AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-04-05, 13:24   Link #801
Frontier

Mariya Ise reveals marriage and pregnancy.

Wow, this was quite a surprise .

Congratulations to Mariya Ise, both on her marriage and to her eventually becoming a mother .

That husband is one lucky guy .

Also nice to see she still intends to remain active .
Old 2015-04-11, 13:58   Link #802
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Say, let's discuss about Rena Matsui's inclusion to Denpa Kyoushi, playing as Suzune Kagami.

Honestly, I think she needs to get coached by a sound director before taking her role. While some of her fellow AKB48 and its sister group members did decently when it comes to voice-work (see AKB0048), her debut as a voice actress is off to disappointing start.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 15:06   Link #803
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Say, let's discuss about Rena Matsui's inclusion to Denpa Kyoushi, playing as Suzune Kagami.

Honestly, I think she needs to get coached by a sound director before taking her role. While some of her fellow AKB48 and its sister group members did decently when it comes to voice-work (see AKB0048), her debut as a voice actress is off to disappointing start.
Am I the only one, who didn't have a problem with her performance? Sure, it's a little flat and obviously not going to win her a seyuu award, but nothing worth all the fuss people has started because of it.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 20:03   Link #804
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Yes, but I think Rena Matsui should a least learn from a pro before taking her role. I mean, they're only a few AKB48 idols that are good (or decent) at voice acting such as Mayu Watanabe and such.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 20:48   Link #805
Crossheart

There's a lot of things wrong with Denpa Kyoshi anime that Rena's performance is the lesser of them...
I have seen her acting, and she is good, but i thing that there's something else that have this results, like the director requesting her to act like that... not even talk about her normal voice doesn't even resemble Suzune's, wait, maybe is why is this not good
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 08:01   Link #806
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
While some of her fellow AKB48 and its sister group members did decently when it comes to voice-work (see AKB0048), her debut as a voice actress is off to disappointing start.
Just want to say that the AKB0048 girls benefited from the staff doing overtime and letting them do a much higher number of takes than normal.

Quote:
not even talk about her normal voice doesn't even resemble Suzune's, wait, maybe is why is this not good
That's sort of the whole point of being a VA though, not using your own voice and still sounding good.
Old 2015-04-18, 11:41   Link #807
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

The Tomatsu Haruka Character Typecast Checklist!

Hmm...

Lala Deviluke, Morgiana, Ichika-Sempai, Nagakura Imari, Eina Tulle the Half-Elf Secretary, Yuuki Asuna

It's safe to assume at this point in Tomatsu Haruka's career, she is now pretty much the go-to-lady to play girls who are

(A) Kind hearted and motherly cuties with stunning beauty AND Cuteness (B) With rich red/brunette hair (C) With a devastatingly sexy body packing a nice rack and legs to die for (D) who are older love interests to the main male hero (E) and has a big-sister little brother relationship with him (if not being actual big sisters themselves)

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2015-04-18 at 11:54.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 12:29   Link #808
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Somehow that description doesn't really fit Tsukishima Aoba from Cross Game, one of my favorite performances by Tomatsu.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 13:21   Link #809
totoum
Me at work

Yeah, Aoba is one of her great performances (loved the evolution of the tone of voice used when she says "Kitamura-sempai" as the show progresses), I really don't think she's been typecast as anything, on the contrary she's one of the most versatile VAs out there. Though she has had so many roles that some will be similar.
Old 2015-04-18, 14:45   Link #810
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I don't hear from Tomatsu as often as I hear Hanazawa in everything anymore...
Old 2015-04-18, 15:33   Link #811
AntonKutovoi

With all honesty, I don't hear Hanazawa that often as well lately (I don't count her old roles).
Old 2015-04-18, 16:10   Link #812
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't keep up as much as I once did, but looking at http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=53741, I see these fairly recent major roles:

Akame ga Kill
Parasyte
Psycho-Pass
Magi

Maybe she is more focused on her singing career? (Personally, I'm not all that impressed with her as a singer. ED 3 for Shin Sekai Yori was terrible, I thought, especially in comparison to the remarkable first ED, "Wareta Ringo." Whose hand is that???)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 18:43   Link #813
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't keep up as much as I once did, but looking at http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=53741, I see these fairly recent major roles:

Akame ga Kill
Parasyte
Psycho-Pass
Magi

Maybe she is more focused on her singing career? (Personally, I'm not all that impressed with her as a singer. ED 3 for Shin Sekai Yori was terrible, I thought, especially in comparison to the remarkable first ED, "Wareta Ringo." Whose hand is that???)
Ah Wareta Ringo... Loved that ending (and that show). Taneda Risa made a great showing as Saki as well

On HanaKana I'm with you. Aside from Renai Circulation I can't really say she has the voice for singing. You could argue that she hasn't had great material to work with but it's not like she sounds like a diamond in the rough. Very cute voice but that alone isn't enough to be a good singing one.
Old 2015-04-18, 19:10   Link #814
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yes, while she's still getting roles it's not at the crazy pace she used to get them and you are right, she's rather enjoying the music side of things, from an interview:

Quote:
My concept of the 2nd year was to express my inner world including the fact that I was at the age of 25. I saw the age as my turning point at the side of work, music career, and humanity. I decided to express what I felt and what I want to do in my songs. Yuho Iwasato, lyricist, helped me to pull out my personal feelings and wrote me songs. Since then, my relationship with music became deeper
She's started writing lyrics to her songs:

Quote:
I didn’t know that not only singing but writing songs make me feel this way. Through performing at concerts, I noticed writing songs by myself with my words means a lot to me.

However, writing lyrics wasn’t so easy. I didn’t want to use difficult words but I didn’t want to express my thoughts in a direct way with too simple words.

Ms.Iwasato told me that it is the special right of artists that we can use songs to tell other people what we’re thinking. So now I’m thinking I write my lyrics as much as I can.
Quote:
I’m almost always thinking about writing lyrics and considering about themes or phrases to use in my songs. I even think about it while reading. I always look for these things unconsciously.
She started out with simple cute songs but has been trying to expand on that and she has Kitagawa Katsutoshi as her composer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

She's far from a diva and when it comes to seiyuu singing I still vastly preffer the likes of Ayahi Takagaki :

NicoNico

Or Saori Hayami

NicoNico
Old 2015-04-19, 13:05   Link #815
AntonKutovoi

Saori Hayami is one of my favorite voice actress, when it comes to singing (and to voice acting as well), althoigh my favorite singers among female seiyuus are
Mayumi Tanaka (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=301)
YouTube

Ai Orikasa (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=417)
YouTube

And Urara Takano (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=304)
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/rdmZl18pqVs
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Lq2IPT8CDp8/
Old 2015-04-19, 13:21   Link #816
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

You know, it kinda flew over my head this whole time, but the characters Hayami Saori plays sounds a lot like characters that Mamiko Noto plays. Almost to the point that I thought they're the same seiyuu.
Old 2015-04-19, 15:58   Link #817
Frontier

I can understand that. They both have that soft, deep, reserved, kind of voice that they often use or are known for. Which often leads to their playing cool beauties, Yamato Nadeshiko's, or more reserved kinds of characters. Not that it stops them from being cast as more lively and energetic characters of course .

I've also noticed a similarity between the voices of Risa Taneda and Sora Amamiya. They got their start around the same time and at first they sounded really similar to me. Now I can see that Amamiya usuall has a slightly higher pitch compared to Taneda, which makes it easier to tell them apart .
Old 2015-04-21, 01:57   Link #818
RJ TAYLER

Mamiko Noto so reminded me of 'whispering' Ted Lowe, the late BBC snooker commentator whose hushed tones provided much of both the colour to a broadcast and a contrast to most of the OTT sporting commentators of that time; much in the way Miss Noto has that 'less is so-much-more' quality to her voice in any given scene that she stands out by not standing out vocally because when you truly hear her you are hearing an economy of greatness. In fact I have taking to calling her ''Whispering'' Mamiko Noto in tribute.
Old 2015-04-21, 12:13   Link #819
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since we are talking about Hayamin, good news today: her solo debut as a singer has been announced!
I seriously hope she will get an excellent composer to match her voice. She really sings well, but songs like Naked Genius and Angel Night weren't my cup of tea, especially the former due to its horrible tempo and noisy synthe.
Old 2015-05-04, 20:44   Link #820
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Mazel tov! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...married/.87796

I don't know who she is, but he always sounds like he's 12 despite the fact that I think he and the guy who's Rei are the oldest.

I don't normally look at ANN, but I had to laugh at the AN commenter who's like, 'WAIT IS HARU'S VA SINGLE?'