AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 18:02   Link #1
stellarroze

Smile Ochitekita Ryuuou to Horobiyuku Majo no Kuni [Light Novel]

Author: Maisaka Kou
Illustrator: Youta

Quote:
This is a world of neverending war. A world where witches are shunned and pursued by humans, which is about to be overthrown. One day a man fell. Through the ceiling of a bathhouse -- in front of the "Witch of the Black Forest" Harrigan. "Wh-wh-what are you doing you bastard!?" "Breasts! And they're huge!" -- Suddenly a man from another world appeared in the Witch's land which was waiting to be destroyed -- "H-hey, s-stop, t-touching up my breasts like that!" "Big, big, big breasts!" -- the man dressed in a strange outfit has the name "Dragon King" and has lost his memories -- "A ma-man is touching Ane-sama's b-b-!?" "Calm down Yuuki!" -- so "war ability" and "magic" meets and the gears of destiny will start to turn! Here the curtain will be raised on the glamorous dance of unparalleled wars!
Apparently a manga is coming out this year~

Last edited by stellarroze; 2013-03-10 at 02:12.
stellarroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:36   Link #2
blackwhite67
Banned

Interesting. Clearly a harem, but I'm gonna need to seem some cool MC character before I pass judgement.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:59   Link #3
tiatiu

this is novel or manga?
tiatiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:03   Link #4
n0m@n
C-Z

Yup. I also follow this Light Novel as well. Actually you can probably tell if you just look at my signature.
There are currently 2 Volumes, and the 3rd volume is coming out this month(Which I have already preordered).

The MC is cool since he is Oda Nobunaga who lost his memory and came to a different world where human fights witches.
I would put this in the same genre as Madan no Ou, so its not just an ordinary harem series you would expect from MF Bunko.

This series is one of the recommended LN from MF Bunko which started last year along with Absolute Duo and Koakuma.
Old 2013-03-08, 19:48   Link #5
blade82

is it your next project?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 20:02   Link #6
blaspot
\o/

Reminds me of hagure yusha
blaspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 20:54   Link #7
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarroze View Post
Apparently a manga is coming out this year~
Apparently it's the next Flapper issue as well. Going to be drawn by Muramatsu Mayu.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 21:18   Link #8
HauntingShock

Tried googling it. Gave me "Ochitekita Naga to Horobiyuku Majo no Kuni".
Did you just forgot "Naga"?
HauntingShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 00:47   Link #9
stellarroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatiu View Post
this is novel or manga?
It's a novel, but it's getting a manga adaptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
is it your next project?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntingShock View Post
Tried googling it. Gave me "Ochitekita Naga to Horobiyuku Majo no Kuni".
Did you just forgot "Naga"?
Naga is written in furigana so I didn't include it.
Old 2013-03-10, 02:08   Link #10
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

If you don't add "Naga", I think you should add "Ryuuou" at least.
Only "Ochitekita" and skip to "to Horobiyuku" is a bit -- ermm... it's total incompleted, the title's real meaning has been cut off.

That's my thought.
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:13   Link #11
stellarroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevotionFX View Post
If you don't add "Naga", I think you should add "Ryuuou" at least.
Only "Ochitekita" and skip to "to Horobiyuku" is a bit -- ermm... it's total incompleted, the title's real meaning has been cut off.

That's my thought.
I missed it Thanks!
Old 2013-03-10, 02:30   Link #12
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Yup. I also follow this Light Novel as well. Actually you can probably tell if you just look at my signature.
There are currently 2 Volumes, and the 3rd volume is coming out this month(Which I have already preordered).

The MC is cool since he is Oda Nobunaga who lost his memory and came to a different world where human fights witches.
I would put this in the same genre as Madan no Ou, so its not just an ordinary harem series you would expect from MF Bunko.

This series is one of the recommended LN from MF Bunko which started last year along with Absolute Duo and Koakuma.
From what I've seen on some blogs and review sites, the same people who read Vanadis are also reading this series and are just as pleased with it. I'm intrigued myself, but I'm thinking of buying this once up to 6 volumes or so are out. There's just something about reading only up to 2, 3 volumes and then dying of impatience for the next volumes to be out that kind of turns me off a bit.

I'm honestly quite surprised that MF Bunko is able to put out titles like Vanadis and Naga, as the general consensus seems to be that MF Bunko's usual stuff consist mostly of cliched harem titles.

EDIT: No wonder! The author is the same one behind Gabriela Senki. Go figure! Definitely on my must-read list now.
Old 2013-03-21, 22:39   Link #13
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

So the third volume is already available for purchase (I'm genuinely surprised that MF Bunko J's 3/25 titles are released early, like 2 days ago or so). Out of curiosity, once people have finished reading it: given that there are three volumes already out, any thoughts on this series as a whole? Like, how promising it is, and where it might go from here?
Old 2013-03-30, 02:02   Link #14
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
So the third volume is already available for purchase (I'm genuinely surprised that MF Bunko J's 3/25 titles are released early, like 2 days ago or so). Out of curiosity, once people have finished reading it: given that there are three volumes already out, any thoughts on this series as a whole? Like, how promising it is, and where it might go from here?
Read it, and loved it.
The war in this volume wasn't big as the previous 2 volumes, but this time, instead of protecting themselves from the army of humans, the witches strikes instead. They took one of the fortress where there was 300 people without killing a single of them.
Naga and the Witch tribes he fought alongside in the previous 2 volumes made an alliance with another witch tribe in order to do this. Anyway, Naga wants to make the world where human and witches can coexists. And one of the humans actually joined Naga and became his subordinates. This guy has been appearing since volume 1, and he survived all the battles. In other words a veteran.
Volume 4 will be appearing in August at earliest.
Old 2013-03-30, 02:21   Link #15
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Fortress battles? No fatalities, even? Consider me reeled in hook, line and sinker. Sounds like it is just as tactics and strategy-intensive as Gabriela Senki, and that's a very good thing. Another great title to add to my list to read!

Out of curiosity, how are the military strategies and conflicts portrayed in this series as compared to, say, Vanadis? How do they compare in scope and depth? Given that you've read both, I'm kind of curious as to what you think as to how these two series compare in that regard. And how are the characters in this one?

Also, much thanks for having answered my previous inquiry! Seems that this series is turning out awesome, even blog reviews are pretty thrilled about this.
Old 2013-03-30, 07:59   Link #16
n0m@n
C-Z

I would say Vanadis is better.
In terms of battle strategy, this series seems to focus it to every details. But that actually takes a lot of pages so the the progress of the story is quite slow. So people who hates slow pace story would hate it. Personally Im fine with it.
The cool thing is that in Volume 2, they actually use illustration to show the formation of the army many times. Volume 1 basically couldn't finish the whole battle, so it continued to Volume 2 after all.
Though comparing it with other light novels, its much decent.
Lately I'm into these War type LN. Im also into a fantasy LN, but most Japanese writers tend to follow other peoples genre and it become repetitive.
Old 2013-03-30, 08:24   Link #17
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Fascinating! In Gabriela Senki, it often had illustrations of the siege machines, formations, and such that were used in the volume near the end of the book; I'm surprised and genuinely, honestly pleased that the author's carrying over that quirk into this new series of his. I also love it when the author sticks to details; I don't find myself bothered with it as long as it adds to the immersion, with regards to both tension and mood. I love it when a story builds itself up with focus on details, it makes the story more engaging to read and easier to imagine.

Knowing MF Bunko J though, this is bound to have some harem antics as comic relief...does it detract from the main story (like it does with Vanadis)? Are those comic harem moments abundant or few?

My apologies for my slew of questions, especially if they're getting bothersome, but I am rather intrigued by this series.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-03-30 at 08:43.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 20:44   Link #18
n0m@n
C-Z

Its still hard to say about the romance. There is ecchi scenes and ecchi illustrations. But it hasnt developed to the point where the female cast has romantic feeling towards Naga.
Though, lots of the names appears and it gets annoying to remember all of them. More than dozen of the witches had their name revealed, and sometimes you would go "which one was that again?". Btw, the illustration of volume 3 is really naughty. Dont read it where people can see it.... I embarrassed myself while reading it inside the train.
Old 2013-03-30, 22:32   Link #19
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I see. Thanks for answering again, I really appreciate these valuable inputs! Seems like the cast is just as big as Gabriela Senki's female roster. Or it might even be bigger, seeing as this is just 3 volumes in.

Good old MF Bunko J is at it again, I see. Yeah, I saw one of the colored illustrations for vol. 3 (the big one). I see what you mean. That's definitely something not to be seen in public...silly MF Bunko J, making 戦記 light novels so hard to read with illustrations like that. First Vanadis, now this...
Old 2013-04-05, 04:56   Link #20
n0m@n
C-Z

Oh nice. It has its own site now.
http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/ryuou/

Tags
another world, fantasy, harem, strategy