AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-05-02, 00:29   Link #1801
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm meh about Jon coming back. everyone knew it was going to happen. i'm so much more hyped for the flashbacks we're going to get through Bran.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 00:36   Link #1802
Chosen_Hero

Spoiler for Season 6 episode 2:

All in all not a bad episode.
Old 2016-05-02, 02:37   Link #1803
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

We all knew it but it was good to see it.
Also love the flashback of a young Ned and his sister Lyanna.
Old 2016-05-02, 11:38   Link #1804
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I wonder what Bran will be like after his big "change"? Superpowers? Become OP in the art of magic?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 12:47   Link #1805
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i'm meh about Jon coming back. everyone knew it was going to happen. i'm so much more hyped for the flashbacks we're going to get through Bran.
Kind of agree. Jon coming back was expected (though I was hoping somewhat for Jon to come back as a Whitewalker - there could be some interesting tension if Jon is somehow now connected to the Whitewalkers, or at least some otherworldly force)). Still, the Bran flashbacks was interesting; They aren't moving the plot along quite yet, but the sheer volume of information is enlightening and fun.

My biggest moment of excitement, though, was the reintroduction of Pyke and the Greyjoys. This has been a loose thread for years now, and for so much to occur in the story all at once, it was a lot of fun. (It should be noted how well the episode's structure works the Greyjoy storyline into Melisandre's loss of faith - her biggest moment of triumph, her curse against the Kings, comes to fruition just as she has lost faith in her powers and her God (which leads me to wonder if her powers weren't diluted somehow while her curse against the 5 Kings was taking its time to be fully enacted.).)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 12:57   Link #1806
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Whatever else you think of his return, it was inevitable because there's a mountain of evidence Jon is crucial to the final resolution of the story (and GoT has quite distinctly left all those hints in). We'll see how they play it - I quite liked Beric Dondarrion, actually, and Buffy certainly showed this premise can be executed for great dramatic effect.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 13:07   Link #1807
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Spoiler:
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 19:51   Link #1808
sayde

Can't believe she actually pulled that off without a catch! Or maybe not. There's got to be a catch. Right? I mean I was almost certain that if he was coming back, it'd be at the expense of someone else since the last time we saw someone attempt a resurrection ritual it required a sacrifice...and still didn't end well.

I feel like Daenerys would be pretty salty about this. And Drogo would probably roll over in his grave. lol

Anyways, I'm excited to see where Jon and the Stark children go from here. Lastly, I have a feeling Ramsay's father foreshadowed how Ramsay is going to die. And god, I hope he's right.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 19:59   Link #1809
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Can't believe she actually pulled that off without a catch! Or maybe not. There's got to be a catch. Right? I mean I was almost certain that if he was coming back, it'd be at the expense of someone else since the last time we saw someone attempt a resurrection ritual it required a sacrifice...and still didn't end well.

I feel like Daenerys would be pretty salty about this. And Drogo would probably roll over in his grave. lol

Anyways, I'm excited to see where Jon and the Stark children go from here. Lastly, I have a feeling Ramsay's father foreshadowed how Ramsay is going to die. And god, I hope he's right.
there's precedence for lord of light type revival.

in previous season beric of the brotherhood without banners was revived at the cost of his memories

whether or not this applies to jon, we will see, because the ritual was different altogether
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 21:44   Link #1810
sayde

^^Point taken. I forgot about that.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 02:16   Link #1811
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I wonder if Balon's death was the catalyst that allowed Jon to be resurrected?
After all, Melisandre did curse the others Kings during the War.
Old 2016-05-03, 13:58   Link #1812
Galaxian

The only surprise in here is how quickly he was brought back to life. Honestly, I was expecting for it to happen halfway through the season.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 14:27   Link #1813
GDB

They really needed to do it as quickly as possible. It made sense not to do it in episode 1 so as to create the potential he might actually be dead. But in reality, everyone knew he'd be coming back. And leaving him for too long would not only stagnate that storyline, but also break immersion for why he didn't become a White Walker. It really had to be done in this episode or the next episode, and they opted to not pretend that the viewers were tricked.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 15:20   Link #1814
Jaden

There won't necessarily be any cost for the resurrection, perhaps Melisandre just has incredible power when it comes to making sure her visions come true. Though it seems like she's lost her faith because she misinterpreted those visions.

The show is still good but I did like the earlier seasons more. The writing was more about just building the world and characters, but now that it's heading towards some conclusion, it's lost some of its nuance.
Old 2016-05-05, 23:59   Link #1815
Maxulous
mono no aware

Why didn't Melisandre just trim his pubic hair? Everyone knows a man's life force is in his nuts.

Last edited by Maxulous; 2016-05-06 at 00:52.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 02:28   Link #1816
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The only surprise in here is how quickly he was brought back to life. Honestly, I was expecting for it to happen halfway through the season.
Melissandre was the elephant in the room. Dragging the matter of Jon Snow's possible resurrection would have been insulting to the intelligence of the audience.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 12:30   Link #1817
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxulous View Post
Why didn't Melisandre just trim his pubic hair? Everyone knows a man's life force is in his nuts.
Meta reason: Kit had cut his hair after the previous season to make people believe that John Snow was dead. He's been wearing extensions thus far this season. Those extensions were what got cut. They're basically providing an in-universe reason for why he'll have shorter hair, which he only has as a means of trying to sell the "John is dead" thing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 14:16   Link #1818
Galaxian

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That last scene...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 07:39   Link #1819
Maxulous
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Meta reason: Kit had cut his hair after the previous season to make people believe that John Snow was dead. He's been wearing extensions thus far this season. Those extensions were what got cut. They're basically providing an in-universe reason for why he'll have shorter hair, which he only has as a means of trying to sell the "John is dead" thing.
It ended up being quite debilitating to that scene.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 02:01   Link #1820
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for S6E03:

Tags
game of thrones, hbo