AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-06-01, 09:05   Link #1161
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Edit:
So, I was re-reading some past chapters, and I was wondering: did anyone notice this, back in chapter 184?

Spoiler for :

Hmm...
That's a nice catch...

Quote:
Well, he did point out tigers don't live in Africa, and that it was really odd for Nagi to have found Tama there.
We also know that it's all due to Isumi that he is able to speak. But I wonder what was the tablet he was reading in the savanna.

On a side note, I wonder if Mikado is linked to Hina's parent's disparition (IIRC, Hina mentionned them meddling with a millionaire).
Old 2009-06-02, 08:10   Link #1162
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

This story got so complex all of the suddens.
Hata, I must say that you are a genious for combining one of the most comedy genre that I've ever seen with such a confusing,implicit and excellent development for your characters.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 10:58   Link #1163
Sixth
Hu Tao

How long is the writer intend to tease us with Athena and Hayate meeting?

It is killing me to wait for it to happen.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 15:18   Link #1164
Used Can

It's funny. We were having loads of Hina development some chapters ago, and now Ayumu is doing really well (particularly in a moment when Hina is still supposed to be developed, since she's going to have a date with Hayate). The only thing we need is some Maria development (and who knows, maybe some development for Izumi as well), and I'd say the table is set for Athena to show up.
Old 2009-06-02, 15:46   Link #1165
Mentar
Banned

Athena's reappearance would be an awesome deflector for a Hina confession. The author could afford to push the envelope even further (the cliff scene with almost-impending kiss was already fairly risque) and then interrupt with Athena. Which would allow for really delicious drama ^_^

So, FWIW, my wish would be for her crashing the date at its climax!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 17:51   Link #1166
vixens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Athena's reappearance would be an awesome deflector for a Hina confession. The author could afford to push the envelope even further (the cliff scene with almost-impending kiss was already fairly risque) and then interrupt with Athena. Which would allow for really delicious drama ^_^

So, FWIW, my wish would be for her crashing the date at its climax!
yeah that would be good and steal hayate from hina lol
vixens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 20:55   Link #1167
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
It's funny. We were having loads of Hina development some chapters ago, and now Ayumu is doing really well (particularly in a moment when Hina is still supposed to be developed, since she's going to have a date with Hayate). The only thing we need is some Maria development (and who knows, maybe some development for Izumi as well), and I'd say the table is set for Athena to show up.
This is Hayate we're talking about, any possible chance of a successful date would be ruined by either his stupidity or some unlucky interruption. Besides, he thinks that ONLY Ayumu likes him, and probably thinks that every other girl dislikes him. He's the king of bad luck and misunderstandings, which foils possible development with the other girls (ex. He only sees the Dinner with Hina as a chance for asking forgiveness). So unless the other girls become straightforward and tells him what they really mean, I say they will just be running around in circles.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 21:14   Link #1168
vixens

he probably afraid to go out with any of them on a date cause A-tan might show up,possible,or he he still has feelings for her
Old 2009-06-02, 21:34   Link #1169
leoblack9

Yes, and no. He still keeps in his mind the rules Athena has told him, which is he needs to take care of his girlfriend and have lots of money. Which he hasn't complied with,yet (Just a speculation though). We won't know the real reason unless they meet again.
Old 2009-06-02, 22:12   Link #1170
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixens View Post
he probably afraid to go out with any of them on a date cause A-tan might show up,possible,or he he still has feelings for her
Not really, after Ayumu confessed to him (the second time - on Valentine's day), he said he felt really happy and that he'd really like to have a girlfriend. That, and he did try hitting on Maria on the early chapters. He's also shown interest in Hina.

Personally, I think he's not expecting to meet Athena. I'm not saying he wouldn't want to (he himself made it sort of clear he'd like to meet her), but he's probably not counting on it.
Old 2009-06-03, 03:00   Link #1171
leoblack9

I wonder why Hayate said in the early chapters that he doesn't have a girlfriend yet (Talking to Maria in some chapter). Yet he tells Hinagiku and others in ch80 something that he had an ex-girlfriend. This tells me he brainwashed himself after the incident into believing he didn't have a girlfriend.
Old 2009-06-03, 03:02   Link #1172
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Probably because he doesn't have any girlfrind at his current state, but he had a girlfriend long time ago. . . if I remember what he said correctly. But it probably also because that he still regrets what he had done before.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 04:04   Link #1173
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Not really, after Ayumu confessed to him (the second time - on Valentine's day), he said he felt really happy and that he'd really like to have a girlfriend. That, and he did try hitting on Maria on the early chapters. He's also shown interest in Hina.

Personally, I think he's not expecting to meet Athena. I'm not saying he wouldn't want to (he himself made it sort of clear he'd like to meet her), but he's probably not counting on it.
That is definitely true. Chances are Hayate thinks it is impossible to meet Athena since the Royal Garden dissapeared. He probably wants to meet her but also knows that it is really some wishful thinking. That said, when he DOES see her he will probablly be like OMFG WTF!!!! and who knows what will happen. I'd love to see her show up in the middle of Hina and Hayate's date.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 05:12   Link #1174
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
^
Probably because he doesn't have any girlfrind at his current state, but he had a girlfriend long time ago. . . if I remember what he said correctly. But it probably also because that he still regrets what he had done before.
Well, could be. Let's see what happens later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
That is definitely true. Chances are Hayate thinks it is impossible to meet Athena since the Royal Garden dissapeared. He probably wants to meet her but also knows that it is really some wishful thinking. That said, when he DOES see her he will probablly be like OMFG WTF!!!! and who knows what will happen. I'd love to see her show up in the middle of Hina and Hayate's date.
What's even better: Athena appearing when every girl (involved with him) is with Hayate. Probably would happen when they visit Parthenon (In my daydreams anyway).
Old 2009-06-03, 06:48   Link #1175
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
This is Hayate we're talking about, any possible chance of a successful date would be ruined by either his stupidity or some unlucky interruption.
Eh, I'd say the date Hayate already had with Hina was pretty successful. And it didn't end *too* badly (that is, it could've been much worse).
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 09:46   Link #1176
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Eh, I'd say the date Hayate already had with Hina was pretty successful. And it didn't end *too* badly (that is, it could've been much worse).
Yes that's true they had a successful date that's why Hina fell for him already. While she's enjoying a nice development, Hayate is busy looking the other way and fails to see it otherwise.

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-06-03 at 10:11.
Old 2009-06-03, 10:45   Link #1177
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is it wrong for the author to make Hayate marry Hina and Athena at the same time in Japan?

It is perfectly work fine for HongKong comic.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 11:40   Link #1178
vixens

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Is it wrong for the author to make Hayate marry Hina and Athena at the same time in Japan?

that would be a win win for hayate lol
Old 2009-06-03, 12:32   Link #1179
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post

Might as well make it a complete harem ending then with letting Nagi/Maria/Ayumu join to please all the fans.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 14:24   Link #1180
Used Can

I've always thought an author that tries to please everyone is mediocre. I'm not saying HnG is a literary masterpiece, but any time I read something (unless the story is, from the very beginning, blatant fanservice), I always expect the author to develop the plot in the way he wishes, and not just to please his readers.

It saddens me when readers would rather get pleased, than to receive a properly developed story.

Tags
comedy, shounen