AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 16:52   Link #41
justavisitor

wow, I know you couldn't stand some of the series...but did you really watch majority of them?? That's amazing!! 33 shows x 50 episodes per series x 20 min per show = 33000 min = 23 days non-stop!! Wow, even tho I do not agree with some of your analysis, but I got to admire your effort...

The only sentai shows I watch were Boukenger and Shinkenger...imo both are really great
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 17:28   Link #42
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Actually it was very easy to watch most of them. Sentai shows always have a plot on episodes 1-5, 30-35 and 45-50. The rest were practically filler.

I watched almost everything in the American Power Rangers between 1993 and 2000, as they were airing on television and I was still young enough to enjoy them.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 03:21   Link #43
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And our first pics of the 2011 Super Sentai, Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger:

I like how they were able to incorporate a pirate motif into the design of the helmet itself, awesome Rumor has it that they're the Super Sentai equivalent to Decade: dimension-travellers who can change into previous generation Sentai at will, and will be fighting previous gen enemies along the way. Will see how this pans out

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 03:37   Link #44
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
oh man.... this is gonna inspire the ~ARRRRR-AHOY MATE!!!~ meme's,
YO-HO-HO- A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME!!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 15:35   Link #45
justsomeguy

Yes! Pirate motifs have always appeared awesome.

I think this is the first time pirates have been the heroes in Super Sentai. The only other pirate faction I recall is the enemy force "Space Pirates Barban" from 1998's Gingaman.

As for turning into previous rangers, that was Akared's ability from Boukenger vs Super Sentai. Maybe he'll show up again for this?

I'm hoping for better writers than Goseiger, which turned out to be not so epic, with the original idea of being angels not turning out particularly relevant.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 16:34   Link #46
roriconfan
Banned

If the heroes are pirates then what the heck will the villains be? Corrupt marines?
Old 2010-12-07, 01:00   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, not just rumors now. More pics for Goukaiger:

Spoiler for Transformation device: Mobil-rate and the Ranger Keys:

Spoiler for Mecha: GoukaiOh toy images:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-12-08, 00:51   Link #48
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

oh wow.... i wonder who's gonna perform the opening & closing theme song? any news about it yet?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-12-27, 04:45   Link #49
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Names
GoukaiRed is Captain Marvelous, played by Ozawa Ryota.
GoukaiBlue is Joe Ginbuken, played by Yamada Yuuki.
GoukaiGreen is Don Dockoyai, played by Shimizu Kazuki.
GoukaiYellow is Luka Milfy, played by Ichimichi Mao.
GoukaiPink is Aimu Do Famiyu, played by Yui Koike.
.... CAPTAIN MARVELOUS.. I don't know if that's the most ridiculous or the single most awesome name for a Red EVER

Old 2010-12-27, 14:31   Link #50
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
.... CAPTAIN MARVELOUS.. I don't know if that's the most ridiculous or the single most awesome name for a Red EVER
If I hadn't heard of Galactic Pretty Boy a few months ago, I would be rolfing right now.
SO FABULOUS !
Old 2010-12-28, 04:15   Link #51
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

CAPTAIN MARVELOUS!!? what the heck!? that was the best, most fitting name for a super hero!!!

Last edited by Patriot's Blade; 2010-12-28 at 04:31.
Old 2010-12-28, 04:33   Link #52
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Oh god, why is that Tohru Furuya (Akared in Bouken VS SS) will be a Narration on this 35th Anniversary sentai show. I mean god, watch MS Gundam/00 much?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 12:06   Link #53
justsomeguy

Well, the voices for characters without faces, such as the narrator and monsters with full face cover, is typically done by the same voice actors as the anime we watch. We often have the likes of Marina Inoue and Norio Wakamoto doing villains.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 13:22   Link #54
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Well, the voices for characters without faces, such as the narrator and monsters with full face cover, is typically done by the same voice actors as the anime we watch. We often have the likes of Marina Inoue and Norio Wakamoto doing villains.
Romi Paku, Nobuo Tobita, Rikiya Koyama & others.

Yeah, especially who watched too much anime like Gurren Lagaan & most recently High School of the Dead until you've hear some of your favorite seiyuus all over your head.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-12-29 at 13:34.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 03:18   Link #55
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

My god....

Warning: Do not eat M&M's or Skittles before or during viewing of this image.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-01-09 at 07:08.
Old 2011-01-09, 10:21   Link #56
justavisitor

hmm....those 2 girl rangers seem pretty cute

and the red seems pretty mature...

ok, when is this show gonna broadcast ??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-01-09, 10:50   Link #57
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

February 13th!

That image... as epic as the Rider lineup from the Dai Shocker movie!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 10:59   Link #58
justavisitor

Thanks!!

it seems like this new series passes my preliminary test (Cute girl rangers and a mature/badass red)...let me record down the date XD

26 riders will be nothing in the sea of rangers
Old 2011-01-16, 10:41   Link #59
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Not exactly an actual trailer for the show, more like more tie-ins for Dice-O. Still it does feature the Goukaigers, and what seems be the Goukaiger OP song:

Goukaired telling the Goseigers "Don't get in our way Earthlings!" is rather ironic considering the latter's origins. Though I guess the Goseigers are technically Earthlings

Old 2011-01-17, 00:12   Link #60
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not exactly an actual trailer for the show, more like more tie-ins for Dice-O. Still it does feature the Goukaigers, and what seems be the Goukaiger OP song:

Goukaired telling the Goseigers "Don't get in our way Earthlings!" is rather ironic considering the latter's origins. Though I guess the Goseigers are technically Earthlings
i thought Goseigers were angels, but oh well
btw, the Gokaigers some how gave me One Piece vibes