AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-18, 00:04   Link #1
benxpawn

Arrow Akira Yoshida's Thor: Son of Asgard

IS anybody interested in Akira Yoshida's Thor: Son of Asgard, out this Wed?

Here's a little extract from a recent interview:
"After years of Asgardian training, Thor, Balder and Sif have finally proven to Odin they possess the skill and prowess to make them true warriors. Odin now feels that they are ready for a difficult task he has been saving for them until they were older. He explains that he seeks to create another mystic weapon [that] will serve to protect Asgard from any and all enemies. This time he wishes to create an enchanted sword that he will bestow on the worthiest warrior in all of Asgard once forged.

In order to craft this mystic sword, Odin requires Thor, Balder and Sif to band together and travel across Asgard in search of four elements that he wants to forge into the sword. The four elements are: a scale from the hide of the dragon Hakurei, which will make the sword unbreakable; a feather from the wing of the snow eagle Gnori, which will make the sword light and swift; a living jewel from deep in the mines of Jennia, that will make sure sword is always balanced; and water from the Lake of Lilitha, which will make the sword pure. Of course, these four elements are located in the four corners of Asgard. And of course, these four elements will also serve to act as the metaphors for what the three friends learn on each leg of their journey.

The series features stunning covers by Adi Granov and beautifully penciled interior art by Greg Tochinni, inked by Jay Leisten and colored by Guru eFX. Thor: Son of Asgard is an amazing package and I am lucky to be working with these guys.

And it was not until I just wrote and explained that that it dawned on me that the premise of this series sounds an awfully lot like the "quest" scenario in my Darkstalkers: Bloodgate comic. Weird, I never even realized that before. However, having written them both, I can tell you they are really completely different. Wow, I hope that doesn't get me the rep of being the "quest guy".

To know more about this project and to get the know the man better, click here: THOR, AKIRA, AKIRA, THOR: AKIRA YOSHIDA
Closed Thread