AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 02:59   Link #61
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The next installment WILL be AC3 and the final chapter, too - Ubisoft has been clear on that, since we're fast approaching the in-universe date when everything comes down (the 2012 date mentioned at the end of Brotherhood when Desmond is busy skipping and hopping around through the Colosseum trying to find a secret entrance to the temple), and Ubisoft reportedly would find it awkward if AC3 were to be released AFTER 2012.

So right now they're flooring it, trying to meet the real-life deadline.

A sensible question, though, would be asking whether AC3 will incorporate Animus time-travel or if it will take place in modern times, since the story should now concentrate on resolving the current Templar-Assassins crisis.

But since the Main Vault is located
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-25, 05:51   Link #62
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. And now, the twilight of my life, misunderstanding has past into contentment.
Love, liberty, and time: once was so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. And love, most especially, mia cara. For you, our children, our brothers and sisters. And for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life, and keeps us guessing."

- Ezio Auditore (Age 65)
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 23:21   Link #63
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Did anybody seen Embers yet? What if Ubi decided to go to China instead and follow Xiao Yun....or not. Anyway, I've seen it and it's funny that her hidden blade is on her shoe instead. This short film is really depressing btw. Not a befitting end for a Grand Master of the Order. But looks like he's content somewhat.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 00:11   Link #64
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Remind me again, why must Lucy be killed at the end of Brotherhood ? I don't recall any....Revelations about her death in this title.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 01:13   Link #65
Elvin

^Might want to put that in a spoiler tag
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:42   Link #66
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I saw the ending of Embers and I am really and truly sad, the end of an era.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:15   Link #67
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ezio Is Trolling Dating Sites. He’s Very Good.
Old 2011-11-29, 08:05   Link #68
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Can't believe I actually did it and bought almost 2 copies of each an every main entry. Maybe I should track down the PC version of the original title now that it is dirt cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I saw the ending of Embers and I am really and truly sad, the end of an era.
Played the main game yet ? The final Altair's memory/flashback should be on the all time greatest video game moments if I have my way,
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 14:03   Link #69
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Yeah I finished it a couple of days ago and that Altair moment all I could think was Rest In Peace Old Assassin, you lived and died always thinking about the assassins and nothing more.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 22:31   Link #70
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You and people like you are going to flood every forum with complaints about how 'nothing makes sense' when you get around to playing ACIII. Just saying.
This^

Come on people at least pick up the game when the prices drops so you can have an actual idea whats going on as fare as the story.

Anyway...so ends the adventures and legacy of two great warriors both Altair and Enzo lived, loved, and fought it's only fitting that both stories are wrapped up together.
Old 2011-12-26, 14:11   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally finished it.

I was disappoint. Ezio is old but faster-stronger , the game is easier & shorter than the previous , damn i always hated the stupid IA attacking 1 by 1. The events at Constantinople was meh. I was bored till the last sequence with the revelations.
They removed a lot of things. A few secondary quests , no more faction's quests. Puzzles....

Well , the bombs were good stuffs , the arabic art was great , the tower defense was fun , they added Assassin's quests.....
But even , overall , it was rather bad. It felt cheap.

Nice ending though. No Ezio anymore. So he had 2 childrens with Sophia & died at 65. Damn , a great guy !

For the 1st civilization , i think that they are plotting something even though they "want" to save the world. They might claim back their authorities over Humanity.
Desmond , don't do "it" with Junon lol.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 18:12   Link #72
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Just started playing it yesterday. So far, it's much of what's already been seen in Brotherhood. Some of the good points is how they added something new to recruiting new assassins in that some of the ones you recruit have more developed quests rather than simply saving them from rampaging guards, and they're at a whoopin' level 5 instead of level 1.

I also like the new bomb feature and more ammo for the hidden gun, although I honestly never use bombs in the first place so it doesn't make too much of a difference for me. I have been using the gun a lot more, but I'm still in the early stages of the game and haven't gotten around to buying the crossbow, which I favour greatly. The fact you can defend the assassin's den is also something pretty neat, although I'm really good at keeping notoriety low so again, it's no big difference for me.

Otherwise, what I'm seeing in Revelations, I've already seen in Brotherhood. I'm not much interested in Desmond's Journey either, for one thing, and the fact they made it a first person feature loses even more points. The fact they took out faction quests or got rid of the notion of recruiting factions altogether is even worse. I'm not finding the game difficult at all, even when it comes to getting 100% synch in missions. As -Sho- said, it feels pretty cheap and overall rushed. I guess that's what happens when there's really nothing new to add to the game and you only have one year to work on it. Granted, they only took one year to do Brotherhood but it felt like they already knew what to do to improve the gameplay. And I still feel that Brotherhood's multiplayer was far better than Revelations.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 20:55   Link #73
justsomeguy

I'm playing right now. I have a bunch of lvl10 Assassins, but I can't really assign them to dens because I cannot tell on the map which dens have Masters and which do not. Can anybody tell me?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 21:09   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I'm playing right now. I have a bunch of lvl10 Assassins, but I can't really assign them to dens because I cannot tell on the map which dens have Masters and which do not. Can anybody tell me?
I believe the white ones are the ones that you can assign, but basically what I did was visit all of them and assign them on the spot.

If not just scroll over the dens and find the ones that says "Master Assassin Mission" or something like that.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 21:39   Link #75
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I believe the white ones are the ones that you can assign, but basically what I did was visit all of them and assign them on the spot.
Actually, it seems like it's the black ones. Unfortunately, when the Master Assassin has a mission, the icon turns into the black one too. So apparently there's no choice but to visit each black marker and do the mission to get it off the map.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 22:05   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Actually, it seems like it's the black ones. Unfortunately, when the Master Assassin has a mission, the icon turns into the black one too. So apparently there's no choice but to visit each black marker and do the mission to get it off the map.
When you assign a Den Leader you should more or less start the Master Assassin's mission on the spot.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 15:34   Link #77
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Finally got to play it and...

...um, what?
Old 2012-01-29, 07:15   Link #78
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The next installment WILL be AC3 and the final chapter, too - Ubisoft has been clear on that, since we're fast approaching the in-universe date when everything comes down (the 2012 date mentioned at the end of Brotherhood when Desmond is busy skipping and hopping around through the Colosseum trying to find a secret entrance to the temple), and Ubisoft reportedly would find it awkward if AC3 were to be released AFTER 2012.

So right now they're flooring it, trying to meet the real-life deadline.

A sensible question, though, would be asking whether AC3 will incorporate Animus time-travel or if it will take place in modern times, since the story should now concentrate on resolving the current Templar-Assassins crisis.

But since the Main Vault is located
Spoiler:
So you say that AC III might takes place in the American Revolution?
DaRk HuNt3r F4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 07:57   Link #79
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

It might.

However, there is also the French revolution to keep in mind, and I'm sure it could give its own lot of historical events and places (the Bastille takeover, anyone?) to explore. Both revolutions involved many Freemason figureheads (the Jacobins of the French Revolution, led by Robespierre, and American individuals like George Washington), so it's possible Ubisoft will be targeting that since there is a framework to take advantage of. This is a personal guess, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

But since AC3 is supposed to be the last part of the series (by that, I mean, put an end to the Assassin-Templar war and Desmond's story -- not the end of the AC franchise itself), as the in-game fateful date is approaching dangerously, it's also possible half of the game will occur in modern times.

AC:R's game director even suggested that the AC franchise could continue beyond AC3, but with a different main character this time.

So, even if either France or the US aren't Animus sceneries for AC3, they could very well be for future installments of the series, beyond "Desmond's Cycle".
Old 2012-01-30, 15:36   Link #80
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I beat Assassin's Creed II yesterday and immediately started looking at prices for Brotherhood on Amazon. I figured, what the hell, I'm going to buy Revelations eventually, anyway, so I bought that, too. I had purchased II while I was still in the middle of playing the first game. I really did not expect to love these games as much as I have. I never really liked the stealthy/assassination kinds of games. A friend highly recommended AC1 and I'm glad I listened.

AC2 was especially fun because I'm an Italian-American. I was really tempted to put the voices in Italian to practice trying to understand Italian (took 3 semesters of it in undergrad; I can read it okay, but I can't listen to it well). It was also a blast to explore an artist's rendition of places I've visited in real life. I can't wait to show my dad these places (he lived in Italy for 6 years when he was in med school) in the game when he visits my place... or I may bring my PS3 home for Spring Break.

Can't wait to get Brotherhood. Should arrive tomorrow. But, I may put it on hold. I think I'm going to do the two AC2 DLCs first. I might purchase them this evening if I get bored.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote