AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2018-10-10, 22:01   Link #181
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Actress Ruby Rose as Batwoman.

And the other Ruby Rose tribute to the former.

Old 2018-10-11, 06:04   Link #182
GDB

The nose and boots look weird, but otherwise good. Nose just needs to cover it up a bit more. Currently looks like a nose hook.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 12:28   Link #183
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
James Gunn, former director of the popular Guardian’s of the Galaxy franchise, has been hired on to write DC's next Suicide Squad film. Gunn is also being looked at to possibly direct.
https://www.gameinformer.com/gamer-c...-suicide-squad
Old 2018-10-11, 20:06   Link #184
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So that makes the 2nd Marvel Director to work with DC.
Old 2018-10-12, 14:47   Link #185
Chosen_Hero

So I just saw the first episode of Titans and I have to say thar it was far better than it looked in the previews. Definitely gonna keep watching it.
Old 2018-11-20, 06:55   Link #186
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's time for a Titans update for those of us who can't watch it for obvious reasons:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube

Looks like Titans is continuing the "mixed bag" or "polarizing"-tradition of DC which was well established since MoS.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2018-11-20 at 09:08.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 10:38   Link #187
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's time for a Titans update for those of us who can't watch it
Why can't you watch it?

EDIT: Oh, you meant legally. Okay.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 20:19   Link #188
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The CW Elseworlds crossover will be airing and will feature the debut of Batwoman.

Old 2018-12-12, 18:51   Link #189
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Elseworlds crossover was my favorite one of them so far. A lot of fun stuff in there, with tons of references. I'm only disappointed that Batwoman and in particular 90 Flash had such small roles. It's a minor thing but I had to laugh at 90 Flash being instantly mistaken for Jay even though he's wearing a cowl that's supposed to be concealing his identity. It's not supposed to work on us audience of course, but there are characters wearing extremely tiny masks that don't get recognized so that was a bit odd (they had Barry telling Oliver to put on the cowl so he doesn't get recognized just a bit earlier too)

I loved Superman's rather huge involvement on the other hand. Sucks that Batman is gone in Earth-1, but he was confirmed to still be around on Earth-38 (I don't watch Supergirl so I don't know if that's new info) and given what's coming, he could be introduced into the Arrowverse next time. The problem is that his character kind of overlaps with Green Arrow's.
Old 2018-12-12, 20:56   Link #190
Wandering Soul

I'm split between Elseworlds or Crisis on Earth X for my favorite out of the three crossovers. Elseworlds was fun, though it did feel too short in my opinion. I do like how these crossovers seem to be the one time Oliver is allowed to actually have a sense of humor and fun.

Outside of length, I guess my main complaints are that Batwoman ended up being underwhelming and that I wish Superman got to do more in the final battle.
Old 2018-12-13, 02:58   Link #191
BPD Renegade

Elseworlds was really fun. First two episodes made me laugh throughout. Green Arrow's insistence that Batman was an urban myth. Plus all those easter eggs. Third was amusing too, but maybe I was too tired to properly enjoy it. Looks like this was a lead-in to Crisis on Infinite Earths though. With how the Superman/Lois Lane portion ended, and Infinite Earths coming, I wonder if we'll be seeing Superboy...

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, wasn't Infinite Earths the crossover where
Spoiler for comics:
What are the chances we'll get Kon and some Tim Drake cameos (especially with the YJ cartoon and comic coming back in Jan 2019)?

Also, anyone else watch the Legends episode? I haven't been following it at all, so with no idea what was going on, the entire episode was one big crack-filled comedy for me. Those memorial plaques.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 04:47   Link #192
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, wasn't Infinite Earths the crossover where
Spoiler for comics:
What are the chances we'll get Kon and some Tim Drake cameos (especially with the YJ cartoon and comic coming back in Jan 2019)?
You're thinking of Infinite Crisis. Crisis on Infinite Earths predates Infinite Crisis by 2 decades. Kon and Tim didn't even exist yet by that time.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 18:56   Link #193
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post

Also, anyone else watch the Legends episode? I haven't been following it at all, so with no idea what was going on, the entire episode was one big crack-filled comedy for me. Those memorial plaques.
Yeah, Legends as a whole just churning out one crazy plot after another.
Old 2018-12-13, 23:37   Link #194
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You're thinking of Infinite Crisis. Crisis on Infinite Earths predates Infinite Crisis by 2 decades. Kon and Tim didn't even exist yet by that time.
Aw crud, you're right. I completely mixed them up in my head. Thanks for correcting.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 20:49   Link #195
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So has anyone seen the trailer for the season finale of Titans? Its grimderp to the max, Batman apparently goes nuts and proceeds to murder the entire gotham rogue gallery and its up to Dick (who acts like Jason) to stop him
Old 2018-12-15, 09:51   Link #196
Chosen_Hero

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
So has anyone seen the trailer for the season finale of Titans? Its grimderp to the max, Batman apparently goes nuts and proceeds to murder the entire gotham rogue gallery and its up to Dick (who acts like Jason) to stop him
If you actually bothered to watch the show you would know that that is obviously an illusionary world caused by Trigon, who is trying to unleash Black Raven through suffering by torturing Dick Grayson.

Either way, I personally found the crossover to be disappointing, especially compared to last years which is still the best one bar none. The best part this year was the Smallville intro scene, outside of that, everything else felt... mediocre. For example, why did Deegan even have a button that unleashes everyone in Arkham in his cell?

Ruby Rose did fine as Batwoman, but felt like she was over acting a bit too much, especially in that scene where she walked towards her suit. Also, there was no need for her to be flirting with Kara and for Kara to reciprocate for some reason at the end of the episode, there was also no need to have everyone just stand there marveling at Batwoman and pointing out how "badass" she was, this was just plain old bad writing. A truly badass character would not need for someone else to point out or to praised them on how badass they are, they just ARE badass.

The excuse they gave for Batman not being around is the most bullshit excuse I have ever heard, news flash, Batman does NOT give up on Gotham, not even if a team comprised of his alternate universe counter parts weilding the powers of the entire Justice League ebing led by an evil ancient death god invaded Gotham in a bid to destroy the universe.

The first episode of the crossover was definitely the best one, the second one less so and the last one was just embarrassing with how cheap (at least cheaper than usual) that last fight looked. I need more than the same extras running in circles, the camera shaking and the actors just standing around to be impressed.

Then there is the clearly bad writing rearing it's ugly head again, like Barry's plan to "slow down time by stopping the Earths rotation", which he should know would KILL EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET, I don't care if it is a reference to the Christopher Reeves Superman movies, it still doesn't make any logical sense why that is the plan. Also, did Martin Manhunter shield people from fire like it was nothing? Wasn't that supposed to be his weakness? Then there's the part where Barry gets caught by Deegan Superman and he DOESN'T TRY VIBRATING THROUGH HIM TO ESCAPE and just stands there being threatened by the copy of the weakest/nerfed Superman I have ever seen.

Remember when I said bad writing? This line encapsulates how bad and forced the writing was:

(After Deegan explained why he chose to become Superman)

Kara: "What, afraid of being a girl?"

... How about he just didn't care to become one, especially since he is not used to being a different fucking gender? Seriously, was there ANY need to have this kind of line there, like at all? What purpose do lines like these serve? Of course it had to be the Supergirl team. You can say I am nitpicking but this is just one of many horrible lines you can find in the crossover alone.

Anyway, like I said, this was a very disappointing crossover even if it was just a half assed primer for next year's Crisis on Infinite Earth's. At least the Legends of Tomorrow episode was fun.
Old 2019-01-21, 05:49   Link #197
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Old 2019-01-21, 07:41   Link #198
Chosen_Hero

^Saw the video, too nitpicky to take seriously. Even though he says he isn't being a fanboy complaining he comes off as one throughout the entire video.

The series is fine and far better than the haters made it out to be before it released, anyone complaining at this point has NOT watched the show and is just seeing videos like that one and complaining using second hand thoughts (just reading through his comment section you can see a lot of people claiming to not have watched it, yet are agreeing with him like they have).

The season was fine, but it has a lot of room to improve on certain aspects. Also, it's fine it isn't a 1-1 recreation of Teen Titans, but that is because it never was meant to be one.

Besides, fans seem to have liked it just fine:

Quote:
DC Universe’s Titans, which had debuted at No. 1 the last full week in 2018 before dropping to No. 3, nudged back up to No. 2, with 31.7 million average daily Demand Expressions.
https://www.mediaplaynews.com/dc-uni...nalytics-says/

Take into account that this application is geared towards comic book fans who are the ones most likely to try it out, especially to follow Young Justice which is definitely the main attraction on it. Sure, the numbers don't say whether people liked it or not, but the fact that it kept a consistent viewership average throughout the entire season says a lot.

You don't have to like it, but don't act like others didn't.
Old 2019-01-21, 09:12   Link #199
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^Saw the video, too nitpicky to take seriously. Even though he says he isn't being a fanboy complaining he comes off as one throughout the entire video.
He already said that he has beef with the show because he is a big DC fan. I just found that most of his points are more solid than the defenders of the show that I've watched & read. IMO it's worth listening the opinion of die-hard fans who can articulate his feelings pretty well, be it about something positive or negative.

Quote:
Besides, fans seem to have liked it just fine:
https://www.mediaplaynews.com/dc-uni...nalytics-says/
That's the point of the video. He made it because he didn't see many solid criticism for the show as many people tend to praise it or just being okay with it.

Quote:
You don't have to like it, but don't act like others didn't.
"Acting like others don't like it" is not the point of the video. On the contrary, he made the video because many people apparently like the show.
Old 2019-01-21, 12:22   Link #200
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
On the contrary, he made the video because many people apparently like the show.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote