Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-30, 09:56   Link #1
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

suicide recommendations

i guess i'm looking for an anime that deals with suicide as a theme. More like a major theme/issue than not.

i have seen shuffle(the last part) and sayonara zetsubou sensei - (relating to the topic).
Old 2009-04-30, 10:05   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There's an arc concerning suicide in Welcome to the NHK! Though it's not the main focus of the story, I thought it one of the more powerful segments of that show.
Old 2009-04-30, 10:29   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

You didn't mention what you've already watched on the theme. There are three shows that come from the memory right now:

Gantz: I found this show to be very boring really. It's a whine-fest.

Kara no Kyoukai: This show is really good. It's on going, and you should check it out.

Boogiepop Phantom: I've liked this show a lot also. It seems to deal with what you are looking for to a certain extent.

Hopefully, you haven't watched any of them yet.
Old 2009-04-30, 10:35   Link #4
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
You didn't mention what you've already watched on the theme. There are three shows that come from the memory right now:

Gantz: I found this show to be very boring really. It's a whine-fest.

Kara no Kyoukai: This show is really good. It's on going, and you should check it out.

Boogiepop Phantom: I've liked this show a lot also. It seems to deal with what you are looking for to a certain extent.

Hopefully, you haven't watched any of them yet.
no i havent, i didmention shuffle & SZS, and i also have seen NHK aswell (forgot until it was mentioned.)
Nothing else though, so thanks for the list!
Old 2009-04-30, 10:48   Link #5
ragweed
woah woah!

naruto

it makes me want to kill myself
Old 2009-04-30, 11:04   Link #6
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I would recommend Haibane Renmei:

Quote:
A dream of falling from the sky...and then a birth. Rakka is born from a large cocoon in "Old Home", a dilapidated dormitory on the outskirts of a town called Glie. She is greeted by a group of females with small wings on their backs and shining halos above their heads. Soon, Rakka's own wings sprout painfully from her back; a halo is placed above her head and she is told that she must work in Glie. She quickly realises that the town is surrounded by an insurmountable wall that none except the mysterious Toga are allowed to pass through. Alone and scared of who and what she is, her fellow winged friends — the haibane ("ashwings") — take care of her as she slowly grows accustomed to her new life.

It will not be readily apparent at first, but you'll eventually find out why suicide is a major theme in this show.

Meanwhile, though, am I the only one who is mildly disturbed by the subject of this request?
Old 2009-04-30, 11:49   Link #7
Vicious108

Yes, the topic title kinda made me think the TC would be asking for suicide methods to try out. But I guess not. Thankfully.

Anyways, Welcome to the NHK was the first thing that crossed my mind but apparently you've already seen it. Well there's always the manga and the novel if you haven't tried those out yet.
Old 2009-04-30, 12:35   Link #8
signorRossi

The manga 'Suicide Island' comes to my mind, 'Holyland' from the same mangaka is also good (though not much suicide related in it, but still a good pycological manga).
Old 2009-04-30, 14:54   Link #9
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

myself;yourself , it is great, has a great story and is related to your request.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-04-30, 15:00   Link #10
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Yeh im gonna agree with monir Boogiepop Phantom fits nicely with your search