Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-19, 11:51   Link #1061
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
And, yeah, they are the "same species". Iri was able to conceive a child with Kiritsugu, so they are clearly capable of interbreeding and, therefore, they are the same species.
Shirou is a Human, part of Mankind.

Ilya, her mother and everyone before her are homunculi. Artificially build beings made by combining of human genetic material with several special substances and making the resulting embryo develop without the use of a womb. They look like Humans, and their sole purpose in life is to form a Grail ( at least that's the purpose for Einzbern kind ).

Even Type-Moon wiki do not categorize them as Humans.

They are as much as Human as Servants are, as Saber said: 'Do you think that Humans can fight Servants. Are you mad?'

But to your point, Ilya is half-Human. But still ,she mostly inherited from her mother so she is more homunculi and less Human.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 11:57   Link #1062
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
They are as much as Human as Servants are, as Saber said: 'Do you think that Humans can fight Servants. Are you mad?'
To be fair, both Shirou and Kirei fought Servants. And won. Multiple times.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 12:32   Link #1063
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Rough idea for another character

Name: Mikoku Naiou
Magic circuit count: 18
Prana count per circuit: 10 units
Description: short black hair. Usually wears a black dress shirt, gray coat and slacks in a messy manner.

History: heir to the Mikoku zaibatsu that fell 3 years ago. Naiou's parents died paying off debts. When their company fell, Naiou's dad asked for a loan from another company. It turned out the company that loaned them money was the one that sold off the company stock and convinced others to do so in depreciating the company. The debt was massive and Naiou's parents ended up working themselves to death, even selling their cadavers to pay off what could be paid. Naiou eventually escaped that debt. 3 years after that, the company that destroyed Mikoku zaibatsu disappeared in debt one night. No one knew why.

Personality: Naiou is openly good-natured but vindictive inside. He enjoys putting people in tough situations because he believes it shows their true character. He is extremely intelligent and equally patient. He learned thaumaturgy on his own, developing his skills as a magus only through digging between true and fake magic books. He is the opposite of the Emiyas. He believes that people should only rely on themselves. If men were born to suffer then let them struggle until they reach the end they deserve, wether that end is tragedy or happiness is irrelevant. To be saved is to be betrayed, to be ended prematurely is just running away. He wants the grail to build a world centered on that ideology.

Preferred tactics: Naiou prefers to take his time with each target. He removes their supports one by one before going in for the kill. He contacts his targets first to gauge them and then work through their mentality to make them think they are cursed.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 13:05   Link #1064
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, both Shirou and Kirei fought Servants. And won. Multiple times.
Fair point but still - only in special circumstances + they are both special part of Humans aka 'magicians'.

Throw in say 12 Royal Commandos against F/SN Rider or entire Battalion against Gilgamesh and see how will they fare against them.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 14:14   Link #1065
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Rough idea for another character

Name: Mikoku Naiou
Magic circuit count: 18
Prana count per circuit: 10 units
Description: short black hair. Usually wears a black dress shirt, gray coat and slacks in a messy manner.

History: heir to the Mikoku zaibatsu that fell 3 years ago. Naiou's parents died paying off debts. When their company fell, Naiou's dad asked for a loan from another company. It turned out the company that loaned them money was the one that sold off the company stock and convinced others to do so in depreciating the company. The debt was massive and Naiou's parents ended up working themselves to death, even selling their cadavers to pay off what could be paid. Naiou eventually escaped that debt. 3 years after that, the company that destroyed Mikoku zaibatsu disappeared in debt one night. No one knew why.

Personality: Naiou is openly good-natured but vindictive inside. He enjoys putting people in tough situations because he believes it shows their true character. He is extremely intelligent and equally patient. He learned thaumaturgy on his own, developing his skills as a magus only through digging between true and fake magic books. He is the opposite of the Emiyas. He believes that people should only rely on themselves. If men were born to suffer then let them struggle until they reach the end they deserve, wether that end is tragedy or happiness is irrelevant. To be saved is to be betrayed, to be ended prematurely is just running away. He wants the grail to build a world centered on that ideology.

Preferred tactics: Naiou prefers to take his time with each target. He removes their supports one by one before going in for the kill. He contacts his targets first to gauge them and then work through their mentality to make them think they are cursed.
Much more realistic than that other oc. I can't really say that he is the opposite of Emiyas, he sounds like a post-grail Kiritsugu.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 16:17   Link #1066
blitz1/2

A crack spinoff snippet from my Severed Bonds crossover fic.

Spoiler for The I. Grail war. Contains spoiler for Prisma DREI, do not open if you haven't read it.:

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2013-11-20 at 12:25.
Old 2013-11-19, 17:36   Link #1067
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So when will you write a full-length from this?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 17:42   Link #1068
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
So when will you write a full-length from this?
It's just a crack fic, something to kill time of. And I am still waiting for my beta to finish editing chapter 3 of Severed Bonds (my main project)

Old 2013-11-19, 18:34   Link #1069
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Oh, that! The only time I read Madoka fic is a crossover with Code Geass. Maybe this would be the second.

Say, what if Illya doesn't summoned a Servant, but Shirou himself? Kind of like Zero no Tsukaima.
Old 2013-11-19, 18:35   Link #1070
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@blitz: agreed. Though ironic it is that Houko's wih is much more realistic than Naiou's
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 19:32   Link #1071
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Shirou is a Human, part of Mankind.

Ilya, her mother and everyone before her are homunculi. Artificially build beings made by combining of human genetic material with several special substances and making the resulting embryo develop without the use of a womb. They look like Humans, and their sole purpose in life is to form a Grail ( at least that's the purpose for Einzbern kind ).
Yeah, I know, but I would still say they are essentially human in nature. Perhaps not "spiritually", but biologically-speaking they are, and that is how a species is defined.

The Type Moon Wiki is not an authoritative source of information. It's unreliable at the best of times.
Old 2013-11-19, 19:33   Link #1072
chaos_alfa

Quote:

Even Type-Moon wiki do not categorize them as Humans.

In fiction different species often have the ability interbreed with each other, but the technical definition of a species is a group of organisms who can only exchange genes with each other. This would mean that if Irisviel was real should would be classified as a human (or Kiritsugu as a homunculus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.google.nl/search?q=species+definition
species
ˈspiːʃiːz,-ʃɪz,ˈspiːs-/Submit
noun
noun: species; plural noun: species; noun: sp.; plural noun: spp.
BIOLOGY
a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial, e.g. Homo sapiens.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 22:38   Link #1073
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

An idea for a crossover has been circling in my mind as of late. Weirdly, it came to me while I was watching something completely unrelated, a fan trailer for Batman Vs. Superman. Kiritsugu came to mind, and how he is ''Nasuverse's own answer to the Batman.'' I thought ''Who could be his Superman?'' One thing leading to another, my thought process lead me to a...weird conclusion.

So all of this to say that I'm going to detail my idea below, just so you know it looked like a (sort of) snippet because I suck at explaining, but it really isn't one actually. More like a romanticized summary.

Fans of that certain series should easily recognize which light novel I'm talking about, if not then...I will just spell it out to you if you ask

Spoiler for After the Brainstorm:

Expect a snippet soon to...sort out this mess.

Also I invoke Fate/Extra for this strange AU.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 04:35   Link #1074
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Please tell what you're good at: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=123033
Old 2013-11-20, 04:44   Link #1075
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Getting ideas, but unable to materialize them.

Can you help me with something (in PM).
Old 2013-11-21, 09:31   Link #1076
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Another idea: Shirou as Merlin incarnation! Two Birds for One Arrow: A Love with Saber that tracessded Time, and Stronger Shirou!
Old 2013-11-21, 15:07   Link #1077
blitz1/2

Another crack snippet

The red lance of death approached Shirou's heart with a lightning speed that even his eyes couldn't keep track of. Another 10 cm before it pierced the target until a light glowed around the room. Expecting some danger, the blue clad man jumped backwards as if thinking this was a trap.

Lancer could hear multiple voices emitting from the circle as humanoid figures rose from the large magic circle.

He was surprised to see that this boy had managed to summon a Servant, no...3 Servants? His eyes scanned the room, yes there were 3 figures. What was going on?

The one clad in white turned to the one in blue, "Miyu, we captured the Saber card didn't we?" The blue swordsman looked around the surrounding, and noticed that they weren't at their usual battleground, this was elsewhere. "Ilya, where are we? We are in some kind of shed." Lastly, the one clad in black stepped out, "I sense danger, but this place looks a bit familiar."

Lancer shouted to the boy whose back was to the floor as if surprised. "What have you done?!" There was no guarantee that he could match 3 Servants, but if they were weak, then he may take them out one by one.

Shirou looked up and was met with a sight that would be heaven according to most boys, he was placed just below the armored skirt of the white swordsman, something that was pointed out by the black swordsman, "Looks like Onii-chan over there is enjoying himself." This was met with a shocked response from Ilyasviel.

"Homura-chan, what do you mean?" The white swordsman saw the red hair and the position the teenage boy was placed in. "Onii-chan?" She turned around as her face reddened upon seeing Shirou, although he looked the same as her brother. Her brain froze and womanly instincts took over.

"NOOOOO!!!!" Ilyasviel took her new acquired Caliburn and stabbed Shirou before the other 2 sisters could stop her.

Shirou didn't live up to his dream of living as a hero of justice but at least he died with a pleasant last memory...

-------------

Several meters away, Archer inspected the shed and saw the death of the boy whose ideals would damn him. But even he was unsure of what to think of the situation.

"Well, that was easy." He unconsciously said. His master, Rin, was wondering what to do next.

~Bad End #0.

yea, this was basically Ilya as Saber Lily, Miyu as Regular Saber and Homura as Saber Alter.

Old 2013-11-21, 20:12   Link #1078
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Classical! Wonder how would Kiritsugu think when seeing this?
Old 2013-11-21, 21:13   Link #1079
blitz1/2

Quote:
Classical! Wonder how would Kiritsugu think when seeing this?
Kiritsugu would facepalm HARD (in his grave)

Old 2013-11-21, 21:15   Link #1080
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Kiritsugu would facepalm HARD (in his grave)
That hurts...

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction