AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-26, 13:50   Link #30281
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ah thanks guys! Ill get around to this at some point, right now there are a bunch of kits I need to fix up to display, plus waiting on a order of action bases. Some of the kits desperately needs one :P
Pfft... Messy shelf...

Don't tell me about random messy shelf. Not to mention I got boxes of half built kits under my bed.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 15:02   Link #30282
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
That's the HG Heavy arms EW ya? It looks pretty detailed... At least more then I remember. :P
Wanna take a closer look? Actually, aside from Nataku’s annoyingly flimsy and large-but-hollow Dragon Fangs and weak legs, the HG 1/100 Gundams from Endless Waltz are nice kits (note that I don’t have HG 1/100 Wing Zero, so I can’t comment on that one).
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-07-26 at 15:13.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 16:28   Link #30283
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wanna take a closer look? Actually, aside from Nataku’s annoyingly flimsy and large-but-hollow Dragon Fangs and weak legs, the HG 1/100 Gundams from Endless Waltz are nice kits (note that I don’t have HG 1/100 Wing Zero, so I can’t comment on that one).
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yeah it does look pretty good. The legs look better then the new EW. At least the proportion. Though I see some nasty seams. A good tip, which is good for anyone. If you don't paint your kits, invest in 2 things:
1.)Some plastic cement
2.)A finger nail polishing kit

Snap fit the kit, put some glue on there. Once it's dry take the nail polisher and buff it. You can get it to look like the original unpainted kit, with very little effort but, you get a seamless look. Because you're not worried about painting poly caps(Like I do...), you can just leave it together.

Edit: It's good for nub marks too. You'll probably need some sandpaper for a better finish though. All in all the nail polisher is easy to find in any location, it's cheap, you can get a good result with little effort.
Old 2013-07-26, 17:18   Link #30284
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yeah it does look pretty good. The legs look better then the new EW. At least the proportion. Though I see some nasty seams. A good tip, which is good for anyone. If you don't paint your kits, invest in 2 things:
1.)Some plastic cement
2.)A finger nail polishing kit

Snap fit the kit, put some glue on there. Once it's dry take the nail polisher and buff it. You can get it to look like the original unpainted kit, with very little effort but, you get a seamless look. Because you're not worried about painting poly caps(Like I do...), you can just leave it together.

Edit: It's good for nub marks too. You'll probably need some sandpaper for a better finish though. All in all the nail polisher is easy to find in any location, it's cheap, you can get a good result with little effort.
Nice tips, though I'm really not a fan of sandpaper. Somehow, I can only make my kits even worse using it. Also, I like my kits to be smooth, so I only use a good file to fix the nubs. Beside that, gluing is something I'm already doing since some time ago (note that these HG 1/100 EW Gundams are some of my earliest kits that I build). Btw, those lines on Heavyarms legs (except the feet and knees) are actually panel-lines, not seam-lines. I actually panel-lined it to highlight it even more . And, believe it or not, I'm actually not that bothered by seam-lines unless it really sticks out like a sore thumb ^_^U.
Old 2013-07-26, 17:47   Link #30285
Providenceangle

Quote:
Nice tips, though I'm really not a fan of sandpaper. Somehow, I can only make my kits even worse using it. Also, I like my kits to be smooth, so I only use a good file to fix the nubs. Beside that, gluing is something I'm already doing since some time ago (note that these HG 1/100 EW Gundams are some of my earliest kits that I build). Btw, those lines on Heavyarms legs (except the feet and knees) are actually panel-lines, not seam-lines. I actually panel-lined it to highlight it even more . And, believe it or not, I'm actually not that bothered by seam-lines unless it really sticks out like a sore thumb ^_^U.
You have to move up in grit is all. So if you're sanding off nubs, use around 200-300 grit to clean it.(This will take it down quickly but won't rough the surface too much)After go to 400 waterproof paper. Then 600. The nail polisher is actually a good replacement, if you're good with a hobby knife. If you can clean your nubs down good. Then you can simple polish the surface till it's uniform. It's basically like 1500 grit sandpaper. It will give you a "glass" like surface.

Here is an example of what I mean:

Snap fitted part. No prep or sanding. I didn't even wash the parts.

The surface isn't very nice looking.

First I use the coarse side.

Then the grey finer side.(At this point it's the same as what was there originally, just cleaner and more uniform)

Finally I use the white buffing side.

Seam lines don't bother me either, as I paint my kits. (Not that I have lately geez..) I just sand them flush, then I'll dress them up to look like panel lines.

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-27 at 05:44.
Old 2013-07-26, 18:09   Link #30286
Skye629

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 22:20   Link #30287
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Maybe if the Wing Gundam Proto Zero Master Grade sells well, it might convince Bandai 'nuff for them to do a MG Wing EW 2.0/Remaster and a MG Wing Zero EW 2.9/Remaster.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 00:41   Link #30288
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Maybe if the Wing Gundam Proto Zero Master Grade sells well, it might convince Bandai 'nuff for them to do a MG Wing EW 2.0/Remaster and a MG Wing Zero EW 2.9/Remaster.
Im gonna assume that 2.9 was a typo XD
Old 2013-07-27, 05:02   Link #30289
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@Providenceangle That looks really nice . Like I said, nice tips. I may not all for sandpaper, but I'll give that finger nail polishing kit a shot if I can find any around here. I'm not really familiar with that tool tbh, but I'll try it (given I have enough time. Recently, being able to relax on a couch while watching TV, straight-build a kit and write in a forum like this is a luxury. Thanks to my almost-neverending work ).
Old 2013-07-27, 05:37   Link #30290
Providenceangle

Quote:
@Providenceangle That looks really nice . Like I said, nice tips. I may not all for sandpaper, but I'll give that finger nail polishing kit a shot if I can find any around here. I'm not really familiar with that tool tbh, but I'll try it (given I have enough time. Recently, being able to relax on a couch while watching TV, straight-build a kit and write in a forum like this is a luxury. Thanks to my almost-neverending work ).
Not to offend but... If there are women in your country. You "will" find something similar. Just look in beauty supply sections, at local stores.

I can't figure out if it's Photobucket, or this site but... Sometimes the images I post won't load. I don't know if anyone else can see them or not... Ah well.
Old 2013-07-27, 05:52   Link #30291
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Not to offend but... If there are women in your country. You "will" find something similar. Just look in beauty supply sections, at local stores.
That...... might be a little bit difficult for me to do, all things considered. People might give me a funny look after that . I might just ask my girlfriend or sister or mother to buy me one when they went shopping to resupply .

Oh, I don't see any pics in your post above btw. Photobucket is often like that.
Old 2013-07-27, 05:54   Link #30292
Providenceangle

Quote:
That...... might be a little bit difficult for me to do, all things considered. People might give me a funny look after that . I might just ask my girlfriend or sister or mother to buy me one when they went shopping to resupply .
I actually use it sometimes(not the full effect... Too shiny). Women do appreciate a well manicured man. At least you get less looks then buying condoms...

Freedom LED:

Ultra mode!

Poor led is at it's max! It's a 3mm white, rated for 3 volts. I'm running it on 5 volts(I plan to hack up USB to power it) with a 2k resistor. It's probably getting 3.5v in that last picture. Probably won't get good life like that, but it's not overly stressed. If your leds turn yellow(if they aren't already yellow), they are usually burning out.

A tip for those who wonder where to get wire. If you got ethernet cords around that you don't use. Cut them up. It's a good source of high gauge wire. Small, useful copper wire. If it's good enough to send internet through, it's more then good enough for some basic electricity.

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-27 at 09:53.
Old 2013-07-27, 14:21   Link #30293
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Should I get these HGs
Astraea
Astraea Type F
0 Gundam (Type ACD)
0 Gundam (Roll Out)
Exia
00 Raiser w/ GN Sword III
Exia R2
00 Raiser Condenser Type
00 Qan[T]
Avalanche Dash Exia

Or should I just save for a MG Wing (TV), MG Wing Proto Zero, and 2 Action Base 1 (Black)?
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 15:58   Link #30294
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@Providence What parts of the head did you carve to get that LED inside? Did you only carve out the clear part inside the head? I recall you also able to put in LED inside a HG 1/144 head, how much work does it take? Can you do that to mono-eye suits like Sinanju, Khsatriya, Zakus, Doms, Goufs, etc?
Old 2013-07-27, 16:29   Link #30295
Providenceangle

Quote:
@Providence What parts of the head did you carve to get that LED inside? I recall you also able to put in LED inside a HG 1/144 head, how much work will it take. Can you do that to mono-eye suits like Sinanju, Khsatriya, Zakus, Doms, Goufs, etc?
Well I use 3mm leds(I have 900 of them xD). You'd have to reshape them for mono eye, but it could be done.

Here is what I'm doing for the Sinanju:

Open up the head

Cut these tabs off

Slap a led in there to test fit

As you can see it's way too big, but front to back it's good. Just sand it smaller diameter.

Test it. Just to let anyone know, I use something called a Arduino mini. It's a type of micro controller board programmer. It also supplies 3.3v and 5v via pins. Using a bread board you can test leds and many other things.

Using it I don't need to solder anything. Just plug and try. Once I'm satisfied with the resistance and other things, I can then solder, getting this result.

It's much brighter then it looks. You can adjust this with more resistance.
Old 2013-07-27, 16:30   Link #30296
Providenceangle

http://www.plamo.outthere.info/forum....php?tid=11271

This explains what I did with the freedom. What I'll do with the Strike RM. Probably do something similar with my MG Nu as well.
Old 2013-07-27, 17:23   Link #30297
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Thanks bro. It’s nice to have someone as skillful as you here. Your posts above are great input to this thread. At the very least, it’s miles better than spamming a wishlist or what-to-buy list like a certain someone here loves to do whenever he get the chance. Keep up the good work, Prov .
Old 2013-07-27, 17:28   Link #30298
Providenceangle

Quote:
^ Thanks bro. It’s nice to have someone as skillful as you here. Your posts above are great input to this thread. At the very least, it’s miles better than spamming a wishlist or what-to-buy list like a certain someone here loves to do whenever he get the chance. Keep up the good work, Prov .
I'm no pro. I'm just a tinkerer. I love making things custom and different. Always strive to better whatever I do. Also I like to share ideas. The next person might inspire me to improve that much more.

I want this NAO!

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-27 at 17:49.
Old 2013-07-27, 19:14   Link #30299
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Should I get these HGs
Astraea
Astraea Type F
0 Gundam (Type ACD)
0 Gundam (Roll Out)
Exia
00 Raiser w/ GN Sword III
Exia R2
00 Raiser Condenser Type
00 Qan[T]
Avalanche Dash Exia

Or should I just save for a MG Wing (TV), MG Wing Proto Zero, and 2 Action Base 1 (Black)?
Its your money, but saving for the Proto Zero and the Bases is gonna be cheaper (TV version we may never get for all we know)

And cut one of you 00 Raiser's, they're mostly redundant (get the AotT one, only difference is that it has the condensers and a gray raiser cockpit)

Heck most of your list is redundant but if you want that whole collection, suit yourself

You are forgetting 007S too
Old 2013-07-27, 20:04   Link #30300
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I want this NAO!

Hehe I ordered one just a couple of days ago, just waiting on them to ship!

I didn't actually plan on buying it, I was getting a couple of them Idolm@ster planes and then the thought of the GP01 crossed my mind so I went to see if I could get one and just decided "what the hell gonna get me my first RG!"

Now saving for a Hasegawa Osprey which I might also get me some AGe kits as well.
Been meaning to get a AGe-1 and EXEs for some time.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy