Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-08-05, 15:35   Link #101
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperlance
I think this is the best gundam series ever! My opinion might be wrong though because I am a newbie at this thing. I have watched so far
GGundam(finished)
Gundam wing(finished)
Gundam wing endless sonata
Gundam0078
Gundam XX unfinished due to the fact that the series has not been subbed completely.

Currently D/Ling victory gundam.

I am not going to watch the gundam sd for I consider those series as a disgrace to the gloriuous gundam series.

My question is what other gundam series am I missing? I know that there is supposed to be gundam ZZ but it is a bit old so I am not really interested.

Also lets discuss about gundamSEED!! I love this series, I hate Fleyy though! I really hate her! I also think that Kira was a moron should he choose Fleyy over "the pink princess"

SD Gundam is amazing, it is one of the best things you'll see, aslong as we're not talking about superior defender (shudder )
the OLD SD (super deformed) gundam rocks, stay away from superior defender!

you made a few mistakes in your gundam series titles

G Gundam is good, Victory is good, 0079 is good, X is alright (good )
Seed was a big letdown, Wing i cant really say (couldnt bring myself to watch it all) Endless waltz was mediocre, nothing special, but Sandrock Kai looked good.
You should watch Zeta, it's nice

(bad grammar in my post!! I'm too lazy to fix!)
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 15:57   Link #102
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
And SD Gundam isn't a disgrace, it's a tribute. Original voice actors and all. With your limited knowledge of the Universal Century series I wouldn't recommend it though, plenty of the characters and situations would be lost on you.
I think the SD he was talking about = "Superior Defender" not the "Super Deformed".
Lot of ppl got confused since they were both called "S.D. Gundam"
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 16:28   Link #103
Silver_Scorcher

SEED Volume's 2 & 3 to be released in October

I was wondering how Bandai would handle the release of a 50 episode TV series, and this completely caught me by surprise. According to Anime On DVD, SEED volumes 2 & 3 will be released at the same time in October. Usually Bandai releases a volume of a series every other month, so while it is the same case here, I wasn't expecting them to dish out two volumes at once. Maybe now that SEED Destiny is coming soon, Bandai wants to get the first series out of the way so that they can get started on Destiny ASAP. If this is why, then Bandai may end up "officially" licensing Destiny half way through its run.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 12:35   Link #104
Suikun

I'm not completely familiar with Gundam Seed, and I've gotta' say I find myself quite confused suddenly about what fits where with all the specials and stuff; there's the Astray stuff (red frame and blue frame?), the specials, and this "After Phase" thing, and then (the sequel?) Destiny.

So... aside from the 50 episode TV series, could someone give me a quick rundown of all the specials, what they are, and where they fit in/when they should be watched?
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 23:56   Link #105
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikun
I'm not completely familiar with Gundam Seed, and I've gotta' say I find myself quite confused suddenly about what fits where with all the specials and stuff; there's the Astray stuff (red frame and blue frame?), the specials, and this "After Phase" thing, and then (the sequel?) Destiny.

So... aside from the 50 episode TV series, could someone give me a quick rundown of all the specials, what they are, and where they fit in/when they should be watched?
Alright. The specials are merely rehashes of the original story. Each one is a little less than an hour with a couple of redone/new scenes. Personally I think your better off with the original 50 episodes. The after phase is a 5 minute OVA that takes place after the 50th episode. Now the Astray's are based on the Astray manga which takes place during the SEED TV series. The two promos are sort of based on that but focus more on the MSV (Mobile Suit Variations) which have MS that didn't make it into the original series and IMO look much better than whats shown in the series. It doesn't link up with the original series, so you can watch that anytime. Only if your strapped for time do I recommend watching the specials. And then obviously after you've watched the series, watch the 5 min OVA.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 08:12   Link #106
Suikun

Thanks - that helps alot!
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 10:17   Link #107
DNE
Kyo!

By far the best Gundam series ive seen so far
DNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 01:58   Link #108
foxdie

Gundam Seed Novice

Ok, I know there must be dozens of Seed treads so that's why I'm posting this as a quick question. The search would be a bit much

Is Seed watchable if you've never followed a Gundam series. I like to try some Gundam but I don't know if it makes sense to start here (and older series just look ....old).
foxdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 21:30   Link #109
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdie
Ok, I know there must be dozens of Seed treads so that's why I'm posting this as a quick question. The search would be a bit much

Is Seed watchable if you've never followed a Gundam series. I like to try some Gundam but I don't know if it makes sense to start here (and older series just look ....old).
Absolutely.

SEED was made with the exact goal of being a starting point for newer fans.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 22:33   Link #110
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

FYI: I started with Gundam Wing. Seed was my 2nd Gundam series. And I'm too stubborn to go back and watch 80's Gundam anime.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 03:35   Link #111
foxdie

Thanx, just what I needed to know, I''ll look them up then.
foxdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 20:34   Link #112
chimuikuzeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
R1 Gundam SEED DVD Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 will be released on 10/12/2004 and will feature 5 Episodes each MSRP'ed at $29.98. Once again, shop around and the prices you find will be very, very affordable.

Now that's what I call a speedy release Hooray for Bandai!
where can u get these for that price? what online store has those that isn't a crappy fansub bootleg. help please!
chimuikuzeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 21:12   Link #113
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimuikuzeru
where can u get these for that price? what online store has those that isn't a crappy fansub bootleg. help please!
The answer to that question is always BestPrices.com. All of their Gundam Seed DVDs and pre-orders are currently selling for $17.56.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 22:08   Link #114
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
The answer to that question is always BestPrices.com. All of their Gundam Seed DVDs and pre-orders are currently selling for $17.56.
Yes, but you pay shipping, which brings you to $19.54 per DVD if you were to order the two Gundam SEED volumes in question.

Quote:
Check out:

Gundam SEED Vol. 2 $17.99
Gundam SEED Vol. 3 $17.99

Deepdiscount DVD gives free shipping in the U.S. and sells only legtimate R1s.
So much for $29.99--that number means only one thing to me, no deal.

For general advice in Anime DVD shopping, visit:
The Anime On DVD Forum

Oh and you were looking for the entire Cardcaptor Sakura Series on [legitimate] DVD? The Right Stuf International has a Geneon Studio Sale going right now until Sunday the 26th. Use the sale along with their frequent buyer's program, you can get about $18.07 per DVD on the most of Geneon/Pioneer library, which includes CCS. But that can get a little expensive if you want the whole CCS series. The Right Stuff also has some bundle sales(the entire Kino no Tabi series for $55, about $80+ worth in retail) and some pretty amazing weekly specials like the Full Metal Panic! Vol. 1 + Artbox for $15 (they sell for about $35 in retailers like Best Buy.) for this week.

Or you can hunt eBay, many good deals on legit, albeit older (2002-2003) R1 Anime DVDs can be found if you look carefully. One of the better ways to look for individual volumes of legit DVDs is to put "vol" along with your search term, i.e. "Cardcaptor Sakura Vol" as your search term. That'll filter out most of the bootlegs because most of the bootlegs don't have "volumes."

It takes a little patience shopping around but it will trim your bottom line significantly. Good luck hunting!
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 23:06   Link #115
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
FYI: I started with Gundam Wing. Seed was my 2nd Gundam series. And I'm too stubborn to go back and watch 80's Gundam anime.
Well, Z has above-standard animation for its time. Perhaps you should wait for the Z movie trilogy, the first one premieres in a month or so at some film festival in Tokyo.

Besides, old animation is not a very valid reason not to watch anything. Heck, Akira and Macross: DYRL are two of the best-looking anime movies there are and they are from the 80's :P

Victory is from 1993 though, so you can't escape! Watch it
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 16:41   Link #116
chimuikuzeru

Quote:

are those the gundam seed special editions???? i couldn't find it on that site.
chimuikuzeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 07:35   Link #117
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
If You Insist on Buying from BestPrices...

Quote:
are those the gundam seed special editions???? i couldn't find it on that site.
And paying shipping charges, here they are:

Gundam SEED Vol. 1 with Limited Edition Artbox + Soundtrack CD $29.27 (MSRP $49.98)
Gundam SEED Vol. 2 (Pre-Order, 10/12/2004) $17.56 (MSRP $29.98)
Gundam SEED Vol. 3 (Pre-Order, 10/12/2004) $17.56 (MSRP $29.98)

And there are two more (Vol. 4 and Vol. 5) that you can find in most online retailers. So far, there's been no announcement of any limted/special edition pack-ins for Gundam SEED beyond the Vol. 1 + LE Artbox + CD. A bit of a downer if you ask me, but it's not a deal killer and I'm pre-ordering Gundam SEED as they come out.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 19:39   Link #118
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

Ray's lover...

hey guys.... i was wondering...what's the name of Ray's lover? you know, the girl who co-pilot Ray's TMF A803... (i went the official site but damn i can't read katakana yet)

and does anyone know where to get wallpapers that has her in them?
R-S-W-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 12:40   Link #119
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
OMG a Gundam forum im gonna have a heart attack..... I love this series

This rox im gonna be here often

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 19:21   Link #120
MugenIchiban

Hi this maybe a stupid question but its been buggin me. What is the correct way of spelling Lacus Clyde before it got licensed? I seen Rakusu Klein before and on the Gundam Seed site I translated her name to Rakusu Kuraiso.

Thanks
MugenIchiban is offline   Reply With Quote