AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-14, 20:09   Link #1681
Tormenk

No explanation for how Akame survived cutting herself with Murasame. Only reasonable explanation was Murasame absorbing Kurome's blood rendered her immune or less suspectible to the one-hit kill effect.

Akame being literally branded for her actions was consistent with her ending monologue. Just wished there was a little bit more to that but that was always the case with Akame outside of fighting. She doesn't get enough focus.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 21:00   Link #1682
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I was expecting a downer ending and I'm prepared for it, but it seems that Akame ga Kill! ended on a bittersweet note.

Well, glad that this anime is over... Good riddence, Honest!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 21:26   Link #1683
com_gwp

Remind me never to get hyped for an adaptation again. I've seen too much disappointment in these last two years.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 21:52   Link #1684
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Remind me never to get hyped for an adaptation again. I've seen too much disappointment in these last two years.
Between this and Chaika, I need a break from adaptations.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 22:06   Link #1685
IceHism

Besides that the execution of this anime original ending is a lot different than what i expected, i didn't really like the action choreography in this episode. It seems the manga will still be ongoing for quite the while too...

Anyways, definitely not one of Takahiro's better works but as long as he sees his mistakes, i'm sure he can improve on it in the manga since he's not really a shounen writer to begin with. He should probably stick with more seinen-orientated works like his VNs or his other airing show YuYuYu.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 22:11   Link #1686
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a good ending dosnt leave any lose strings but there just so much death in this Its just like 24 the anime version

6/10
Old 2014-12-14, 22:37   Link #1687
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

The amount of manga angst is unreal. Having read the source material, I can't see how anyone can be shocked at how the anime ended. Sure, the manga is going to take a longer path to get there, but the anime ending was absolutely consistent in terms of how it treated its characters.

Why any manga reader actually thinks all those characters are going to survive and live happy lives....just....
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 23:06   Link #1688
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I think I'm the only one who liked this adaption better than the actual manga. The manga had too many repetitive fights and had a couple really terrible arcs.

I actually liked the way Tatsumi died. I'm not happy that he DIED, of course, but he did it in a truly heroic manner that befit his character.

If I'm upset about a death it would be Leone's, because that particular death did seem a bit too Deus Ex Machina for my tastes.

Honestly, Leone's death was the only one I thought was poorly done. I didn't really expect Mine to die, but at the same time I understand how she did (and it wasn't like she died for nothing).

And for those wondering why Akame could cut herself with Murasame and not die, IT'S REALLY OBVIOUS. The Imperial Arms choose their users, not the other way around. Clearly Akame was tested and found worthy, just as Esdeath was when she drank the demon's blood. I swear, it's like the people criticizing this stuff didn't even watch the show. It's established lore... you'd see it if you'd get your head out of your ass and pay attention.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-12-15 at 14:22. Reason: manga mention removed
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 23:34   Link #1689
nooneagain

^but in the earlier episode, didn't akame explained that she needs to be careful when cleaning Murasame, since a cut will mean death? although the scene was like a comic relief.
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 23:41   Link #1690
HandofFate

Because just lol,oops I cut myself, the sword be like, b****please, and just kill her.

Akame cutting herself as a testament to her resolve in order to taking down an opponent worth the act = okay i spot you one
Old 2014-12-15, 01:57   Link #1691
Devaki
Kiseki no Yūsha

Now, who you gonna blame for that?

Old 2014-12-15, 02:11   Link #1692
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
It's not that bad, frankly I've seen worse, this is hardly one of the worst adaptations this year.
You can't really blame them. They've already forgotten the other bad ones!

I've long since accepted two things:

1. Most adaptations suck, anime or not.

2. Conflict resolution is easily one of the worst problems in anime.

So yeah, certainly criticize it for missing the mark in whatever way. But at the same time, it's easier to appreciate it for what it is, rather than be disappointed that hype didn't meet expectations.

AKG isn't a bad anime, but it's not great either. Frankly speaking, the manga isn't that fantastic either. Enjoyable, sometimes exciting, but nothing that hasn't been done before. If the title wasn't so graphically violent, I doubt it would have gotten the attention it did.
Old 2014-12-15, 04:12   Link #1693
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
1. Most adaptations suck, anime or not.
True story.
And when they don't suck, they don't sell.
I'm waiting for a third and last season of Wolf & Spice.
For the anime, seriously, my best part ... is the death of Esdeath.
I know it's stupid, i don't want her to die in the manga ... But ... for a pairing lover, it's was a good ending for them ... despite Tatsumi can't say a thing when she embrace him.
Old 2014-12-15, 04:39   Link #1694
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secori View Post
Easy on the hate bro. I think this show and manga easily top the best shows and manga released, completed or ongoing. At some point you knew or should have known you didnt like the show and you watched it anyway. So if you didnt like it dont go saying it so generally like its a fact. Many people, including myself actually enjoyed this show.
If you want to rank a show with that many glaring issues amongst your top, then all power to you I guess. The manga had its flaws but it's overall alright. The anime just went full ridiculous, even if you consider it a route B.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 05:17   Link #1695
NeutralZero

okay... not good but not that bad of an ending...
somehow it would be nice it they go for Leone's fight before Esdeath and Akame...
The death of that fatso washed all the tension in the earlier fight
and got to say Esdeath is a good loser...
also got to love Lan's comment in the theatrical ver. referencing he is dead in the manga and alive in the anime...
an ok end comapre to Chaika...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 05:41   Link #1696
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I believe Akame didn't die because somehow she "mastered" her sword in a way she couldn't be killed by it. When she used her trump card, she felt pretty confident about it. But you can't kill off such a powerful boss as Esdeath, with such a quick combat. Seriously, much weaker opponents lasted way longer than her.

And Leone who survived everything, dying this easily...

I'm really glad this series is over because lately I just couldn't stand it anymore. As I already said after Chelsea's Death it literally went downhill.

My overall rating is 7/10 (very well until ep.17, very bad after it).
Old 2014-12-15, 05:58   Link #1697
Rogue66

Don,t know how to feel about this adaptation i see worst original ending but his could have been a lot better than his. It was quiet a bitter sweet ending but why did Leone have to die it felt unnecessary and with only Akame and Najenda surviving was quite sad. overall it was good until they started to do the original ending, then their were only a few thing I liked after that.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 06:58   Link #1698
desrtsku
Nympholept

It's finally over, I can finally move on with my life.
Old 2014-12-15, 07:17   Link #1699
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
As far as I can remember, since the day of Dragon Ball & Sailormoon anime, people already complained about the flawed manga/LN adaptations that fell short on capturing the true awesomeness of the source materials. The earliest I can remember is the complain about the excrutiatingly slow pacing of Dragon Ball Z and filler episodes and filler characters plagued the series until the anime goes on its merry way straying from the manga with Dragon Ball GT. Then comes another problem where adaptation anime doesn't have that many episodes to flesh out the story in the source and had to go original ending or left hanging (eg. Record of Lodoss War, Gantz, Negima, Claymore, Soul Eater, and countless others). Then there's also a new problem where the anime stick relatively close to the source but the source itself is not very good writing-wise so the hype killed the anime even more story-quality-wise despite financial success (SAO anyone? or the ridiculously super-looooooong Detective Conan which becomes rather silly at this point). This particular "adaptation problem" in anime is already prevalent since the 90s. By now people should already know better than to expect every adaptation to be as stellar and faithful as Yu Yu Hakusho, FMA: Brotherhood, Hunter x Hunter, Kara no Kyoukai, or Fate/Zero because those are the exceptions to the rule. Even excellent adaptations like Cardcaptor Sakura, Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), Saint Seiya, Ranma and Inuyasha still have filler problems. So yeah, never get hyped for an adaptation coz chances are you'll be disappointed instead of pleasantly surprised (especially now that more and more anime series can only get one to three cour of episodes max. Heck three-cour is already rare at this point).
Old 2014-12-15, 10:11   Link #1700
Secori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
If you want to rank a show with that many glaring issues amongst your top, then all power to you I guess. The manga had its flaws but it's overall alright. The anime just went full ridiculous, even if you consider it a route B.
Fair enough. I am just one of those people that do not look for problems or issues in everything they watch/read. I rather not bother with such things given that we are reading/watching fictional stories.

Last edited by Secori; 2014-12-15 at 10:22.
Secori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gore, shounen, violence