Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-02-11, 11:30   Link #1621
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
No no. XIX would probably be the final. XX can't be the final volume because that would break the tradition of every volume that is a multiple of 5 being a flashback storyline.
It would also break the tradition of, um, continuing the series.
Old 2009-02-11, 15:22   Link #1622
ZeroForever

depends a vol 20 could easily be a prequel book telling events of the past or such if they wanted to do it, with 19 ending the main story.
Old 2009-02-11, 22:56   Link #1623
Isekaijin

So, Shakugan no Shana is about to end eh?

Since I don't really know what happens in the yet for come third season, I can't make an opinion about it. But to me, it seems they are kind of forcing the final. I mean, this volume's about the war between the Denziens and the Flame Hazes right? So, unless the war begins and ends with this volume, I don't think they would be able to finish this in just one volume more.

Besides, this war, isn't it just a one sided battle? They have Sotf on their side, and Shana is currently out of service, even more she is very weak emotionally, she won't be able to fight seriously against Yuuji. Not to mention all the Flame Hazes of China have been wiped out.

Waiting for someone who resume the volume.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 02:30   Link #1624
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post

Besides, this war, isn't it just a one sided battle? They have Sotf on their side, and Shana is currently out of service, even more she is very weak emotionally, she won't be able to fight seriously against Yuuji. Not to mention all the Flame Hazes of China have been wiped out.

Waiting for someone who resume the volume.
Spoiler for vol18...:

It seems Angrypokstick is too busy to continue the summary... I'll need some time to skim through vol.17 though, forgot what happened.

vol.18 will be hard to summarize, about 2/3 of it were battles and there's lots of new characters. See all the colored illustrations for this volume are used for characters lineup..
Old 2009-02-12, 10:30   Link #1625
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

grand scale battles ftw
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 06:13   Link #1626
faiz blaster

Hey, anything new on the spoilers of vol. 17. Last time that I checked it still had half-way to go...
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 19:49   Link #1627
Justin Kim
*Artist

Where is everyone reading these novels? Are you guys just inane with the gift of reading Japanese? I would really like to know where such novels exist online, can anyone help me? Since I am so fearful to click the last episode of Shakugan no Shana at the moment (Season 2). Have some of the volumes of Shakugan no Shana been already translated or something? Or is everyone just buying them online, as complete volume sets or single book novels along the way. I would very much like to continue reading what Shana is up to after S2 of the visual anime.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 03:18   Link #1628
Raiyushi
Yami No Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Raiyushi Send a message via MSN to Raiyushi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Where is everyone reading these novels? Are you guys just inane with the gift of reading Japanese? I would really like to know where such novels exist online, can anyone help me? Since I am so fearful to click the last episode of Shakugan no Shana at the moment (Season 2). Have some of the volumes of Shakugan no Shana been already translated or something? Or is everyone just buying them online, as complete volume sets or single book novels along the way. I would very much like to continue reading what Shana is up to after S2 of the visual anime.
Some are able to read Japanese and some are basing theories as to what's happening based on pictures. Those that are able to read Japanese are throwing down summaries and that's all we have at the moment besides an ongoing translation of the novels on Baka-Tsuki.
Old 2009-02-24, 04:08   Link #1629
Itsygo-kun
ShanaCom

Hallo I just registered just to post in this topic~

I've read Shakugan no Shana Novels up to vol. 14. So can i ask someone to give me a bief summery of what happens in the next 4 volumes?

Onegai~
Itsygo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 05:02   Link #1630
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
There's the Mandarin translations that are released shortly after the Japanese ones..... Personally, I buy them individually the moment they arrive in my bookstore.

Currently, it's up to 18.

There are complete scans of the Mandarin ones too up to 9 and if you are interested, I could PM you the link (don't know is it legal by board rules or not so I won't put it here).

Don't bother with any English translations unless you have no choice or are willing to be in for a long wait while Baka-Tsuki finishes it.

S2 covers up to 15 IIRC. S1 up to 9 but the ending is anime original while the novel material is greatly rushed and....from 7 onwards, changed (example: Dantalion in 7 is not yet part of Bal Masque and he captures a train depot as his headquarters rather then flying in on an airship to prepare for Serei-den's arrival) 10 covers Mathilde and the battle against Toten Glocke. Never read the S novels or 0 but I hear they are short story collections.
Old 2009-02-24, 17:33   Link #1631
Justin Kim
*Artist

Does anyone know where I can find the volume summaries though that most users are talking about on this thread?
Old 2009-02-24, 18:50   Link #1632
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can find the volume summaries though that most users are talking about on this thread?
Scroll a few pages back and hopefully you could get lucky.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 20:56   Link #1633
Justin Kim
*Artist

So the volume summaries are usually in this thread?
Old 2009-02-25, 22:52   Link #1634
Kijuto

Absolute serious question/overview help:

I checked Baka-Tsuki for any translations on the novels and they are only updated to about the 4th-5th out of all of them. Right now im working on my Japanese and will eventually make sense of all the new books out.

I've watched both seasons of the show, the movies, and read all currently translated manga and the very few novels. Im skimming through this thread and reading all these changes that make absolutely no sense. Yuuji being evil? Dark God and evil armor? Shana beaten up and suicidal? I absolutely must know what has gone on between now in the novels and where the show left off.

If anyone could, im begging you to post just a paragraph or two about each new novel and what major events too place. I'm completely lost right now and this is my favorite series, so it would mean a lot if someone could quickly just summarize what the heck is going on. Thanks in advance.
Kijuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 00:20   Link #1635
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijuto View Post
Absolute serious question/overview help:

I checked Baka-Tsuki for any translations on the novels and they are only updated to about the 4th-5th out of all of them. Right now im working on my Japanese and will eventually make sense of all the new books out.

I've watched both seasons of the show, the movies, and read all currently translated manga and the very few novels. Im skimming through this thread and reading all these changes that make absolutely no sense. Yuuji being evil? Dark God and evil armor? Shana beaten up and suicidal? I absolutely must know what has gone on between now in the novels and where the show left off.

If anyone could, im begging you to post just a paragraph or two about each new novel and what major events too place. I'm completely lost right now and this is my favorite series, so it would mean a lot if someone could quickly just summarize what the heck is going on. Thanks in advance.
I totally agree, the Moderaters should allow a new thread that has a "select" amount of members summarizing all the novels for the fans. Seriously I am completely lost in the novels, and Baka - Tsuki has only just 1 person translating all the novels, I completely feel so bad for that person. (Hence, the slow progression in the scantalation of the Shakugan no Shana novels). These summarizations should include like at least a paragraph or two of each novel, after all they're only short - based reads.
Old 2009-02-26, 04:48   Link #1636
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I totally agree, the Moderaters should allow a new thread that has a "select" amount of members summarizing all the novels for the fans. Seriously I am completely lost in the novels, and Baka - Tsuki has only just 1 person translating all the novels, I completely feel so bad for that person. (Hence, the slow progression in the scantalation of the Shakugan no Shana novels). These summarizations should include like at least a paragraph or two of each novel, after all they're only short - based reads.
What? That's a shitty situation. Poor guy....
Old 2009-02-26, 04:56   Link #1637
Itsygo-kun
ShanaCom

Quote:
I think it would be better if the first post was edited with summaries and pics from ll the novels up to now (like To Aru Majutsu no Index novel discusion topic)...
Itsygo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 11:48   Link #1638
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsygo-kun View Post
I think it would be better if the first post was edited with summaries and pics from ll the novels up to now (like To Aru Majutsu no Index novel discusion topic)...
But the guy who has dibs on the first post is practically MIA.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 16:53   Link #1639
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
What? That's a shitty situation. Poor guy....
No kidding, that guy must feel so overworked by now. I hope that he can get some of his pals to help him, considering the all the type - setting he has to do for all the novels. If it's THAT bad, I might as well just learn Japanese and help the freaking poor guy, and satisfy all those whom are looking for English translated versions of each novel. Volume summarizations should seriously also be provided by Baka or someone else, I just want a new freaking forum thread specially for that.
Old 2009-02-26, 21:33   Link #1640
Kijuto

Okay, I finally read through the whole thread and didn't pass all the amazing spoilers and marked content and such. Still a bit in the dark on many aspects of the novel itself.

-About where in the novel numbers does it pick up from the anime? I believe the anime ended on Christmas Eve which makes me think it is RIGHT around the part where Yuuji merges with this 'Snake God/Silver?'

-Why does he willingly merge with it/them?

-How did Shana just recently get her power back after being in captivity?

-Any information or backstory on the Snake God of the Festival and/or Silver is greatly appreciated.
Kijuto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen