AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-03-27, 09:03   Link #321
Westlo
Lets be reality

Holy shit was the dream sequences and the "cameo's" handled badly in this film....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 11:58   Link #322
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Spoiler for Length:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 13:34   Link #323
HasuMasu
*Artist

I think Man of Steel was a better movie, but I liked this more mostly because of Batman. I'm looking forward to the future of DC movies, and this does a good job of setting up future stuff.
Old 2016-03-27, 19:51   Link #324
justavisitor

I liked man of steel, and I like this movie too
Spoiler for spoiler:

Overall, don't get carried away by the negative review. I think it's definitely worth a watch.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 22:24   Link #325
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Just got done watching it and I can never understand how people can complain about enjoyable stuff so much. I loved this movie (and MoS), and I wonder if these "critics" ever actually enjoy anything.
This movie acually surpassed my expectations, because I went into this movie expecting the framing of Superman to be all hammy with the senator buying Luthor's kill-aid wholesale. I also expected the public to outright crucify Superman unilaterally. Instead, the senator remained level-headed and there were actually smart public voices sticking up for Superman, correctly calling him "just a guy who wants to help."
A lot of the reason Superman was feared so much was because of his worshippers treating him like a god on their own. Then the fearmongers just assumed he had a god complex.
So Luthor hints at another alien attack coming, and Bruce is having dreams which seem more to me like premonitions than just random. Especially the dream with the guy who looks like he's coming out of boom tube. (or it was just supposed to be some kind of time-travel common action tunnel or something, and who was that guy supposed to be?) But then there were also what looked like Parademons too. If the Justice League movie is to feature a big-time bad (of course), Darkseid would be the way to go.
And I actually loved the cameo recordings of the other future JL members. But I thought I heard somewhere that Green Lantern had a cameo too.

Anyway, ignore the negative hype about BvS and make up your own mind. People said Affleck would be a bad Batman then switched sides after the trailer, and people keep saying the next MCU movie will suck, then flip over when it comes out. The whiners and complainers are always loudest. And the showing times for the movie were packed and sold out today
Old 2016-03-27, 22:39   Link #326
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But I thought I heard somewhere that Green Lantern had a cameo too.
Spoiler:
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 12:15   Link #327
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think it was a 'good' movie. Not a great movie, not a "oh my god!!!" movie, but a good one. I agree make up your own mind, but feel free for your own mind to like or dislike the movie.

Overall it was good. They had a good Batman, Wonderwoman was pretty good from what we saw of her, Eisenberg's Luthor......sucked horribly. The action was really good I thought. Overall the build up was pretty solid and a lot of things made sense. Some things didn't feel necessary honestly.

It's a mixed bag. Kind of what I expected since DC is trying to rush to catch up to Marvel and get a Justice League movie out ASAP. On that front it certainly gets the job done. I don't think it's horrible, but I don't think it will be the best Superhero movie of the year. Honestly I think Deadpool is better overall.
Spoiler:

Again, I think it's a good movie. Just one with some flaws. 7/10.
Old 2016-03-28, 12:26   Link #328
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 13:43   Link #329
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ending related stuff:
Old 2016-03-28, 16:51   Link #330
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler:
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 00:17   Link #331
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2016-03-29, 08:15   Link #332
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Just saw the movie.:
Old 2016-03-29, 08:38   Link #333
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Impressions:

The movie is a good popcorn movie all told - I managed to watch it without popcorn or drinks, which was saying something - but I just disagree with what was actually presented.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 09:27   Link #334
com_gwp

Quote:
Spoiler for yup:

Last edited by com_gwp; 2016-03-29 at 10:45.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 09:54   Link #335
james0246

Well, if nothing else, I'm even more excited for a Wonder Woman film...

I honestly do not know what to think of this film. I know I didn't like it (it was needlessly erratic, hideously edited, and a morally convoluted film), but I also didn't necessarily dislike it (there are moments of genuine spectacle). Mostly I was bored. As entertainment goes, I do feel the film was a failure - Outside of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and the final battle sequence, the movie was by and large a loud mess with little to no emotion. Though Affleck gave a decent performance his Batman was a strange unnecessary sociopathic joke of himself (I was reminded more of Batman from the Flashpoint storyline than any other variation of the character); Eisenberg was thoroughly miscast and his Lex Luthor was a weird uninteresting character; and Superman's entire story was just a needless retread of his storyline from Man Of Steel (I still think Cavill is the right choice for the character, I just don't think the creators give him anything to do).

(It doesn't help that the pivotal Batman v Superman fight made no sense and could have been resolved simply by Supes putting his hands behind his head, assuming a non-threatening stance and simply asking, even begging, for help. In other words, the supposed tension surrounding the encounter could have been resolved in under a minute.)

But, damn was Gal Gadot a lot of fun. And the final fight had some absolutely amazing visuals. Amy Adams was also decent (and she proves, once again, to be the smartest person in the DC film universe), and the special effects were often jaw dropping.

In the end, the film just kind of exists. It's not bad enough to hate (though there are moments to hate), but it is not good enough to actively like (though there are moments to like). It's just kind of there, taking up space. 65/100.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 17:33   Link #336
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
There is one action sequence that never made sense to me here, or in the trailer...
Spoiler:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 09:16   Link #337
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
There is one action sequence that never made sense to me here, or in the trailer...
Spoiler:
They did.
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 04:33   Link #338
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Spoiler for Thoughts on the movie.:
Old 2016-04-03, 18:03   Link #339
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Old 2016-04-03, 19:15   Link #340
B214

Well i suppose its quite accurate since BvS was technically a Man of Steel sequel, a Batman film & the Justice League prelude.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote