AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-01-22, 14:54   Link #41
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

It was quite deep really.

Interesting they mentioned last week that they are originally designed "Warhead" to be the B-plot for this episode, but eventual decided to make them both separate. I think mostly to make this one as good as it is.
Old 2017-01-22, 16:53   Link #42
AntonKutovoi

Considering that Mandolorian Wars has been brought up in this episode, I wonder if Revan will be eventually mentioned as well.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 16:59   Link #43
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Mandalorian Wars have come up before during the Clone Wars arcs on Mandalore. Some old murals depicting the Jedi and Mandos in combat.

As for Reven. They had thought about doing that in the Clone Wars, but decided to use Darth Bane instead as a closer connection point.

Though all this "over a millennia ago" lore would seem to be the perfect place to set up some background material for a later Old Republic era style cartoon series (after Rebels is finish).
Old 2017-01-23, 22:35   Link #44
Chosen_Hero

As cool as it was to get some backstory on both Sabine and the Darksaber (a Mandalorian Jedi is one of the most badass things ever), I personally feel like they are making Sabine waaayyy too competent and are giving her too many things. I mean, she's a Mandalorian, she is adept with weapons, she can make weapons, she is a great pilot, she is given a jetpack (which I am fine with, a Mandalorian needs to have a jetpack), she comes from what is basically royalty, now she has the Darksaber, gets Mabdalorian bracelets (similar situation to the jetpack) and is meant to become the new leader of Mandalor/Deathwatch... the Jedi in the very same show feel more grounded than she does at this point, at least in my opinion.
Old 2017-01-23, 22:48   Link #45
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

One thing to remember though...Endor isn't for another six years or so, and Rogue One/A New Hope isn't for another two or so years. Mandalore is likely to be crushed if it goes full rebellion mode. She can gain a faction from Mandalore, even enough to make the rebel attack on Lothal work....but there is Thrawn out there....and Vader, and Tarkin, and the Emperor. The Rebels are not in a position to win anytime soon.
Old 2017-01-24, 10:36   Link #46
Tenzen12

I don't think Darksaber is that big deal outside of its symbolic meaning. It's not like she became Jedi and start deflect blasters and throw people with telekinesis (at least I hope it's not that case). As weapon it's handy, but that's about it.
Old 2017-01-25, 14:17   Link #47
Wandering Soul

Even if Sabine doe train become more adept with the Darksaber, I don't see her taking out any noteworthy sith or inquisitors by herself. It'll help against storm troopers and droids, but she shouldn't beating anyone significant one on one.
Old 2017-01-25, 14:30   Link #48
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Her training isn't to fight Sith or dark siders. It is to fight Mandaloreans who will challenge her right to leader them. The Darksaber is a symbol of power on among their people and more significate for some Houses than others. Sabine's role is to unite at least some of her people and bring them into the rebellion against the Empire.

The reason for training is that it can be as dangerous to the user as to the enemy, since the blade will cut about anything in all directions, as seen when it cut her own wrist armor when she fell on it.

The second reason for training is to get her into the correct frame of mind to do her task.
Old 2017-02-01, 20:07   Link #49
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

I dig Star Wars Rebels, there are so many subtle signs of growth and character significance! Really like how they've given Sabine this collision with responsibility and this makes her character compelling and the Mandalorians interesting to see!
Old 2017-02-25, 13:52   Link #50
AntonKutovoi

And... Kallus got busted. And Thrawn now going to show how to use an enemy spy properly.
Old 2017-02-25, 23:22   Link #51
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Thrawn is being the Thrawn I remember. Three steps ahead usually. Quick to figure out something is a random variable is added. Using art to identify someone that use that knowledge to figure out exact the thing that happened. Only real difference is that he is definitely shown to be physically able to take care of himself in combat.

I almost feel sorry for that lieutenant. Almost.
Old 2017-02-27, 14:11   Link #52
Tenzen12

I would bet he had all planets memorized and can say wich was deleted from it
Old 2017-02-27, 17:43   Link #53
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I would bet he had all planets memorized and can say wich was deleted from it
They wouldn't have spent thirty seconds showing him studying the map as soon as he walked into the room, otherwise. Phoenix Squadron's only hope is that Ezra had Chopper change the wrong planet since he still doesn't trust Kallus.

Heard a suggestion on Reddit that nearly everything in the episode was a ploy to give Thrawn more than an educated hunch that Kallus was Fulcrum. Everything from the cameos of failed Imperials from previous episodes (who just happened to walk past Kallus on the way in), to waiting until Kallus did something involving Lothal, to unnecessarily showing his "suspects" the map. Even the leak to the Rebels that Fulcrum was compromised was probably intentional, in order to set the whole thing in motion. Now, not only does he know that Kallus is a spy (which he hinted at in Kallus' presence back when it first came up a few episodes ago), but he was able to demonstrate it to someone who had trusted him for years.

5D chess... Brilliant...
Old 2017-03-01, 09:45   Link #54
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Dantooine.

We are going to Dantooine.
Old 2017-03-11, 14:47   Link #55
AntonKutovoi

And... Another filler.
Old 2017-03-11, 19:45   Link #56
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Probably the last bit of humor this season as the remaining episodes should be rather serious. Not sure if the Rebellion will even be able to attack Lothal in the end.

First you have the potental resolution of Maul's arc with Ezra and Kenobi. Then you have Thrawn's inevitible assault on the Phoenix squadron's base. Sure the Rebels are bound to escape it is a question of how much it will cost both sides.
Old 2017-03-18, 12:38   Link #57
AntonKutovoi

That was very anticlimatic. Although i laughed at the fact that Maul got cut vertically this time
Old 2017-03-18, 17:50   Link #58
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I would like to remind everyone that the episode has not technically aired yet, so spoilers are not appropriate.
Spoiler for "Twin Suns" spoilers:
Old 2017-03-25, 04:52   Link #59
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Nice finale to the season. Some expected stuff happens, as well as a few unexpected things. No "OMG!" hook for the next season like in previous seasons, but plenty of uncertainty all around. And most importantly, Thrawn was handled perfectly.
Spoiler for Zero Hour:

As before, mind the spoilers until the episode airs on TV, as not everyone has the ability to watch it early on the site or the app. Give it about six hours from now, as the episode first airs at 10am CDT.
Old 2017-03-25, 08:37   Link #60
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Where they go from here is unclear. Save of course to eventually the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One.