AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-30, 16:07   Link #661
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I wasn't even aware the discussion was going on still....but at any rate, about the idea of a new poll thread, it does seem like an interesting idea - it's not surprising that people rarely actually deepthink and remind themselves why they like the characters or aspects they do; -- it could still bring in some interesting discussion; helping people broaden their minds and look at things in a new way.

Kudos for speaking your mind 'this is miria', even if I'm not sure it will help any .
Old 2011-12-30, 16:13   Link #662
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Solace
So survivor is a "no" but you're considering another poll?
I was considering it, but the arguments against it have been quite convincing. The suggestion for the survivor thread is still not going to be approved, however.

Quote:
The truth is, Claymore is the most popular "old series" on this forum maybe except for Code Geass.
lol, not even close.

@this_is_miria:

Last edited by Solace; 2011-12-30 at 16:30.
Old 2011-12-30, 16:48   Link #663
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
I was considering it, but the arguments against it have been quite convincing.
Where are these arguments if I might ask? I wasn't aware their were recent arguments against a Claymore poll....hell, I wasn't aware their was ones for one in the first place - I sometimes feel we're arguing about topics that I don't even know how they started in the first place.
Old 2011-12-30, 16:54   Link #664
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I sometimes feel we're arguing about topics that I don't even know how they started in the first place.
Me too. It's such a strange feeling.
Old 2011-12-30, 17:03   Link #665
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Me too. It's such a strange feeling.
So...any links? because if the survivor topic is a no-go, a new poll thread does feels like a nice second and would still bring in interesting discussion about the various characters; it's not so much the polls themselves that matter, but the why since people have to explain why they feel the way they do, which would require some deep-thinking and probably make people re-analyze why they like the people they do in the first place (as I said, may make other people broaden their views a little).

It would interesting at least to see the pro/against points and what people said; you said, after all, that you were considering it, but recent points made you change your mind .
Old 2011-12-30, 17:20   Link #666
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Yeah but character polls are boring, right? Think of a poll idea that's creative. Best death? Silliest character? Best plot twist? Coolest hair? Coolest awakened design? Silliest? Which one would you date?
Old 2011-12-30, 17:26   Link #667
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Yeah but character polls are boring, right? Think of a poll idea that's creative. Best death? Silliest character? Best plot twist? Coolest hair? Coolest awakened design? Silliest? Which one would you date?
.....All I want, is the links for the arguments that supposedly made you change your mind about the character poll that Gooral was talking about; the poll that you' said you'd consider but then saw some new arguments that made you reconsider.

I'm not even gonna say anything myself on the subject today anyway, since I'm done with thread-creation stuff for the time-being (haven't posted much on the chapter today to be honest); this is more for curiosity sake then anything else *shrug.
Old 2011-12-30, 20:54   Link #668
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is to confirm that the Forum Staff will not approve the creation of any Game-type threads or extraneous/unneeded polls or "filler" threads in this or any other anime sub-forum. To be approved, a thread must offer significant potential for unique and/or insightful discussion or commentary that is not better served by any of the other existing threads in the sub-forum. Solace's decision to not approve these thread suggestions is consistent with the general moderation direction of the Forum, and consistent with our prior decisions in anime sub-forums.

I understand that some people have a goal of keeping the niche community here in this sub-forum alive and vibrant, and feel that the free creation of new threads is the best way to do that. However, I do not think the AnimeSuki Anime Sub-Forum structure is the best way to accomplish this goal, and I do not think we will change this structure or style to suit the unique needs of this particular show's community. Instead, I strongly recommend that the fans of this franchise try creating a Social Group. Social Groups are fan-created and fan-moderated areas that allow free-form thread creation and more open discussion within a fan community. I think that, with some hard work and collaborative effort, the fans here could create a vibrant community using that tool that would be much more effective at accomplishing the sorts of goals many seem to be aspiring towards. As I said, you should not expect the overall moderation philosophy of this website to change or deviate to suit this specific series' unique characteristics and needs. Though you may consider that regrettable, please understand that this is our decision.

Future announcements will be made in the not-too-distant future about changes that will be made to this and other sub-forums on the site, so please stay tuned for that.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please feel free to contact me or other members of the staff via PM. This thread should be used going forward only for new and unique requests that meet the aforementioned criteria. Other conversations may be deleted without further warning or notice.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:58   Link #669
Nixl

Yikes, I totally missed the the responses.

Anyways, even if it was not quite the end result I was hoping for, thank you both Solace and RelentlessFlame for the responses. While I understand your stances and law of the land...I had so many more picture comparisons for Tabitha and Deneve planned out. It would have been glorious...and ban worthy. So, maybe you made the right choice?

Although, the news that the subforums will face an inevitable change is somewhat daunting.

Quote:
Hmm,

As far as new polls Solace, I can only think of one. "Claymore's Most Wanted," or essentially a poll for claymores most reviled characters. Now, while that perhaps would allow me to post all those comparison pics that I planned for I make this suggestion with no hidden agenda.

Although, the date one would be funny. That or, "If a Character had a Theme Song" discussion.

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-01-05 at 02:17.
Closed Thread