AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-11, 00:02   Link #1561
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The staff blog has it's little "highlights of episode 24" preview up now.
Spoiler for staff blog preview of ep24:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-11 at 01:18.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 00:14   Link #1562
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for episode 24:
Yappari, ne?
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 00:22   Link #1563
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Yappari, ne?
Indeed.
Spoiler for not really a spoiler for 24, but just in case:
EDIT: In her "scrapbook," AS now has a drawing of Aaeru after she freed the Simoun from the grip of the Shoukoku soldier. She says she was listening to Soul Flower while she was doing it (posted today, Japan time), and the drawing came out scarier than she expected:
http://diary.cgiboy.com/guremoka/index.cgi#10
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-11 at 00:35.
Old 2006-09-11, 00:30   Link #1564
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Spoiler for episodes 23 and 24:
Old 2006-09-11, 02:38   Link #1565
Doyen
Addicted to anime.

Quote:
There's discussion on 2channel about whether this is correct, whether there is one straight and one curved wing, etc. Some people think that males keep the straight side and females the curved. There is a photo showing some examples.
I'd say both wings are the same. The examples shown are probably just off model or skewed by perspective.
Doyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 05:12   Link #1566
m000m000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
There was a rumour floating around a month or so ago that one of the major licensing companies was planning to acquire either Simoun or Marimite in the near term. Given that choice, I'd suspect that they'd wind up with Marimite, but Simoun might draw in an audience that might not go for Marimite....
Actually, While Marimite currently is way more known in fan-cricles, I'd say Simoun has a far, far wider appeal as far as audience goes. The setting employed by characterisation process just makes the whole thing more easily approachable in this case. That, and it's far easier to write an interesting synopsis of the later than the former .

And by extension of that, by the end of the day, it's always easier to sell "Drama with GIRLS KISSING and FIGHTING evil with a setting like LAST EXILE" than "So, there's these girls in this school... and they talk a lot... and get wound up a lot.... and cry over silly things you don't usually cry over. But really, hey, it's kind of awsome. Honest!" .

Quote:
The staff blog has it's little "highlights of episode 24" preview up now.
Spoiler for staff blog preview of ep24:
Damnit, I demand my fix right now!

Spoiler for episodes 23 and 24:

Last edited by m000m000; 2006-09-11 at 05:31.
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 10:42   Link #1567
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000
Actually, While Marimite currently is way more known in fan-cricles, I'd say Simoun has a far, far wider appeal as far as audience goes. The setting employed by characterisation process just makes the whole thing more easily approachable in this case. That, and it's far easier to write an interesting synopsis of the later than the former .

And by extension of that, by the end of the day, it's always easier to sell "Drama with GIRLS KISSING and FIGHTING evil with a setting like LAST EXILE" than "So, there's these girls in this school... and they talk a lot... and get wound up a lot.... and cry over silly things you don't usually cry over. But really, hey, it's kind of awsome. Honest!" .
Seconded. Mari-mite is probably not very marketable in the U.S. The guys will get bored, and the girls will be like: "Wait, they don't like each other like that, do they? " and drop it to go watch Gravitation instead.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 11:48   Link #1568
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
w00t, Rasuto Eguzairu STYLE anime with dog-fighting aerial battle and stuff, wohhooooooo *squeezeeee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome

well, it takes time to understand and accept the whole simoun stuffs.
actually I almost gave up on ep 3.
may be the series is lack of something cool in the first episodes that might attract some guys that hope for yuri or coolness~~
I've just picked up the series today so I read wikipedia to check out first so it is not that confused to me when watching...too bad not many knowledgeable fansubber want to sub this (anime-kraze did a very nice sub+full explaination of tech/lingo(the whole chess thingy,etc) of Last Exile anime)

/edit

btw it is impossible for me so far to distingish who is male and who is female at 18~40 ages) O,o, they look all the same, lol,
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 12:13   Link #1569
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
I've just picked up the series today so I read wikipedia to check out first so it is not that confused to me when watching...too bad not many knowledgeable fansubber want to sub this (anime-kraze did a very nice sub+full explaination of tech/lingo(the whole chess thingy,etc) of Last Exile anime)
It's interesting that you mention that -- we're putting the finishing touches on our version of episode 1 right now, and it will include exactly the sort of supplementary notes and technical explanations that you mention.
Old 2006-09-11, 12:23   Link #1570
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/3567999.htm

I hope for the best!

Spoiler:
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 12:50   Link #1571
Mizkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
Spoiler:
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 12:53   Link #1572
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
So, should we call her...
Spoiler for episode 24:
Old 2006-09-11, 13:06   Link #1573
metronome
Mad Loli

hmm....
the screencaps doesnt tell me anything~~ need to watch it directly to get the gist of it.

waiting for raw now~~
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 13:08   Link #1574
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizkyu
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 13:15   Link #1575
Mizkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 13:19   Link #1576
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-11, 13:35   Link #1577
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyen
I'd say both wings are the same. The examples shown are probably just off model or skewed by perspective.
I'd have agreed with you, except that I watched a couple of early eps last night and can vouch for the fact that the sides are different. The difference is slight in certain views, but it's definitely there. I never noticed it before.

Thanks to Ichikyo for the link to the caps. For the first time, I went ahead and spoiled myself with them. How can so much happen in 24 minutes? Looks wonderful
Spoiler for a few screencaps from ep24, minor spoilers suggesting possible pairings:
Wallpaper from Beat Magazine (Megami-style version of Simoun).

EDIT: raw entered Japanese cyberspace around 2:30 US Eastern time.
Old 2006-09-11, 13:49   Link #1578
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
EDIT: raw entered Japanese cyberspace around 2:30 US Eastern time.
Tempus Spatium, grant me patience. And do it RIGHT NOW!
Old 2006-09-11, 15:30   Link #1579
JiCi

Let's just hope Starks can get the RAW and post it on time.
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 15:32   Link #1580
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi
Let's just hope Starks can get the RAW and post it on time.
Yep, just let him his precious Job
Good Luck Starks

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri