AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 18:21   Link #1
NeoSam

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Its based on a seinen novel (a novel for young men)

http://www.hantsuki.com/

Starting in January 2006.

Its based on a novel thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) novel magazine Dengeki HP (other seinen novels from this magazine: Zettai Shounen, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful World -, Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu, Shinigami no Ballad, ...)
There are 6 volumes released of this seinen novel. the novel ended with a total of 6 volumes.

A manga based on the novel is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao! (other shounen manga from this magazine: Pita Ten, DearS, +Anima, Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo, Speed Grapher, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, ...)
For now there is 1 volume released of this manga, here's the cover of it:

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
In a winter when he was in the second grade of the high school, Yuichi was hospitalized because of hepatitis. Soon, he became so good as to be scolded by the nurse for going out of the hospital. One day, he happened to meet Rika, a girl of his age, in the next building. He was fascinated by her beauty, but she was very selfish girl. Although she led him by the nose, he began to be attracted by her. However, when Rika told him about her illness, he knew why she acted so selfish; she couldn’t live long.
Genre: Seinen, Drama, Romance.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-03-10 at 09:19.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 21:44   Link #2
evil-samurai

Really looking forward to this show looks like Its going to be fairly short, only 6 Episodes, I'm hoping that it will turn out good, well they have A Promo up, for anyone who whats to take a look.

Info:

Air's on: WOWOW
Company: Group TAC
Start/Time: Starts on 13th of January; Tuesday 12:30AM

The forum-hack sure was a Pain Neosam >.> well since I had time, I put the covers of the 5 Novels up

EDIT// Volume 6 Cover of the novel, which comes out next month (thx to Neosam for the info & Cover ^^)

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-02-05 at 05:49.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 17:28   Link #3
Cinos

SOunds cool, i'll check it out
Cinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 04:08   Link #4
NeoSam

Thanks evil-samurai for uploading the covers

If possible remove the spoiler, since the covers of the novel does not spoil anything.
Old 2006-01-02, 10:24   Link #5
froinlaven
Wanchu!

This one looks like one of those Korean soap operas where inevitably someone has a terminal illness and dies. My mom loves to watch those, even though they seem a bit generic to me. Anyway, I'll still watch it, because that girl is really cute!

EDIT: I just wrote up my first impressions + OP/ED.

Last edited by froinlaven; 2006-01-18 at 22:46.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 11:18   Link #6
eggplant
Eggplant

Just watched the first episode.

Spoiler for first impressions of Hantsuki:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 18:12   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 1

Takahashi Mikako is fantastic! Her serious/kawaii voice, so similar really to her voice as Ayu in Honey & Clover, just carries me away. I am totally there for this series.

The dorama-like illness/romance setup is far from a turn-off for me. It all depends on how they do it, and in this first episode they do it extremely well, with a nice touch, mixing comedy, warmth, seriousness and feeling. Seems like art to me. I guess I'll be reading some Akutagawa Ryunosuke now, as Rika does in the story.

Because of the character design and the little bit of tsundere aggression, Rika certainly makes you think a bit of Shana, but just a bit. She's both weaker and stronger. And this story appeals to me personally a lot more.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 20:42   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Including this series, I now have seen 6 different shows from 2006. I can now say I've found a good series from the year without any reservation. Here are some screencaps reduced in size who might want to see how the show/character looks..

Spoiler:

The following screen caps for the Shuffle-fans to bait them into watching this series..

Spoiler:

Btw, the first thing that struck me as the heroine appeared in the full view for the first time: Hey, that's Shana from Shakugan no Shana! Reasons for SnS-fans to watch this series.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 20:46   Link #9
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

ROTFL @ the boxcutter reference. XD

I myself am looking forward to this show, but I can't watch it since I don't know jack about Japanese. While I'm not the biggest fan of shows about terminal diseases, it reminds so much of a dorama (Sekai no chuushin de, Ai wo sakebu) that I loved that I want to see it myself. Hope it lives to my high expectations.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 01:53   Link #10
Alpha123

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Including this series, I now have seen 6 different shows from 2006. I can now say I've found a good series from the year without any reservation. Here are some screencaps reduced in size who might want to see how the show/character looks..

Spoiler:

The following screen caps for the Shuffle-fans to bait them into watching this series..

Spoiler:

Btw, the first thing that struck me as the heroine appeared in the full view for the first time: Hey, that's Shana from Shakugan no Shana! Reasons for SnS-fans to watch this series.
I'm a SnS fan and I actually did just pick up this title just because Rika looked a bit like Shana (especially the novel covers) and the fact that I'm a sucker for a good romance. Storyline looks solid and the character design is attractive to me as well, this has defiantly worked its way into my Thursday "must see" line up, fills the Shuffle hole quite nicely. The opening and ending musical scores are really good in my opinion as well, extra + there. Sucks that we have to wait a whole two weeks before we can see the next episode (stupid tennis matches lol).

BTW, that boxcutter analogy is hilarious.

Last edited by Alpha123; 2006-01-13 at 03:37.
Alpha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 02:01   Link #11
Sakuya
*Artist

I watched the first episode and it's pretty good. But if Yuuichi didn't confess to Rika, wouldn't that be a bit too fast? I guess it has to start somewhere in 6 episodes...

I also thought that the original novels was very creative in using the half moon element. In the anime, it's just as creative because I've never seen a picture of a half moon in any anime. It's pretty cool.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:03   Link #12
mangafanatic

I must say, I'm pretty psyched about this show. Ayu's seiyuu+what seems to be pretty good production values=promising. My only reservation is the brevity of the series.

Is anyone planning to fansub it at this point?
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:38   Link #13
Kensuke

Well, this site lists two groups that have planned subbing this.

After reading those reviews, I'm also looking forward for this series
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 21:48   Link #14
kron

ive always liked it since readying a bit of the novel. first ep was great. one of the few animes in this season that has good and consistent animation. both op and ed were awesome. kinda wish it were a longer series.
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 22:14   Link #15
Sakuya
*Artist

I seriously have to say that I love the opening theme song. It's just so good!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 11:50   Link #16
NeoSam

On 27/1/2006 there is going to be released a full color story called:
半分の月がのぼる空 one day
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora one day

Here is the cover:

The above is not volume 6 of the novel but only a full color 56 pages story

B6 wide seal
Price: 1,470 yen
Number of pages: 56
Full Color

Ahh also the first volume of the manga thats based on the seinen novel Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is going to get released on 27/2/2006 (I'll post the cover when its available), yes the first volume of this manga will be released on the same date as the third volume of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ manga

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!

The mangaka of the manga is: B.Tarou
Site of the mangaka: http://www.boreas.dti.ne.jp/~bbrs/
(If I'm not wrong the site is for two mangaka, one is B.Tarou and the other is B.Gorou)

Check B.Tarou's works (on his site here), many of them are just lolicious, like these: (NOT WORK SAFE or HOME SAFE, anyway its just not safe anywhere to view these following pic)

1st example
2nd example
3rd example

No, thats it, I'm not posting anymore, check the site of the mangaka for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I seriously have to say that I love the opening theme song. It's just so good!
Yeah I love it too
Old 2006-01-15, 12:34   Link #17
DaFool
Resident devil

I was half expecting them to steal a Nissan Silvia and go on a long-distance roadtrip to some remote Japanese island to look at the sunset. Sure got Narcissu (doujin visual novel) vibes right here.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:19   Link #18
Cinos

Crap! i forgot to check this out, gonna go look for it now
Cinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 19:15   Link #19
SlugZilla
woofles

Anyone who wanted to see Kira Yamato with Shinn Asuka's voice should watch this.

On a serious note, this could be one of the more decent shows.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 19:41   Link #20
Calca
Expressionless

Character designs remind me a lot of disgaea.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shounen