Levels, from bottom: Non-combatant, Cheating, and Godlike. It's implied that basically anyone who can fight goes between non-combatant and cheating.

Color code: Red = Magician, Blue = Esper, Black = Powerless, Pink = Superpower.
Taking into account of what Claies has said...

Speculation is with Aiwass, and it goes that he's a God. Being higher than archangels should be natural. Like so, if angels are ranked under God, and if Aiwass is a being who's possibly equivalent or comparable to the Christian God, it's reasonable to say he's higher than Gabriel. Both Aiwass and Gabriel can be considered god-like.

Aleister is full of mysteries. Perhaps once being considered the greatest magician does have some weight? And Laura... Totally the playful ojou archetype. Meaning high chance of being powerful or have something that'd be pretty overpowered or cheating. She can't be the Archbishop for nothing.

Don't know about Vassilisa...

It's a power ranking, everyone should be listed. I'm sure the chart is intended for individual power vs or being comparable in terms of ability, so optimal state was considered.

Etzali with two grimoires = hax/cheating. I don't believe Accelerator knows about magic yet. He most likely will when he clashes with Fiamma.
Old 2010-02-05, 16:05   Link #1729
Miraluka
Banned

Looking at the chart I agree with most of the places for many characters :P.
Old 2010-02-05, 16:17   Link #1730
LastResolve

hmm is it just me or all gems have abillities that themselfs cannot control?
Old 2010-02-05, 16:21   Link #1731
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Speculation is with Aiwass, and it goes that he's a God. Being higher than archangels should be natural. Like so, if angels are ranked under God, and if Aiwass is a being who's possibly equivalent or comparable to the Christian God, it's reasonable to say he's higher than Gabriel. Both Aiwass and Gabriel can be considered god-like.
Aiwass is... An Angel, but not like the traditional Angels. I know he would rather be refered to as DRAGON, though I don't know what it means. We know he probably has ties with the Egyptian Gods, so then the question becomes- Which is bigger, an Egyptian God? Or an Archangel of the Lord?

Quote:
Aleister is full of mysteries. Perhaps once being considered the greatest magician does have some weight? And Laura... Totally the playful ojou archetype. Meaning high chance of being powerful or have something that'd be pretty overpowered or cheating. She can't be the Archbishop for nothing.
She's the Archbishop because of her cold, calculative, and manipulative methods. She is a woman that have done as much evil as she had done good. But there's nothing to suggest she has any combat skills, nor would she need any to do her job.
Old 2010-02-07, 01:52   Link #1732
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Spoiler for Volume 9 questions:
Old 2010-02-07, 02:24   Link #1733
index87

does anyone know what hppened here deatails pleeaseee!!!!!!
Old 2010-02-07, 04:07   Link #1734
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by index87 View Post
Spoiler for size:

does anyone know what hppened here deatails pleeaseee!!!!!!
How much details ? The short version is that This happen late into Volume 9. Touma tackled Mikoto down to prevent her from touching Oriana's counterspell paper.

He then proceeds to, 'move his face closer to her face with a very serious look while telling her not to speak with his serious voice'.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-02-07 at 04:57.
Old 2010-02-07, 04:51   Link #1735
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Sounds shockingly epic. :3
Old 2010-02-07, 05:39   Link #1736
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

One more thing, the last part of baka-tsuki's Vol 13 chap 7 'Between the lines' is done, and we get to see Tsuchimikado kicking ass... I'm just dying for a second season now
Old 2010-02-07, 06:18   Link #1737
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

What Installation S2 might actually be good?! USODAA!
Old 2010-02-07, 07:09   Link #1738
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The story from the novel is good enough, though I admit, it still suffers from the expected long magic explainations. Between the [Liber AL vel Legis], Oriana's [Shorthand] and Counterspell, as well as [La regina del mar Adriatico], there's alot that would bog down the pace. But if JC Staff's director was creative enough, it could all be minimized.

So yeah, S2 might actually be good, but it all comes down to the production
Old 2010-02-07, 09:11   Link #1739
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Well, better than the character development abuse at least.

New translations on baka-tsuki:

Volume 7 Prologue: The page is opened
Volume 7 Chapter 1 Part1-5

Volume 13 Chapter 7 Between the lines 7

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-02-07 at 10:13.
Old 2010-02-07, 10:03   Link #1740
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Just need to mention it, Vol 7 Chapter 1 has only a 45% progress rate.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen