AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-24, 21:56   Link #6161
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
It's pretty much what was to be expected of the final episode for now.

Spoiler for The Good:

Spoiler for The Bad:
Old 2018-03-24, 21:59   Link #6162
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

While i agree with bad point 5, and the first part of bad point 1. The rest of the bad point is non-existence in my opinion
Old 2018-03-24, 22:09   Link #6163
Random14

I actually liked the fight in this episode better than the last one. Its cool to see Goku mastering Ultra Instinct but even without the blond hair, Goku power-ups are nothing new, so it was nice to see something different.

Spoiler for last episode:

Super turned out not bad, with this last arc being particularly strong. Not perfect, but pretty good overall. Now to wait for more news about the movie.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 22:11   Link #6164
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Actually Super is good overall, but people's standard now is pretty high
Old 2018-03-24, 22:18   Link #6165
n0m@n
C-Z

Anyone else liked how the last scene of the battle/sparring between Goku and Vegeta was a homage to the first battle between the two during the Saiyan saga? I loved how they made the same battle stance as back then with a similar environment as a background.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 22:21   Link #6166
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I got quite a few issues with this arc, but it also had some really good moments. Full of highs and lows is how I'd describe it. Overall, Zamasu's arc save for the last episode of it is still my favorite one. But for a comeback of such an old series, I'm not upset with Super, and would like a new series to be announced after the movie.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 22:25   Link #6167
Kazu-kun

Just a clarification. Goku didn't say he lost Ultra Instinct. He said he achieved UI in the tournament by accident because he was cornered, and couldn't do it right now while playing around with Vegeta.

This means next time UI shows up is when Goku is cornered again. Probably in the movie.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-03-24 at 22:56.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 22:45   Link #6168
The Green One

Welp it's done.....while the final battle felt epic enough the ending itself felt......a bit underwhelming to be honest. I can't really put a finger on what felt wrong, it just didn't pull me into it. Just left kind of a "meh" aftertaste.
Old 2018-03-24, 23:07   Link #6169
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Just a clarification. Goku didn't say he lost Ultra Instinct. He said he achieved UI in the tournament by accident because he was cornered, and couldn't do it right now while playing around with Vegeta.

This means next time UI shows up is when Goku is cornered again. Probably in the movie.
i think you are missunderstan what he told, he told which he achieved it by nakama power and all the pressure of the tournament and he can't do it again at "freewill" almost like he really "lost it" that is why vegeta told which he was "above goku now" since he unlocked a "SSB 2 level while goku still on SSB normal, for now goku can't really use this power as "part of his currently power", it was like that "one time powerups".

About this episode really some good and weird things
- as we predicted someone wished all the universes come back and it ended just a "mock plan" from zeno, he already know which that wish will be made them that is why he "goes with erase the universes" i bet it not was really his real plan, it was more like to have fun and motivate the universes to take the battle serious.

- frieza getting back to life, while he still "evil" i do think which after all which happened they managed to "plant" a seed of "nakama power" in frieza and while he not goes totally "good guy" i'm pretty sure now he will calm down a little with his "universe conquest" and remember which he can't go erasing every planet because this can place himself in danger and he probably gonna play just a "space pirate" and so some little evil here and there and not destroying planets and lives anymore like that he probably have learned his lesson here.

- it was really surprsing which the winner was number 17 he does really was a epic person and that was not easy to predictate.

- now the end while was fun it really feel rushed and we could have a "special episode with like 30 full minutes and have better closure to everyone.

- now it's movie time let's wait to see the new "enemy which looks like gonna be a sayan in movie and wait the anime come back probably in 2019 or something like that.

- all the nakama power even jiren get his "nakama power", well dragon ball is a generic shounen serie then it's fine and it's not like i'm a "nakama power hater" i never really had problem with that as many peoples have.

This serie does had a lot of downs specially in animation which at the beginner was one of the worst animations a big animation studio could so far but they managed to improve it over time.
Old 2018-03-24, 23:09   Link #6170
cyberdemon

I wonder if the wish made brought back the full 18 universes or just the 12 from before the tournament.
Old 2018-03-24, 23:14   Link #6171
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I wonder if the wish made brought back the full 18 universes or just the 12 from before the tournament.
that is something which i could had liked, if zeno after tha tournament could decide to bring back the "old erased universes" to have more peoples for a tournament , because if he have power to erase and he was the one which created all angels and everythging the for sure he have power to bring them back whenever he want.

but about your question i think it was no, he only bring the universes which where "erased" in the tournament not all the erased so far universes, otherwise we coul also had see the "others angels appearing" or something like that.
Old 2018-03-24, 23:21   Link #6172
Wandering Soul

Best part of the final fight for me was the part where Goku and Frieza colliding with Jiren to knock him off while Goku was struggling to maintain Super Saiyan. It's sort of funny how Goku can synchronize better with Frieza than with Vegeta.
Old 2018-03-24, 23:33   Link #6173
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

What happened to Vegeta's "ascended" SSJB?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 23:41   Link #6174
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow!...The untapped Freiza fanboy I had inside me I didn't even know I had ...Damn he comes off good in this final episode (Vegeta's face when they're fighting together: priceless)...

Well I guess I can throw my theory of the head angel double-crossing everyone in some something other or such out the window lol...

While this arc never really addressed any of the issues going into it (Goku's selfishness, Gohan turning into something else, some implied sinister plot surrounding the tournament), it landed the dismount.

I mean this show is about super fighting and when a barely able to charge-up to SSJ1-- Goku, and Frieza combined to a$$whip Jiren my boyhood jumped out of my manhood to delight and cheers I'm sure I disturbed some neighbor with...

If this is the end, having Super 17 win randomly is quite fitting (and Jesus is Android 18 a harda$$ or what??? Vacation over the multiverse?? Good God)...

I know they pulled the stuff about the Zen-ohs were never going to end the universe outta their a$$eSS, but I'm good with it...Also glad they are immediately fake-retconning Goku's UI...Cheap as hell, but now another series can be believable...

Another wild journey...Never thought I'd get to re-experience this again as an older dude, but pretty much enjoyed it all...

Only-one thing that really blew my mind, besides the fighting: "That Toei didn't have a 1hour Island Animal-capers episode with Trunks and Goten..."

I bet 90% of yall are floored by that...
Old 2018-03-24, 23:41   Link #6175
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i think you are missunderstan what he told
No I didn't. There's a big difference between "I can't do it at will" and "I can't do it at all."

The way Goku said it, it means Toei left the door open to have UI back whenever they feel like it.
Old 2018-03-24, 23:45   Link #6176
alex_drian

HAHAHAHA, 17 wins the whole thing.

And well, those Angels are more OP as the time pass.

And I hope that this has been at least an 0.1% of a lesson of caramaraderie for Freezer. And yep, he is back to his old ways, but whenever not bothering us, who cares?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 23:50   Link #6177
Blueknight78

Quote:
No I didn't. There's a big difference between "I can't do it at will" and "I can't do it at all."

The way Goku said it, it means Toei left the door open to have UI back whenever they feel like it.
but not as "whenever he want" we need a "big stacks" to bring it back, that is the point that is why we get the jokey about goku being behind vegita in power ups.

You can't really count it as "goku permanent power up", it's the same if one day vegeta also menage to ative it, it will be that "rare one times power ups which come only when they really want to do something epic not something goku can have control of it and you can expectate him pop up on every battle or every final boss battle.
Old 2018-03-25, 00:07   Link #6178
Kazu-kun

Again, he just said he can't do it at will. That just means he has to train to get the hand of it. It might not be a permanent powerup yet, but it will be soon enough. Unless you think this is the end of Dragon Ball for good. It doesn't seem likely to me. We'll probably get a new season in a year or so.
Old 2018-03-25, 00:17   Link #6179
Blueknight78

Quote:
Again, he just said he can't do it at will. That just means he has to train to get the hand of it. It might not be a permanent powerup yet, but it will be soon enough. Unless you think this is the end of Dragon Ball for good. It doesn't seem likely to me. We'll probably get a new season in a year or so.
yeah i really do hope we get one too.

He can get another power ups like vegita he can unlock that ssb2 as vegita unlocked and have others "regular sayan power ups and more spiked hair colors , until we finally reach the SS rainbow .
Old 2018-03-25, 00:33   Link #6180
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, that was a rather satisfying end. Yes, it was predictable and cheesy and had some major stupidity, but I remember most of Z being the same when you get down to it. And here showed that frankly there's not all that much need. The drama, the evil, the desperate situations, they're all just an excuse for the gang to beat the crap out of each other. And it also showed that the power-ups aren't really all THAT necessary. This episode's fight was pretty darn satisfying and suitable as a conclusion in spite of the fact that everyone's power was pretty much bare minimum.

And as far as UI being currently inaccessible, this doesn't seem so surprising to me. All of his forms took a lot of work and repeated activations for him to figure out how to will it forth. The standard Super Saiyan line and Super Saiyan God lines are activated through training and extreme emotion, so it's not too hard to trigger repeatedly and figure it out. UI is a state obtainable not from emotion but from an absolute need in a battle so extreme and desperate and demanding that he is forced to dedicate every last ounce of his being and shut everything else out. You'd only be able to get him to activate it again with another Jiren-level fight, so training in its use will prove very difficult. The only other option might be meditation with help from Whis, but I doubt he'd handle that well.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy