AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-08-02, 12:36   Link #941
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Konami's usually pretty, but WTH was that face?

Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-02, 17:00   Link #942
James Rye

^That is the being angry at your own kindness face.^^
Osamu got better judging Ninomiya for attacking Tamakoma-2 for personal reasons letting down his defenses to go all out. I hope he does that and that their plan works. I wanna see his expression once he got blown up by Chika!
Old 2019-08-02, 18:33   Link #943
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A lot of prep time is going into this match. Makes sense, since it might be the last ranking war match in the entire story. I hope it will live up to expectations.
Old 2019-08-03, 03:42   Link #944
James Rye

Yeah this could be the last ranking war match we will read in WT. A bit of a shame I gotta admit, I liked this tournament arc more than other battle shounen tournaments. This one was versatile, had lots of different types of fight and a whole lot of character building during it. It was long but well done.
Old 2019-08-03, 11:18   Link #945
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yes, the battles were really great, but I think it's high time we move on to more important things. They have a whole other world to explore.
Old 2019-08-03, 13:53   Link #946
p-kun

I like the analysis of Ninomiya's psyche. Ninomiya is definitely setup to die in this match either at Osamu's hand or Chika's, because this will setup more story about Hatohara and what not. That said, T2 is kinda ignoring Ikoma squad this time. Hopefully they'll continue their easy going way, subverts expectations and screws all prepared strategies. This makes the match more chaotic and fun.

Since T2's match is at night, we will be able to see how much Kageura squad earned in the morning. Based on past experience, without T2, they earned 2-5 points, where the 5 points were against Azuma squad and Yuba squad in round 5 IIRC. Also curious how many points Ninomiya squad earned in the last match. If they earned their average of 3 points, then B1 is 4 points higher than T2. If B2 earned 5 points and B1 can earn 3 points this match, then T2 needs to earn at least 6 points to become B2 and 8 points to become B1. This is a steep but doable range. Since T2 is pretty broken with Chika shooting, they need to have this much challenge to make the match more exciting.

Hopefully Satomi is the other commentator aside of Konami. He'll give good perspective.

Any guess with the map? Yuba squad's forte is short range, and depending on how good their sniper is, perhaps long range as well. Their opponents are good at mid range. The hint given was a complicated map. A lot of people, including me, wants to see forest map, which seems to be good for short range ambushes and snipes. Yuba squad will have time preparing the right camo, especially night setting. Guerilla tactics with silencer will be interesting to see. I feel forest map will not benefit Ninomiya squad but surely their experience will make it up. Ikoma squad has a mobile sniper who will benefit from forest map and Minamisawa has grasshopper. T2 will benefit a lot from forest map, with a mobile assassin (yuma) and wires, but Osamu and Chika's low mobility may present a challenge for them to group up alive.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-03, 16:36   Link #947
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, the battles were really great, but I think it's high time we move on to more important things. They have a whole other world to explore.
Since they have to "hop" between several worlds before reaching Aftokrator I'd say it is more like their Grand Line travel than just one world to explore.^^
Old 2019-08-03, 18:39   Link #948
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
Any guess with the map? Yuba squad's forte is short range, and depending on how good their sniper is, perhaps long range as well. Their opponents are good at mid range. The hint given was a complicated map. A lot of people, including me, wants to see forest map, which seems to be good for short range ambushes and snipes. Yuba squad will have time preparing the right camo, especially night setting. Guerilla tactics with silencer will be interesting to see. I feel forest map will not benefit Ninomiya squad but surely their experience will make it up. Ikoma squad has a mobile sniper who will benefit from forest map and Minamisawa has grasshopper. T2 will benefit a lot from forest map, with a mobile assassin (yuma) and wires, but Osamu and Chika's low mobility may present a challenge for them to group up alive.
After reading your post I really want the map to be this now.
Old 2019-08-04, 07:21   Link #949
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Forest map is really the last thing we have yet to see in the B-Rank wars, so yeah, there is a good chance it is where all this will go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I like the analysis of Ninomiya's psyche. Ninomiya is definitely setup to die in this match either at Osamu's hand or Chika's, because this will setup more story about Hatohara and what not. That said, T2 is kinda ignoring Ikoma squad this time. Hopefully they'll continue their easy going way, subverts expectations and screws all prepared strategies. This makes the match more chaotic and fun.
I think it was the sort of analysis that made me realize just how much Osamu had grown as a tactician, since he managed to pick up on it and formulate a plan around Ninomiya's weaknesses and strengths, rather than what happened the last time they squared off. I think the kill will probably go to Chika, but I can see Osamu being involved in the fight directly to make the plan work.

I don't think T2 is ignoring Ikoma squad, I think that they just came to the same realization that Ouji squad did and that you just have to deal with Ikoma squad when you have too. Remember last time when they didn't even plan for the match and they just talked about how good eggplant curry was lol?

Ikoma Squad are the wild cards in this match, so I do think we will be getting them causing havoc during unexpected moments. Should be a fund final battle.
Old 2019-08-04, 08:10   Link #950
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I think it was the sort of analysis that made me realize just how much Osamu had grown as a tactician, since he managed to pick up on it and formulate a plan around Ninomiya's weaknesses and strengths, rather than what happened the last time they squared off. I think the kill will probably go to Chika, but I can see Osamu being involved in the fight directly to make the plan work.
Osamu bait, Chika kill shot.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-03, 14:09   Link #951
Blaat

Spoiler for 184+185:
Old 2019-09-03, 14:30   Link #952
James Rye

Spoiler for Spoiler talk:
Old 2019-09-03, 16:01   Link #953
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for spoiler 184 and 185:
Old 2019-09-03, 16:32   Link #954
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Spoiler for spoiler 184 and 185:
Spoiler for About that...:
Old 2019-09-03, 18:11   Link #955
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sakurako was the one who did the commentaries for their first match so it's fitting she's also doing it for their last one.

Tamakoma had a pretty good plan, but their horrible spawn points screwed everything up. They're off to a rough start. And no forest stage, now we'll never get to see it.
Old 2019-09-03, 19:15   Link #956
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Spoiler for About that...:
Guess Hyuse may have to make do with Osamu instead.
Old 2019-09-04, 22:30   Link #957
p-kun

I'm convinced Ikoma has a side effect to detect 4th wall.

Back to the match:
- 4 points target is not a big hurdle I guess, very manageable.
- Too bad not forest map. Really simple map, simple weather, simple timezone as well.
- T2 transfer placement can be better, but not that bad. First transfer was always below ideal for T2, so this is just the usual.
- Ashihara usually let the members that didn't shine in the past match to shine here, so we'll get a lot of Inukai as hinted and Ikoma team (they have the best transfer positions with the complete team on the east side versus the enemies whose team are split up).
- West side will have Nino/Tsuji, Yuuma/Chika, and Tono. Yuuma will be a good help for Chika, psychologically, but Chika will be dragging Yuuma down (he's stuck on her side protecting her, limiting his ability to hunt and kill Nino/Tsuji).
- Interesting that Nino's first volley have large explosions, so that's "random" Salamander I guess. But the second volley have small explosions, I guess it's regular asteroid or hound. Chika's hound has bigger explosions than Nino's Salamander, wow.
- I think it'll be stalemate until Tono pulls the trigger at Chika, but Yuuma will protect Chika and get a hit but not die. Since Yuuma can't leave Chika unless she bunkers down (making her vulnerable to Nino's gimlet), he'll be unable to hunt Tono, so I think Tsuji will be the one getting Tono. Then we'll get Nino/Tsuji and Yuuma/Chika proper. Perhaps if Hyuse can survive on his own, Osamu can help out this side.
- East side, Ikoma with the complete team is the most advantaged, I guess, but since they don't strategize and have their own pace, I can't predict whether they'll capitalize on that. They may join the fray late like they did last time.
- Yuba/Obishima regroup so fast, but it makes sense since its "spinoff" Ouji team is a runner team. Yuba will be the most dangerous in this side, especially because Obishima is a cute little girl, so Ikoma team may not go after her at all.
- Hyuse may be the second most dangerous, especially if Osamu can support. Though not sure how much Osamu can support Hyuse, since Hyuse doesn't benefit from Wire as much as Yuuma due to his lower mobility and if they regroup, Osamu will be dragging Hyuse's mobility down just like Chika did to Yuuma. Perhaps, Osamu can create wire zone for Hyuse and Hyuse can rain bullets from there, since he has enough trion for that.
- I'm looking forward to what Inukai can do on his own, since it'll be his time to shine (his solo points are not that high though, and IIRC, 2nd weapon get spillover points from kills so the points from 2 weapons can't be summed). Not sure if his practice will be useful since in real fight, the person in Tsuji's position will be moving around, and since he has to work solo now.

Anyway, lots of excitement and next month can't come soon enough.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-05, 09:57   Link #958
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Like Blaat, I think Yuma is probably going to go down early. Chika is still hesitant to shoot, and I recall Azuma (I think it was him) saying she'd have to be cornered. They're already under pressure with it being the last match, so if Yuma goes down without scoring any point, Chika will have no choice but to go on the attack for real. I'm also pretty sure she'll be the third person this season to take down Ninomiya.
Old 2019-10-03, 13:46   Link #959
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for chapter 186-187:
Old 2019-10-03, 15:35   Link #960
James Rye

Wow, Hyuse is sucha beast to survive a gang-all on him for so long! Too bad the plan with the Meteor failed, Chika leveling an entire neighborhood with all agent in it would have been a fantastic finish to the chapter! Lol, I love how worried and exhausted Konami is from watching that match. XDDD

Tags
action, shounen stargate