Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-12, 05:04   Link #25161
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
-snip-
Look, I respect the thought and effort you put into your explanation but you can't start your post with complaining about the ridiculousness of the discussion and then write this highly metaphorical comparison to computer hardware,software and processes. I mean, c'mon

Anyway, it seems that, in general, people arguing that Omote is the exact same as Akasha do so by focusing on the moment their memories merge and I'd agree with that. The moment the rosary is destroyed Omote is by all means dead. Even more so, when Akasha started to speak to Tsukune after the merger she was clearly the dominant one as she spoke about her in third person.

What I'm saying is that up to that point they were two seperate personalities. From the moment Omote was born she lived a different teenage life than Akasha which shaped her to be different.

Read #53 again if you like. Omote's reaction is that of an individual with true self-consciousness. She laments the fact that she is an artifical personality made in Akasha's image but she's definitely not like: "Oh wait, I remember, I'm actually Akasha."
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 07:02   Link #25162
Tenzen12

Quote:
...okay, now everyone's just mincing words about whether Akasha = Omote or not. I know what I will say next won't be the end-all, be-all about this topic but honestly, it's getting close to being ridiculous.

I take it that most people know the computer terms 'system image', 'system restore', 'backup', and 'partitions' are? Granted, this explanation isn't going to be able to account for everything perfectly ... but we're dealing with magic here.

What it seems Akasha did, in order to create the personality that later became Omote, was to essentially take out all her Operating System files and put it into the Rosary like it was a flash drive. When the flash drive was disconnected, the 'Omote program' ceased and Ura woke up - that makes sense, right? It also makes sense that the 'rosary' also saved data as a boot.ini and other things that the program 'learned to do' on its own. Eventually, Ura's program learned some of Omote's programming and slowly began to integrate some of those processes into her own (why she got increasingly nicer as days went on, among other things).

Now, what was 'left' of Akasha was all the 'files' that made up her system, but since the OS wasn't there, there wasn't an entire lot that could be done. Have you tried booting up a computer without an Operating System on it? Doesn't tend to work nicely, does it? Anyway, Gyokuro was able to move Akasha that device to hack the motor control functions of Alucard via Akasha's files. But then, Gyokuro hit that one sector that was hard-coded never to harm Moka and .. and everyone saw what happened. Alucard could only really control the giant body by directly interfacing with it - he had an OS, Akasha didn't so his 'drive' took priority. When the rosary interfaced directly with the giant body, Akasha's drive overrode Alucard's due to being weakened by Fuhai and the Headmaster. All the information stored on the Rosary was then made into a partition in Akasha's original memory/drive. Akasha now 'remembers' her time as Omote as if she had lived another life, which she essentially did. Her consciousness/OS still had most, if not all of the processes that it performed as Omote saved and accessible. The gap in data/time on Akasha's drive was filled in with Omote's information - this is why Akasha reacted so strongly to Tsukune.

How many times has a person who lost their memories of their life that they had before 'the accident', woken up, found a new life doing something completely different but with the same 'feeling' as before, be in such pain when their other memories come back and they discovered that they had a loved one who was married to them from before but now, they have a new lover...? Both 'versions' of that same person are still the same person - acts performed by that person are still done by that same person, even if they go by a different name. Hakuroro from UTAWARERERUMONO suffered a similar fate.

Ugh, all that talk about computers. @_@ If someone could translate what I said into normal speak, more power to you.
But, Akasha used "Copy" instead "Cut" and then her files got corrupted by Allucard and thus whole system could not be rebooted until rewriting these files by those of Omote (which had custom settings by that time already).

But there are still issue with this approach anyway, cause as computers doesn't have consciousness yet, so there is no need make distinction. If they had there would be same problem as in Omote x Akasha. Both of them had separate consciousness, Omote died and Akasha simply inherited her memories. That's pretty much all to it. It wouldn't make difference if they were completely unrelated.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-02-12 at 07:12.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 09:18   Link #25163
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Am I the only one that likes the idea that Moka was actually Akasha without memories? I find the twist to be unique and refreshing. You don't see milfs of this caliber like this before.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 09:30   Link #25164
Tenzen12

Akasha was absorbed in Alucard whole time and kept him sealed. And if there are two "same" person with different set of experience, they are not same person no metter what is their origin.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 10:28   Link #25165
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Am I the only one that likes the idea that Moka was actually Akasha without memories? I find the twist to be unique and refreshing. You don't see milfs of this caliber like this before.
I'm with you. It's so refreshing we have an actual milf ending like this.
Old 2014-02-15, 15:38   Link #25166
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So, I finally read the chapter (wanted to give it time so I could come to my own pure conclusions), and this is my final review of the chapter.

First, the thing that got pushed away which I think is total bullshit- the thing about Alucard also desiring coexistence. That felt like "trying to redeem the villain" moment, which, except in some very rare cases, is a bullshit move. Then again, I will agree with what most have said- 66.6 felt very rushed overall.

Now then, since I have read the chapter, time to once again touch on the shitstorm moment of Akasha, Outer Moka and Tsukune. Here's how I see it- remember how way back when there was discussion of the whole "how does Outer-Inner work, which side is the real side" argument? Well, we had it wrong, obviously- there were never two Mokas, we in fact had two akashas- the one inside Alucard, and the one that would be known as Moka. And just to clarify, the one that would become Moka is also her own separate self. At the end, all we got was a merging of the Akashas... but for all intents and purposes, Tsukune was in love with the Akasha-turned-Moka, not the Akasha-mother-of-Moka, the former of which she became fully at the end.

Anyways, as I said on the previous page, I'm hoping we don't get the harem cop-out ending in two months. Otherwise, I'm curious as to what new series will be starting in/taking over Rosario's place (btw, as has been mentioned before, if we do get a continuation, the title is now kinda defunct...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 16:06   Link #25167
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So, I finally read the chapter (wanted to give it time so I could come to my own pure conclusions), and this is my final review of the chapter.

First, the thing that got pushed away which I think is total bullshit- the thing about Alucard also desiring coexistence. That felt like "trying to redeem the villain" moment, which, except in some very rare cases, is a bullshit move. Then again, I will agree with what most have said- 66.6 felt very rushed overall.

Now then, since I have read the chapter, time to once again touch on the shitstorm moment of Akasha, Outer Moka and Tsukune. Here's how I see it- remember how way back when there was discussion of the whole "how does Outer-Inner work, which side is the real side" argument? Well, we had it wrong, obviously- there were never two Mokas, we in fact had two akashas- the one inside Alucard, and the one that would be known as Moka. And just to clarify, the one that would become Moka is also her own separate self. At the end, all we got was a merging of the Akashas... but for all intents and purposes, Tsukune was in love with the Akasha-turned-Moka, not the Akasha-mother-of-Moka, the former of which she became fully at the end.

Anyways, as I said on the previous page, I'm hoping we don't get the harem cop-out ending in two months. Otherwise, I'm curious as to what new series will be starting in/taking over Rosario's place (btw, as has been mentioned before, if we do get a continuation, the title is now kinda defunct...)
Quick clarification: He never wanted co-existence. He wanted a world solely for monsters. What Akasha meant by them having the same goal was that both of them wanted to create a perfect world for monsters. They simply differed on what that meant.
Old 2014-02-17, 16:32   Link #25168
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Quick clarification: He never wanted co-existence. He wanted a world solely for monsters. What Akasha meant by them having the same goal was that both of them wanted to create a perfect world for monsters. They simply differed on what that meant.
He wanted coexistence in the beginning. It even says on the first page of 66.6 that he wanted to build a utopia where humans and creatures could coexist. Humans in turn feared him. killed all those around him and brought him to despise them.
Old 2014-02-20, 20:12   Link #25169
GrimJack

just a little picture from the jump square website promoting the april edition of SQ 19

Old 2014-02-20, 20:38   Link #25170
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
just a little picture from the jump square website promoting the april edition of SQ 19

uhm moka look different 0_0
Old 2014-02-20, 21:09   Link #25171
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Still beautiful as always. :3

One thing I've noticed while looking at your sig, GrimJack. Isn't it weird that the last volume has Hokuto and Kiria on the front? Or is there another volume cover.

I just feel that the last volume of the series really shouldn't have those to non-characters on front. 'Cause like seriously... They did diddly squat this season. Should have been the whole gang (Or Tsukune and Ura huehuehue)

But still the fact that Hokuto and Kiria did nothing is annoying. I thought they had some dasderdly plan all bundled up as well to unleash after hey were finished with Tsukune and Co. But NOOOOOOooooooo....

It's intriguing, the way RV ended with these hugly irritating loose ends... Really is underwhelming in some ways....Ah well.

Still loving it. Gonna bing read the series even after the after story! Even if it sends me into a massive spiral of depression.... .-.
Old 2014-02-21, 00:21   Link #25172
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Um, guys?

Moka's hair is pink in that picture.

Old 2014-02-21, 00:25   Link #25173
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...no, please don't do what the anime did - or something similar to that...pwease...
Old 2014-02-21, 00:37   Link #25174
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
...no, please don't do what the anime did - or something similar to that...pwease...
I don't even remember what happened anymore. All I know was that it wasn't a good adaptation. Anyways, it says after story on that cover so I wonder if it'll feature a timeskip?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 01:11   Link #25175
XFire
150% done

Watch the epilogue be titled "Return of the MILF"
Old 2014-02-21, 02:23   Link #25176
Pesti13nce

Probably just took some artistic liberties, honestly with the background of that cover silver hair probably wouldn't look good so why not add some pink? I mean come on she's grabbing at the rosery that was destroyed/thrown on alucard..

At least I hope it's just artistic liberty..
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 04:46   Link #25177
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Still beautiful as always. :3

One thing I've noticed while looking at your sig, GrimJack. Isn't it weird that the last volume has Hokuto and Kiria on the front? Or is there another volume cover.

I just feel that the last volume of the series really shouldn't have those to non-characters on front. 'Cause like seriously... They did diddly squat this season. Should have been the whole gang (Or Tsukune and Ura huehuehue)

But still the fact that Hokuto and Kiria did nothing is annoying. I thought they had some dasderdly plan all bundled up as well to unleash after hey were finished with Tsukune and Co. But NOOOOOOooooooo....

It's intriguing, the way RV ended with these hugly irritating loose ends... Really is underwhelming in some ways....Ah well.

Still loving it. Gonna bing read the series even after the after story! Even if it sends me into a massive spiral of depression.... .-.
The cover of the volume is just the last one published in Japan there should be one (or even two more)
Old 2014-02-21, 10:51   Link #25178
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
The cover of the volume is just the last one published in Japan there should be one (or even two more)
Thanks for clarification.

As for the picture, I think it's artistic liberty. Omote is the poster child. Whenever you look up "Moka" chances are you get Omote.

That's just how it is. I think it's not something to freak out about.

...Ikeda wouldn't be that evil.
Old 2014-02-21, 10:58   Link #25179
Homura7

Yeah well, her hair may be pink again, but the look is of the real Moka, no doubt.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 00:26   Link #25180
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
What's to come may justify or contradict that image. Maybe Moka does a dye job in remembrance, or something.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire