Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-10-20, 23:56   Link #301
Ether
Simple Minded Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamfans
To not scare you, Rukia's voice actor, she's the same VA for Meia in Vandread, and PACIFICA in Scrapped Princess. I am not joking. She sounds like a young guy to you because in many animes, young guys (below age 15) are voiced by women, so that's why you have that feeling. I'm fine with Rukia's voice. She was supposed to give this bad-as* feel, and the VA does a good job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Orikasa Fumiko

Even more interesting is the fact that she did the voice of Chise in SaiKano, Victoria in Hellsing, Ciel in Tsukihime, Yayoi in Stellvia, Fuyutsuki in GTO and a lot of other major roles. She's a very capable seiyuu. The 'fake' voice she uses around the classmates does kind of sound the same as her Ms. Valentine, from One Piece.
Thanks for the information ^^ I didn't realize how many credits Fumiko-san has to her name. I never doubted that the seiyuu was in fact a woman and I also knew that most young male characters were voiced by women, it just seemed a bit deep at first. I've already begun to get used to her voice, it does seem fitting for the character.

Haven't seen 3 yet though, waiting for the Keep-Anbu release. Nothing against the other groups (I have seen all 3 versions of ep1), just a personal preference.
Ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 00:05   Link #302
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
hm, i was right when i thought Orikasa Fumiko was talented (a deduction i made after hearing her "Giddy Rukia" voice) cuz that is one WIDE range of voices!
IMO, Oririn clearly is talented and in a very sellect group of VA's who haven't been typecast into a specific role type. I hold her right next to Aya Hisakawa and Kuwashima Houko in terms of range since Rukia is the first and closest she has come to a 'male' [or male sounding] role. Does seem to take on a number of really eccentric characters [Niea_7 UFOmaniac, teh 'Rei' clone in Stratos4, BPS genius loli, ect] and can layer a show with so much melodrama it can make a grown man cry. Saikano was loaded pretty heavy with this , Millenium Actress was much worse at times T_T.

She's even more incredible when you compare all her current roles. The sarcastic tomboy Rukia is pretty alien to the ever sunny Maybelle West, as well as the unconventionally straight Miko in Kirara and the kid mascot Marion in Kaleidostar. They don't even sound alike so I have problems spotting her at times Eagerly expecting Rukia's exposure to modern television. One of my fav. portions in the manga was when she overplays Don Kanonji's laugh to annoy Ichigo

Still very much suprised how well the cast here matches the characters. Sure it tends to typecast them, but was there any doubt that Orihime be brought to the screen by Yuki Matsuoka's career scatterbrain, or Noda Junko taking on the other series tomboy Tatsuki? Also not missing Miyabi from Ninnin ga Shinobuden, Rie Kugimiya does a great job putting on the irritated little sister again So far the ensemble cast appears well matched, more interested in whether they can keep it up when more ppl are introduced.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 01:47   Link #303
hooliganj
Team Player

Based on the first preview, I'm really looking forward to Kubo Tite doing the voice of Kon. It's the first time I've ever heard of a manga author performing in his own anime, and playing the hyper spaz role, no less.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 03:51   Link #304
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
I just checked out the VA's in ANN site, and was quite surprised that Noriaki Sugiyama will YET ONCE AGAIN, voice another "angsty", "prodigy/genius" type of a character in Ishida Uryuu. He may probably make it sound a bit older/deeper, but somehow, iI feel that it's gonna sound too much like Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 11:23   Link #305
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Based on the first preview, I'm really looking forward to Kubo Tite doing the voice of Kon. It's the first time I've ever heard of a manga author performing in his own anime, and playing the hyper spaz role, no less.
Never seen excel saga have you?
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 11:48   Link #306
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Point. But he won't be playing himself, and he'll have more than a line or two per episode.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 17:32   Link #307
DrewGSR

AKeep ANBU version has been released for episode 3
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 18:02   Link #308
Rebochan
Clubbing

By the end of Episode 3, I'm convinced I'm going to love this show. The drama, the action, and the comedy have been well-balanced, and it's not started dragging yet. When the Bleach forum shows up, I'm there.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 18:24   Link #309
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

I've heard lots of good things about this series! I think I'll watch it next!

