AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-05, 13:17   Link #4201
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Honestly...I wouldn't hold a candle to that. If they have given you guys reasons to rant week after week, I don't believe it'll be this last week that they'll surprise us in the best way possible.
Makes me wonder if the showrunners possibly rewrote Ep 24 at the last minute due to the overwhelming criticism they have received in the last two months.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 13:22   Link #4202
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice_Rises View Post
Makes me wonder if the showrunners possibly rewrote Ep 24 at the last minute due to the overwhelming criticism they have received in the last two months.
i "dont call" overwhelming criticism when it's just aways a "loud minority", so far this serie is getting the "same" love hate others series normally get when try to do "something different".

in the end people like to exaggerate things
Old 2018-07-05, 13:44   Link #4203
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i "dont call" overwhelming criticism when it's just aways a "loud minority", so far this serie is getting the "same" love hate others series normally get when try to do "something different".

in the end people like to exaggerate things
I don't see "anything different" so far. Most of what I see is mediocrity all over the place, bad writing, homages and downright copying plot points of other better shows (not just mecha shows). It's the opposite of "something different". The anime even dropped the comedic sexual innuendos earlier in the show. That's arguably the only point of (somewhat) creativity that the show has (or had) beside maybe the artworks. For me, it's merely serviceable as a weekly entertainment. That's why I keep coming back.

Also, if you count the thousands of individuals who Liked or supported the YT videos that criticize the show, I don't think you can slap the "minority" label to any side since you don't even know the exact numbers of people who watch this show.

Also, anybody has the updated numbers of the sales?
Old 2018-07-06, 01:58   Link #4204
Homura7

Youtube live reviews are a waste of time IMO: Arrogant behavior, delirium of grandeur, talking out of the ass, presenting what is just an opinion as a fact, acting like hypocrites towards anyone who disagrees. Yes, this sums it up. For me, those retards aren't worth a minute of a valuable time I could spend better, doing more profitable stuff. Or do you think I should waste my time watching some guy make a mockery out of himself? NO.

As they say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure". I liked the show, I still like it. That is all that matters to me.

B-but you're wr... FUCK OFF. I don't give a damn about what the others may think, their opinions aren't more valid than mine.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 02:04   Link #4205
RDNexus

How so much I agree with you there
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 02:09   Link #4206
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
How so much I agree with you there
Great minds think alike.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 03:01   Link #4207
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Youtube live reviews are a waste of time IMO: Arrogant behavior, delirium of grandeur, talking out of the ass, presenting what is just an opinion as a fact, acting like hypocrites towards anyone who disagrees. Yes, this sums it up. For me, those retards aren't worth a minute of a valuable time I could spend better, doing more profitable stuff. Or do you think I should waste my time watching some guy make a mockery out of himself? NO.

As they say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure". I liked the show, I still like it. That is all that matters to me.

B-but you're wr... FUCK OFF. I don't give a damn about what the others may think, their opinions aren't more valid than mine.
Eh, it’s not like I use YT reviews as basis for my opinion either. I’m good enough to come up with my own thinking. The point of my previous post above is to simply show numbers to Blueknight who claimed which side is majority and which side is minority when it comes to people having problems with Franxx.

Also, being on one extreme or the other is not really a wise thing to do. Everything always has pluses & minuses. I wouldn’t take all YT reviews seriously but I won’t consider all of them trash either. It’s more of a case-by-case scenario. Not all of those video-reviews weigh in gold or diamond, but a number of them do have valid points (sometimes, even things that I never knew before).

And, by generalizing and rejecting all YT reviews that means you also reject and disagree with many videos that praise FranXX and said good things about it (eg. like Nearly-on-Red videos that many Franxx fans like to follow in this thread), not just the ones that criticize it.
Old 2018-07-06, 04:08   Link #4208
PhoenixRising

Preview is out now on the official Darling in the Franxx twitter and youtube.

Spoiler:

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 2018-07-06 at 04:37.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 06:03   Link #4209
EroKing

Can't wait for the finale.

Also,

Spoilers
Spoiler for Read me
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-07-06, 07:35   Link #4210
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The new tags have massive problems compared to the older ones.
For example, YT tags fail to load videos compared to youtube tags, and you have to load images tags twice before they could show all the images inside.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 09:21   Link #4211
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

I can only hope 02 does not eject Hiro before Apus blow up .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 09:43   Link #4212
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Preview is out now on the official Darling in the Franxx twitter and youtube.

Spoiler:
Looks like Kokoro is wearing the same outfit as ichigo in that leak.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 11:09   Link #4213
Jord
Banned

Spoiler for Preview:
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 11:40   Link #4214
Twi

This is out:
YouTube
Old 2018-07-06, 12:01   Link #4215
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And, by generalizing and rejecting all YT reviews that means you also reject and disagree with many videos that praise FranXX and said good things about it (eg. like Nearly-on-Red videos that many Franxx fans like to follow in this thread), not just the ones that criticize it.
Actually, Nearly on Red is pretty nuetral and objective in his episodes reviews. Hes clearly hated aspects of the show, like the Virm twist and has heavily criticized that. On the other hand, he seems to quite like the character interactions. People don't watch his videos for DinF praise, because theres little of that. Rather people watch his videos because its like watching a professional classroom on storytelling.

Overall, I'd say Nearly on Red has enjoyed the show but its certainly a flawed story. He has also made consistently accurate predictions for the show because of identifying the themes of the show and where they might go. For example, Zero Two becoming a giant mecha girl wasn't surprising to him. Also, He points out that combat has never been what the show is about and so wasn't surprised by the succinct nature of the battle in ep 23. It will be interesting to see what his overall impression of the series is once the shows over.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-07-06 at 12:12.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 12:20   Link #4216
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
This is out:
YouTube
wow that was exactly what i was trying to say aways "this is not a common mecha series" or to be "comparing with A or B series, never was about "insult any serie or something like that, it' was really because Darling never was really like most of them, as he told the combats and "mecha never was really the focus", the focus of the show aways was about "mankind" and nature and he pointed, all the "mecha side" was just a background, you could take away everything and the show still there.
Old 2018-07-06, 12:49   Link #4217
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Actually, Nearly on Red is pretty neutral and objective in his episodes reviews. Hes clearly hated aspects of the show, like the Virm twist and has heavily criticized that.
First, "objective" and "hate" don't really go well together. Hate shows bias that can screw up objectivity.

Second, my point is that Knighto will consider every YT review video as trash regardless of content, and I disagree with that. So, do you agree with Knighto or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
"mecha never was really the focus", the focus of the show aways was about "mankind" and nature and he pointed, all the "mecha side" was just a background, you could take away everything and the show still there.
You can use that argument for almost every mecha anime post-Mobile Suit Gundam that dealt with real battles and real sacrifices like deaths. We have Gundam-series itself, Macross, Eureka 7, Evangelion, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Fafner, Yamato, Nadesico, and seriously, do I need to continue? All of those series dealt with humanity and mankind at their cores (but with better execution). Franxx is not special or new at all in that regard.

Anyway, I've read the little preview, and it seems Franxx shows a little bit of sign that it will stick with Kokoro during her pregnancy and (hopefully) during her giving birth. I promise to give credit if the show does that, and I will keep my promise if the actual episode turns out just like that. Better late than never.
Old 2018-07-06, 13:33   Link #4218
wissenschaft

Your right, hated was probably the wrong word. Strongly disliked is better. He goes into detail why it was a bad idea story wise and then into how the show can still recover even with a poorly done virm twist. I guess its hard to explain how his videos are unless you watch them. They are much less fan reviews and much more of a critical analysis that feels like a classroom lecture.

"Second, my point is that Knighto will consider every YT review video as trash regardless of content"

I don't think thats what Knighto was saying.

"Anyway, I've read the little preview, and it seems Franxx shows a little bit of sign that it will stick with Kokoro during her pregnancy and (hopefully) during her giving birth. I promise to give credit if the show does that, and I will keep my promise if the actual episode turns out just like that. Better late than never."

I shall be looking forward to that. :P

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-07-06 at 13:45.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 13:51   Link #4219
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Your right, hated was probably the wrong word. Strongly disliked is better. He goes into detail why it was a bad idea story wise and then into how the show can still recover even with a poorly done virm twist. I guess its hard to explain how his videos are unless you watch them. They are much less fan reviews and much more of a critical analysis that feels like a classroom lecture.

"Second, my point is that Knighto will consider every YT review video as trash regardless of content"

I don't think thats what Knighto was saying.

"Anyway, I've read the little preview, and it seems Franxx shows a little bit of sign that it will stick with Kokoro during her pregnancy and (hopefully) during her giving birth. I promise to give credit if the show does that, and I will keep my promise if the actual episode turns out just like that. Better late than never."

I shall be looking forward to that. :P
honestly just give up in try to "discuss", some peoples are just pointless that is why i'm ignoring now, i get tired of wasting my time.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-07-06 at 15:35.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 14:20   Link #4220
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't see "anything different" so far.
Me, either. Golden Kamuy and Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko are far more unique than FRANXX.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote