AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite FMP girl?
Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa (dub) 16 13.68%
Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa (sub) 31 26.50%
Kaname Chidori (dub) 11 9.40%
Kaname Chidori (sub) 51 43.59%
Melissa Mao (dub) 0 0%
Melissa Mao (sub) 6 5.13%
Other 2 1.71%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-09, 02:04   Link #21
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

heh, with me, I don't mind the dubs all that much, Each actor fits the tone of the character in my opinion, and by far, FMP is the best dubbed series I've seen
Old 2007-02-09, 05:53   Link #22
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Yep that my opnion I am entitled to one, IMO those dubbers should get real jobs . I have veiwed both and after seeing the orignal it was torture to watch dubs , maybe I associate the seiyu with resp characters .
Slapping the word "opinion" on it doesn't make it okay though.

I used to think the same way and I actually gave dubs a chance. People need to stop having a biased attitude against dubs.

Believe it or not, dubbers are needed too.
Old 2007-02-09, 21:00   Link #23
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I hate dubs but I dont expect you to hate them . And I never stated you shouldnt watch dubs ... But sorry I cant bring myself to love dubs . To me they are below par . Its my opnion there is absolutely no nesscity for you to follow it or abide by it .
Old 2007-02-12, 09:16   Link #24
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I probably don't watch as much anime as most people here do anymore, but from what I can gather, the voice matching between the dub and sub of Full Metal Panic is pretty close. Almost accurate. Almost. There were a few things out there like Tessa's sub voice sounded more childish.

Now I've seen both dubbed and subbed versions and because of the voice/attitude matching between both versions, it was a hard decision. I ended up with the dub Chidori. If I could choose, I'd choose both subbed and dubbed Chidori, but since I only had one choice... I guess it's because I've gotten comfortable to hearing things in english. I'm not completely sure.
Old 2007-02-14, 03:40   Link #25
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I hate dubs but I dont expect you to hate them . And I never stated you shouldnt watch dubs ...
No, but you did say that dubbers need to get real jobs. That's a bigger show of disrespect to the studios, their VAs, and their fans than just saying "don't watch dubs".

Its thanks to those subpar jokes that anime got as popular as it did in the west. Without them, we may not have even seen FMP subbed. They've done a great thing for the anime industry by popularizing it here. Show them some respect.
Old 2007-02-15, 07:38   Link #26
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
No, but you did say that dubbers need to get real jobs. That's a bigger show of disrespect to the studios, their VAs, and their fans than just saying "don't watch dubs".

Its thanks to those subpar jokes that anime got as popular as it did in the west. Without them, we may not have even seen FMP subbed. They've done a great thing for the anime industry by popularizing it here. Show them some respect.
That's what I was getting at when I said they were needed but you worded it so much better.
Old 2007-02-15, 11:56   Link #27
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I really didnt want to discuss this because its off topic , If you want to continue create a New thread in Genral Section or PM me

Quote:
Fansubbing started in 90s with VHS Tapes most of these mentioned companies never even exsisted till then .Dubbed Shows like Street Racer Robotech (80s ) introduced most of the Current Fansubbers to Anime And what great things ? increased merchandise prices , gotten richer by otaku exploitation and mainly killed a show ( One Peice ).

Do you know its these same companies delay Releases ( banning subs ) and fans have to pay more in Region 2 . And I never get one thing about these companies which do great things . Do they take us anime fans as retards ? Then why the pathetic literal translation ? or Renames ? . Do they doubts our intelligence so as to belive we cant learn 2,3 new Japanese words per show ? . Kids ... kids have more language skill then adults .

So why do these Companies without doing absolutely no Market research decide literal translations are best for us . Thanks to these companies I have to pay more for my Bleach FMA Naruto Merchandise .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-02-15 at 12:42.
Old 2007-02-19, 15:31   Link #28
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

Send a message via AIM to pothead21
ive seen both of the va, i like the subbed better...
Old 2007-06-01, 08:01   Link #29
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
I personally prefer the dub of a lot of things, I prefer the dub of FMP, Orphen, Evangelion but there are alot of bad dubs out there that cry for me to hit the audio button.

I like Chidori's dub the best.
Old 2007-06-01, 13:44   Link #30
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I'm sick of Chris Patten. Chris Patten=Spike Spencer of this era of anime. In bloody everything. Hillary Haag always does a good job if she's doing the right character(She didn't work for me in Chrono Crusade), vocally the same style as the seiyuu. So both work for me.Allison Keith's husky voice was more or less spot on for the character IMO. I can''t remember who the seiyu was for Mao but her voice was quite unusual, she did have a bitchy tone but it didn't seem right to me for what I imagined a battle hardened marine would sound like.

the Fumoffu dub is badly butchered though.

Ren Mikihara FTW
Old 2007-06-04, 12:50   Link #31
ArkhanTheBlack

I saw the dub and I'm a definite fan of Hilary Haag. She has the most beautifull voice from all english, japanese and german voice actresses I know. ( I'm even a member of her fan club. )
Though Tessa would be my favorite character even if Hilary Haag would not have been her english voice. I always had a crush for pretty girls with white hair and I just love her smart but also cute and needy character.
Though, if Hilary Haag would have been the dub of Kaname, it would have gotten difficult for me to decide ...
But I also like Kanames voice actress Lucy Christian. Together with Tiffany Grant, she's second on my list of favorite english voice actresses.
Although I voted for Tessa, I also like Kaname a lot. She can be really cute if she isn't in Sousuke bashing mood. Actually she's third on my list of favorite female anime characters after Tessa and Pirotess (from Lodoss) which share place 1 and 2.
Old 2009-05-26, 09:24   Link #32
Mokubu
Master of Universe

hahaha subs are owning dubs.
but seriously whats with all this arguing??? both options are out there, can't we just stick with what we personally like and skip the claiming of superiority???
Old 2009-06-16, 02:21   Link #33
User91411
Disabled By Request

Tessa was real good in the dub, but Kaname's dub voice annoys me, especially in TSR. Kaname's Japanese voice actor really got the emotional impact down, a prime example is TSR Episode 9. Subbed Kaname has my vote.

I don't like to compare subs and dubs though, both have their advantages and both have their disadvantages. It's just me though.
Closed Thread