The name of this series reminds me of the Dead Milkmen song "Bleach Boys."
Old 2004-10-21, 19:23   Link #310
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Couldn't agree More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
By the end of Episode 3, I'm convinced I'm going to love this show. The drama, the action, and the comedy have been well-balanced, and it's not started dragging yet. When the Bleach forum shows up, I'm there.
I love the emotional story being told and the characters already have me captured. I like how the animation is done too. The way the action is depicted gives me chills.

cdk
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 20:16   Link #311
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Hmm, Ken Akamatsu has shown up as himself as well? Too bad he didn't exercise as much creative control over his baby there

Parts I liked about ep3
Spoiler:

Still a bit shaky on the double setup for the Big Enemy after Ichigo and crew. But let's see how this one goes
Old 2004-10-22, 16:15   Link #312
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

I realy, realy liked ep 3. It didn't depart much from the manga (Except for the departures taken from eps 1 and 2
Spoiler:
I like how the handled hte memory replacement too, that was funny.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 16:55   Link #313
Phych

I'm wondering, can hollows be saved if their masks are broken? It seemed like Orihime's brother was stunned when Ichigo cracked his mask..and if Ichigo went a little further, maybe it would've put Orihime's brother out of the trance.

I like the opening animation for Bleach the best so far (i like the opening song for beck the best :P), and I really like the ending theme. I've looked up stuff on Rie Fu (ending theme singer) and her stuff sounds really good...kinda sheryl crow/michelle branch-ish sound.
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 21:46   Link #314
IDentity
Heart of a Lion

Episode 3 was one sad episode for me... Seeing Orihime crying just makes me feel bad... And the animation was drawn much better than the previous 2 episodes. Say, they did lighten Ichigo's hair colour to strawberry blonde when he was fighting against the hollow...
IDentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 09:04   Link #315
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Great news!

toriyama's world will be subbing Bleach!
As one of the highest quality subbers/scanlators on the web this can only be seen as welcome news.

I for one will be anticipating their releases.
Old 2004-10-23, 10:06   Link #316
seiftis
~defying fate

Ah so next episode will be about chad/sado and the parakeet? That's uh... chapter 6 in the manga correct?

Last edited by seiftis; 2004-10-23 at 10:21.
seiftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 15:29   Link #317
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Great news!

toriyama's world will be subbing Bleach!
As one of the highest quality subbers/scanlators on the web this can only be seen as welcome news.

I for one will be anticipating their releases.
Nope, this is actually very bad news. There are what, 6 groups+releases so far on this? They are about near a month too late for announcing it anyway. Lunar and Anbu have been doing excellent work at a decent pace so I personally don't see why more blokes should get on the bandwagon. Besides, if its profile gets any higher I'd put money down that this show will get into a licencing war b4 x'mas.
Old 2004-10-23, 16:54   Link #318
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phych
I'm wondering, can hollows be saved if their masks are broken? It seemed like Orihime's brother was stunned when Ichigo cracked his mask..and if Ichigo went a little further, maybe it would've put Orihime's brother out of the trance.

I like the opening animation for Bleach the best so far (i like the opening song for beck the best :P), and I really like the ending theme. I've looked up stuff on Rie Fu (ending theme singer) and her stuff sounds really good...kinda sheryl crow/michelle branch-ish sound.
the only way to save a hollow is to "kill" them, it works the same way as "sending" normal ghosts, but is about 100x more difficult (maybe thousands later on)
i can't understand why you'd want to change a person back to human-ghost when they go to the soul society anyway (well, there are exceptions, and one of them is coming up soon)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 20:36   Link #319
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Nope, this is actually very bad news. There are what, 6 groups+releases so far on this? They are about near a month too late for announcing it anyway. Lunar and Anbu have been doing excellent work at a decent pace so I personally don't see why more blokes should get on the bandwagon.
I was under the impression that many people knew a Toriyama World version was coming out.
Quote:
Besides, if its profile gets any higher I'd put money down that this show will get into a licencing war b4 x'mas.
Great!
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 21:41   Link #320
ViVi_bOi

Naisho-fansubs & ToriyamaWorld Screenshot added. Same for some credits
ViVi_bOi is offline   Reply With Quote