AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 39 36.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 38.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 20.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-12, 07:06   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Zero - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Zero, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Addendum regarding Fate/Zero:
Please remember that, although Fate/Zero is chronologically the prequel of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, this series might be discovered by those who did not watch the previous series or read the Visual Novel.
Therefore, although events are likely to be connected with the story regarding the 5th Holy Grail War, please do not post any F/SN spoiler in any F/Z thread.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 11:22   Link #2
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

People who wanted their action should be satisfied.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 11:23   Link #3
Archer

Pretty good episode. It felt rather nicely paced even though they just completely blew through the entirety of Act 6. Kiritsugu shows off both his professional side and his emotional side here, and it's nice to see the entire Saber team interact with each other, fractured as it may be. Lancer brought on the cavalry like a boss, and we see El-Melloi, still very much alive, exhibiting his magical abilities that he couldn't show off the previous episode.

However, I'm just that much more interested in the next episode, after I saw the production staff listing. Bring on next week!
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 11:57   Link #4
blue_sora

I thought at first the ball of mercury is some sort of alien invasion thing that I went 'oh no Fate/Zero is going to have an alien in it!' . Silly me.

Love Rider and Waver, poor that delivery guy, he must thought what sort a guy named himself the King of Conquerors.

I don't know what to say about Kiritsugu's emotional outburst. It feels a little bit jarring for me because the last 6 episodes shows him totally into the Grail War that I would never thought he had thoughts of running away. Some scenes I feel could be properly flowed (especially the gathering on the Einzbern side) but there are scenes did left out because of time constraints and included in the Blu-ray set, so that might make some scenes feel awkward. Sigh, now I'm thinking of getting a part-time job to buy that blu-ray set...

And loved the fight between Kiritsugu and Kayneth. His smirk at the end could only means bad thing for Kayneth.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 12:04   Link #5
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The fight with Kiritsugu and Kayneth was more interesting than Saber and Lancer vs Caster, but it was still nicely done.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 12:17   Link #6
Tom Bombadil

tentacles, tentacles, and a lot of more tentacles.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 12:44   Link #7
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Can you hear it? This is the sound of hundred of doujin artists furiously scribbling their own retelling of this battle with the lustful passion of a elephant horde in heat.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 12:57   Link #8
Yuna Amakura

Hum...
This episode was way better than the last one, but I think some parts didn't flow that well. I think Kiritsugu's sudden burst of emotion was a little out of place. Not that he isn't allowed to show emotions, but the transition between "blank paper character" to the one presented in this episode was strange.
The fight scenes were definitely nice. I'm a little bored with the OST, though. Or maybe I should just accept that tv series are always like this.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:02   Link #9
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Wait tentacles what?

*Runs off to download Fate/Zero episode 7*

I gotta admit, this Holy Grail war is a lot more interesting and brutal than the 5th one. These guys are pulling every trick they got in the book.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:11   Link #10
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Lost a considerable amount of respect for Kiritsugu.

I'm still wondering why Saber doesn't just fire off an Excalibur. She's much more willing to do so in F/SN despite having less means to replenish her mana. Her identity really isn't much of a secret now, anyway. Unless, of course, there are still kids around that aren't hiding tentacle monsters. My thoughts mirror that of Lancer's. This is a poor display by the king of knights, and I hope she remedies that soon. I really want a kick-ass saber, but the only thing awesome right now is seeing her in her suit.

So, a rather frustrating episode. Team Kiritsugu is competing at a lower level than what I'm led to believe.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:20   Link #11
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Hmm, I didn't think the outburst was that unnatural, personally. Kiritsugu has been shown to be a person that is unable to express his feelings well outside of interactions with people close to him, notably Irisviel and Maiya.

Kiritsugu has had pangs of guilt, remorse, and fear in the previous showings (e.g.: EP1 during analysis on Kotomine - he mentioned specifically that he was afraid of Kotomine; EP3 during meeting with Maiya - he felt very sad as he held the Contender and comparing its weight to Ilya; EP5 during Berserker and Lancer's imminent attacks on Saber - he was desperate enough to want to reveal himself to save Irisviel; EP6 during bombing attack - his expression softened very much when he noticed a girl crying and the shock he had when Maiya's phone went static on him). Not many other than Irisviel and Maiya could understand him well enough to know that he was actually going through an emotional turmoil, and it all just came out (especially his fear knowing that Kotomine now knows that he's participating actively in the war) in this episode.

One thing that is probably missed, now that it's mentioned in EP7, is that Kiritsugu is participating in this Grail War to pursue his ideals (to save the world or whatever) and to do that, he has come to realize that he needs to sacrifice a lot of people, including Irisviel and Ilya. Wouldn't it be better to just throw away his ideal to have a peaceful life with them? Could he live with the idea of abandoning his dream to escape from adversity? This really tears him apart on the inside.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:29   Link #12
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
I don't know what to say about Kiritsugu's emotional outburst. It feels a little bit jarring for me because the last 6 episodes shows him totally into the Grail War that I would never thought he had thoughts of running away
Quote:
I think Kiritsugu's sudden burst of emotion was a little out of place. Not that he isn't allowed to show emotions, but the transition between "blank paper character" to the one presented in this episode was strange.
this is the result of the anime not showing kiritsugu's inner thoughts for the past 6 episodes, and thus, completely crippling his characterization up to this point....unfortunately the same is happening with the other main character, kirei...

at any rate: episode was rushed, though they still managed to keep the important stuff...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:31   Link #13
Yuna Amakura

The problem wasn't the outburst per se, but rather the intensity. Yes, he doesn't know how to show his feelings, but in that scene it was like he went from one extreme to the other.
Old 2011-11-12, 13:37   Link #14
giorno

no, the intensity is pretty much spot on and it's meant to emphasize kiritsugu's fears and wishes as a husband and father, and generally as a human being fighting the HGW...

and it's not that he doesn't know how to express his feelings, when he switches back to "magus killer", he doesn't have feelings at all, he literally turns himself into a machine. That's why he can watch caster horribly murdering children like that, he doesn't feel anything and in the grand scheme of things, the children are an acceptable sacrifice in exchange for killing an enemy master

Quote:
Her tendon was slashed, but she could still very well grip the sword
no, she can't, and the anime has made it pretty clear.
Old 2011-11-12, 13:40   Link #15
ChronoReverse

It's pretty realistic for a person who completely holds in his emotions that when they do get released, they'd be stronger than the usual.

That's why when quiet people snap, the outburst tends to be so much more over the top.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-13 at 00:36. Reason: removed quoted post due to hinting
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:40   Link #16
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
That feels a bit like a plot convenience thing so that they just don't roll over the lesser teams -_-b. Her tendon was slashed, but she could still very well grip the sword. Lancer didn't appear for a while, and Iris set up a field so they know exactly who's there, so it's not like she's showing everybody excalibur... just the one that's about to die.
It's her THUMB tendon that's slashed, so she can't grip it with that hand. And she needs both hands to actually use it properly to the degree that excaliblast is possible.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-13 at 00:36. Reason: removed quoted post due to hinting
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:44   Link #17
giorno

heh, kiritsugu DID mention in this episode that he's sacrificing irisviel...

and anybody who's watched fate/stay night should understand what that means...
Old 2011-11-12, 13:44   Link #18
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
no, she can't, and the anime has made it pretty clear.
Then I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if you are talking his fighting ability, you will eat those words next ep.
Nah, talking about the emotional outburst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post

He's probably referring to Kiritsugu's low-handed get-it-done methods. He's the Saber chivalry type I bet lol
His get it done methods have been pretty consistent so far in this series. I don't know why you think I would all the sudden start losing respect for him right now.

Last edited by AvianWing; 2011-11-12 at 13:57.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 13:53   Link #19
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I really liked it myself. They managed to make Caster as much a monster as I can probably stomach in animation, so that's a relief. He seems really... bland for a Caster though, sadly. Powerful, sure, but not that exciting.

Overall I really liked it though. Paid attention to the music this time, really liked that, but want to hear more.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 14:38   Link #20
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
no, the intensity is pretty much spot on and it's meant to emphasize kiritsugu's fears and wishes as a husband and father, and generally as a human being fighting the HGW...
Ok, nice.
I still don't think it was done nicely.