AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2019-04-18, 09:38   Link #301
Reuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I am talking about all of the seasons, not just this one. There has been a pattern from the very beginning of him pulling this and it's annoying and one of the reasons many dislike her character. Also, the EDs with Index posing in front of generic screensavers where highly unnecessary when they could have used that time to either show a bit more of the episodes or to make them be relevant to what was happening in the season or arc (as in get creative with it).

Really, no amount of pacing? How about just adapting up until the war declaration after British Halloween and then leave WW3 as it's own separate cour? As much as I would like to see NT being adapted, there was literally no need to rush to have WW3 THIS season (something many of you wanted to happen with unrealistic expectations and now that you got your wish you complain).

That would only work ONCE, in the first season. The fact that he kept repeating this for every season after instead of learning SOMETHING from it says a lot about how much thought he truly put into it.

Kuroageha, YES I watched the anime (all seasons even Railgun) and have read the LNs, kind of why I can and am making these complaints (which is more than can be said for others) and take into account that I was one of the people that didn't entirely hate the season (doesn't mean I am blind to very obvious the problems the series has had since the beginning and I don't care if you or anyone else don't like what I have to say).
Are you really going to say that when Index 3 cut most of the OP and ED's though? They did it exactly to show more of the episodes.

It also worked for the second season really assuming they did the same, but theres no telling if that's what they did there since within context that line only really refers to season 1

As for what you suggested you do know that's something they wanted to do right? They had to either do three things(If I recall, finish OT, reboot OT for god knows what reason or start NT), none of which is what they really wanted and they originally had to do so with 24 episodes and tried to beg for more because they decided to finish OT because thats what people wanted.

They literally could not get more episodes than the two given, that's all production committee not them.
Reuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 10:28   Link #302
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

I like how you're all arguing about the semantics of how the seasons were organised in what's a very obvious show of pure incompetence in terms of production.

The bottom line, at the end of the day, is the following: they rushed Index III into the ground in order to adapt New Testament (considering how its sales are dropping by the volume), except now they're realising that if people don't buy the DVD/BDs and it performs poorly, then they're not getting their NT material anyway and they're basically run a series into the ground for nothing.

And it shouldn't be surprising given that, even if you remove the adaptation aspect, of which I never truly cared for (I'm a firm believer that a good anime isn't necessarily a good adaptation of its source material), this was just terrible altogether to watch all in terms of animation, pacing, organisation, plot comprehension, and entertainment... You people talk about cutting out OPs and EDs to show more of the episodes but that's ludicrous. The basis of competent storytelling is to be able to tell your story within your allocated timeframe and not have to scrape by a minute here and a minute there.

I'll have to agree on the whole "you wanted it and now you complain you got it" aspect of it, Chosen_Hero. Though none of you are strangers to my typical "I told you this would happen", anyway.
Old 2019-04-18, 10:36   Link #303
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Chosen Hero
Be aware your very post makes it seem Index had extra original scenes when in fact to the end she got her scenes cut, one would expect you to be happy about it but looks like you wanted her to be entirely removed from the anime while barely having ED that are just static images on slideshow
I don't understand what you want.

Also you are ignoring the fact that the editor wanted to end ALL of OT to be done with to jump to New Testament, and that's no new info, it's been known since way before the anime aired. The higher ups just don't care.
It wasn't just a trainwreck that happened halfway the season, it had a big flag warning about it since day 0 before it started running.
Old 2019-04-21, 02:10   Link #304
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Marcus H was right; Index III was a monkey paw's wish come true. I'll confess that I stopped watching at Episode 4 when all my hopes for the series flowed right into the gutter. But the writing was on the walls from Episode 1 and even during the lead up to the premiere.

All of Index III's troubles come down to this: gross-mismanagement at all levels of the production. Not specifically a budget issue like some might say.

TL;DR…
I hate everyone
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by OH&S; 2019-04-21 at 03:13.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-21, 02:27   Link #305
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think we can say that the mobile MMO is the best adaptation of the third season coverage so far.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-21, 03:31   Link #306
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think we can say that the mobile MMO is the best adaptation of the third season coverage so far.
Why is that? I don't know much of that Mobile MMO...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-21, 21:11   Link #307
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Marcus H was right; Index III was a monkey paw's wish come true. I'll confess that I stopped watching at Episode 4 when all my hopes for the series flowed right into the gutter. But the writing was on the walls from Episode 1 and even during the lead up to the premiere.

All of Index III's troubles come down to this: gross-mismanagement at all levels of the production. Not specifically a budget issue like some might say.

TL;DR…
I hate everyone
Lol this seems accurate on pretty much every level.

I hope that someday somehow we can get a remake of season 3 (and a season 4?).

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-21, 22:47   Link #308
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol this seems accurate on pretty much every level.

I hope that someday somehow we can get a remake of season 3 (and a season 4?).
Like buying the rights of the franchise from Dengeki?
Old 2019-06-21, 22:38   Link #309
Ichinotachi

New Accel pv, already looking better than Index S3.

https://twitter.com/toaru_project/st...66091109883905
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 02:45   Link #310
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
How embarrassing. I don't think I can ever forgive Project Index and Nishikiori.

Good for Accel though.
Old 2019-06-25, 19:25   Link #311
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
^
How embarrassing. I don't think I can ever forgive Project Index and Nishikiori.

Good for Accel though.
Apparently it seems Accel anime might be 12 episodes? This is probably a good thing. Can focus more resources on fewer episodes and potential for more seasons if it’s good sooner.

The recent pv’s both looked fantastic. I’m very glad they seem to be putting a ton of effort into this.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-30, 03:44   Link #312
itine
No Book No Live

YouTube
Spoiler for Accelerator Episode 1 first screening at Toho Shinjuku Cinema Screen 7, Screen 1 was Spiderman Far From Home:

TL;DR…
First Impression (Commentary) in Japanese

Last edited by itine; 2019-06-30 at 04:07.
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 07:57   Link #313
BWTraveller
Born to ship

First ep is out on CR, where's the discussion page for the series?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-24, 00:58   Link #314
itine
No Book No Live

NEWSな 2人 interview with JCStaff animation production site

YouTube
Old 2019-10-06, 08:07   Link #315
itine
No Book No Live

Surprisingly We got nothing on Fall Fes 2019
only
https://twitter.com/KAMACHI_KA/statu...97010594525185
Old 2019-10-27, 06:43   Link #316
itine
No Book No Live

Kamachi interview:

Kamachi outright states that it was the producers who insisted they cram the rest of the Old Testament (9 volumes of LN) into 26 Episodes.

Yeah, that sucks

Last edited by itine; 2019-10-27 at 07:08.
Old 2019-10-27, 07:39   Link #317
RDNexus

Maybe those producers thought Index didn't have the same conditions or chances of success as SAO to garantee a more extensive adaptation...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-27, 13:58   Link #318
Frontier

Wasn't his own production company involved in getting Index III off the ground to begin with?