AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-28, 14:21   Link #30041
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And up goes part 5, and the moment everyone's been waiting for!

Window of Opportunity 1
Window of Opportunity 2
Window of Opportunity 3
Window of Opportunity 4

Spoiler for Window of Opportunity 5:
Oh, come on, while funny, that was almost a straight up copy of the episode, scene for scene.

At least put a Segway chase in here somewhere.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 15:34   Link #30042
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

Window of Opportunity 1
Window of Opportunity 2
Window of Opportunity 3
Window of Opportunity 4

So if there's that bubble thing, does that mean that all the planets outside the bubble experience normal time? That means if they spend a real long time in the loop, then they'll find themselves in a universe many years later.

But yeah, it's one thing to take a plot from somewhere, but it's another to just sub in different names. Some of the stuff feels out of character as a result. It would be better if you did whatever you wanted with it, and play with what these characters would do in the same situation.
Old 2011-03-28, 15:36   Link #30043
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Couldn't do much with that particular stretch, and hell, I've had to alter and omit entire things before this. With a little luck the next set of events will be more original--some scenes are better viewed, and others better off written.

EDIT: I'll see what I can do to update the chapter and make it better, but suggestions for that are always welcome.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2011-03-28 at 16:36.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 17:06   Link #30044
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:

Window of Opportunity 1
Window of Opportunity 2
Window of Opportunity 3
Window of Opportunity 4

And here comes the best part - I can't wait to see what new antics you'll come up with for the duo. :D

Spoiler for Minor correction:
Old 2011-03-28, 18:03   Link #30045
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Couldn't do much with that particular stretch, and hell, I've had to alter and omit entire things before this. With a little luck the next set of events will be more original--some scenes are better viewed, and others better off written.

EDIT: I'll see what I can do to update the chapter and make it better, but suggestions for that are always welcome.
I honestly find it hilarious the way it is; but then again, I've never seen the episode the story is based off of, so maybe I shouldn't comment on it.
Old 2011-03-28, 22:20   Link #30046
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I don't care that I'm supposed to be asleep at the moment, but this was awesome!!! I love how you're giving Vivio her own adventures on the side while Lutecia's drama in the Shadowverse is playing out .

I liked the comparisons between what the librarians are doing and what field agents do--definitely, the magic use is the same, even if the spells are different. What a great way to show that the "support staff" genuinely kicks ass too in their own way! (Unless they're Vivio, in which case she can kick ass both ways )

Vivio's fight with Lutecia making her irritable is great--we see so much good and perfect Vivio in fanfiction, it's nice to see her flawed and snappy for a change . And the idea of Vivio having higher clearance than Lutecia made me giggle . It goes to show that knocking heads in in the field would probably get you information only on a "need to know" basis, while the thinkers would likely get access to more.

LOOOOOOOOL . And AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The Librarians supporting the Enforcers on rush jobs like this (mimicking a race-against-time mission that we normally see in media) is a great way of making grubbing through books exciting, and also to show how essential these guys really are. Excellent as always, Dezo!

I swear, I hit the end of the fic and I thought that it was Chapter 1 of many. Truly. *coughcoughhinthint*
Thank you very much! Though, seriously, if I was going to make this anything more than a one-shot, I'd have to develop the Enforcer team, and the Jewel of Seven Stars, and the motivations of the person who's using it, and have our library staff be racing against time, and have Lutecia and Vivio's fight be obliquely related (which is actually something I'd prefer not to do--it seems too silly for me that they'd have a fight over a classified job and it would suddenly turn out by complete coincidence that Vivio was involved in doing research concerning that job), and then it'd be Stahlkönigin all over again! Which I so do not have time for, and so you wouldn't be getting any chapters at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Worth a shot, eh, Vivio? *comment on omake*

Needless to say, this whole thing left a grin on my face. I was always wondering if you would continue on with the whole Magical Librarian!Vivio aspect of the 'verse since you first posted a story about it awhile back, and this was decidedly awesome since we got to see just how the Library operates deep inside; not all that different from a field agent, really, even when they're using that power for different reasons.

I am also now tempted to write a follow-up with Lutecia's side of the whole conflict, if only because it would be a lot of fun to write and you know Victor would get a kick out of seeing the usually calm, reserved Lutecia snappy and irritated. It's a very nice touch, though; it shows that even with the whole drama of the main storyline settled (what with Vivio being nineteen here), there's still occasional bumps and bruises along the way.
Well, as we discussed by VM, go for it!

Quote:
I like, and it is awesome. I hope for more installments for this side of the 'verse!
Yeah, it's fun to write these kind of fics, because (among other things) it helps to contrast Vivio's more lighthearted and "normal" existence against Lutecia's and therefore helps anchor that it's not that the universe suddenly got all grimdark, just that there's a single agency as part of it that deals with that sort of stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
*comes out of an underground hole*

Hmmm..... very very interesting short we have here! I really liked it and I'm interested in seeing how Vivio will access the Nexus and find the Book of the Dark Kings with her Godly (literally) clearance Also, I'd like to see this fight between Lulu and Vi developed.

I shall look forward to the next chapter *hinthintcoughcough*

*digs a hole back in the ground and disappears*
Wait, was there a hole here a minute ago? Seriously, this is just a one-shot (like I said above, there's nothing epic about looking up books unless there's an external scene/plot to play it out against and establish the requisite level of drama and...I'm not going there.) But feel free to mercilessly nag RadiantBeam to get her to write about Lutecia and Vivio's fight!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 23:01   Link #30047
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
But feel free to mercilessly nag RadiantBeam to get her to write about Lutecia and Vivio's fight!
You're only encouraging the bunnies!
Old 2011-03-28, 23:14   Link #30048
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I'd rather nag her to write some Miyuki/Yuuno, if that's okay with you
Old 2011-03-29, 00:00   Link #30049
Nitramy
Umbrella that Smites Evil

Location: The home of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, Antipolo City, Philippines
Send a message via AIM to Nitramy Send a message via Yahoo to Nitramy
I kind of prefer Vita/Yuuno myself, sometime after the events of A's.

Hayate and the Knights go to Uminari for some celebration, drinks were had, fun was made, and in the morning a ferret boy and fiery redhead wake up in bed together...
Old 2011-03-29, 00:02   Link #30050
Justin_Brett

There was that dude rewriting the first season with Vita instead of Nanoha, you could ask him.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 00:35   Link #30051
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Thank you very much! Though, seriously, if I was going to make this anything more than a one-shot, I'd have to develop the Enforcer team, and the Jewel of Seven Stars, and the motivations of the person who's using it, and have our library staff be racing against time, and have Lutecia and Vivio's fight be obliquely related (which is actually something I'd prefer not to do--it seems too silly for me that they'd have a fight over a classified job and it would suddenly turn out by complete coincidence that Vivio was involved in doing research concerning that job), and then it'd be Stahlkönigin all over again! Which I so do not have time for, and so you wouldn't be getting any chapters at all!
Understandable, I'll let you off the hook for this fic!

............Note. I said this fic . I still want more Magical Librarian Vivio!

Quote:
Yeah, it's fun to write these kind of fics, because (among other things) it helps to contrast Vivio's more lighthearted and "normal" existence against Lutecia's and therefore helps anchor that it's not that the universe suddenly got all grimdark, just that there's a single agency as part of it that deals with that sort of stuff...
Plus, it's nice to see that Vivio does have a job that could require lots of her time, energy and attention as well, which makes her a more well balanced character (er, this is meta-story--of course, all that is implied in Shadowverse, but since readers don't see it as much in the Lutecia/Shadow-centric fics, it's nice to see it here!) And also, who can resist a fic making nerdy smart people awesome and interesting?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 10:41   Link #30052
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:

Window of Opportunity 1
Window of Opportunity 2
Window of Opportunity 3
Window of Opportunity 4

Lololol. It's hilarious. Seeing Teana going crazy is priceless.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 11:33   Link #30053
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I'm half expecting something like this...

Spoiler for This...:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 12:10   Link #30054
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'd rather nag her to write some Miyuki/Yuuno, if that's okay with you
I do have that one idea, but unfortunately.... It was a pairing I kind of just threw in as a mention because I like it, and I never stopped to really think about how they would interact.
Old 2011-03-29, 12:51   Link #30055
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Part 3 of Window of Opportunity is up on FF.net now. The latest part may be late today on account of me being lazy and weirded out.
Old 2011-03-29, 13:00   Link #30056
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
I do have that one idea, but unfortunately.... It was a pairing I kind of just threw in as a mention because I like it, and I never stopped to really think about how they would interact.
Excuses, excuses
Old 2011-03-29, 13:10   Link #30057
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Excuses, excuses
It's the honest truth. Not to mention, I have no clue how to write Yuuno romantically. He's a difficult character in that way.
Old 2011-03-29, 13:15   Link #30058
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably because he's often romantically snubbed, so to speak.
Old 2011-03-29, 13:19   Link #30059
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
It's the honest truth. Not to mention, I have no clue how to write Yuuno romantically. He's a difficult character in that way.
Really? I've never had a particular problem in that area. Then again I've been accused for writing him out of character so maybe not =/

If I were to do Miyuki/Yuuno, I'd probably have Miyuki being the proactive one, taking him out to places and such.
Old 2011-03-29, 13:22   Link #30060
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Really? I've never had a particular problem in that area. Then again I've been accused for writing him out of character so maybe not =/

If I were to do Miyuki/Yuuno, I'd probably have Miyuki being the proactive one, taking him out to places and such.
Well, I definitely imagine Miyuki being the more active one, given her personality and the fact that the age difference might make Yuuno a bit more hesitant to try anything with her. But beyond that I really have nothing else, except for the idea of Nanoha finding out. And even then, that's more of a Nanoha/Miyuki interaction piece with Yuuno only being mentioned.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha