AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-18, 18:03   Link #3421
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Only if the heads are on the same end of the spear, which they aren't. Also, a trident kinda need three points. Etymologically speaking, you know...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 03:52   Link #3422
Cipher

Quote:
Another guess is that kung fu practitioners spin the damn things a lot
could be better if they used double headed "scythes".

Talking about spears is making me hungry, question: what's the most used self-defense weapon? The knife? the gun?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 05:28   Link #3423
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Silly question: How do I/ Can I burn a video file onto a DVD and play it on an Xbox360? Are there any complications? If it is possible ( and its not as easy as 1-2-3 can anyone explain)
I am not sure abt XBOX360. On PS3, you can plug in a USB and start playing the video and the PS3 supports some major codecs. You would have to chk what codecs does the XBOX60 support.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 05:42   Link #3424
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
I am not sure abt XBOX360. On PS3, you can plug in a USB and start playing the video and the PS3 supports some major codecs. You would have to chk what codecs does the XBOX60 support.
ah.. more like oops, completely forgot about the USB support.. silly me, ( it is a silly questions thread though ) many thanks!
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 06:03   Link #3425
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Was looking for one which is specifically female related.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 08:28   Link #3426
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Was looking for one which is specifically female related.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90483
Old 2010-01-23, 19:23   Link #3427
itsgettingcold

Hey so Ive been wondering for a while but then Durarara show poped up. Does anyone know the name of this earring?

and these rings.

I'm sure they exists in real life since i saw a real person somewhere wearing them.
Thanks for the help!
itsgettingcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 19:58   Link #3428
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgettingcold View Post
Hey so Ive been wondering for a while but then Durarara show poped up. Does anyone know the name of this earring?

and these rings.

I'm sure they exists in real life since i saw a real person somewhere wearing them.
Thanks for the help!
The first is an ear cuff. I don't know if those rings have a specific name, they look like a generic band kind of ring to me.
Old 2010-01-25, 14:03   Link #3429
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, they're "ear cuffs"... I wear one that is a replica of the sort popular around the year 950AD worn in Viking culture.

The ring on the finger is just a ring.... rings can be sized for any finger or thumb (or toe)
Old 2010-01-25, 17:27   Link #3430
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
rings can be sized for any finger or thumb (or toe)
Besides the standard one I find that sort of ring pretty common.
Old 2010-01-26, 00:14   Link #3431
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Here's one:

Why are almost all Anime women so darn attractive? It drives a hormonal teenage American off the wall.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 05:00   Link #3432
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Here's one:

Why are almost all Anime women so darn attractive? It drives a hormonal teenage American off the wall.
They can't help it, they're just drawn that way.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-01-26 at 05:00. Reason: points for the reference
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 12:40   Link #3433
john_kun
Banned

well i got my first deleted post yesterday. These forums rules are as strict as site Im on right now if not stricter. But I did not get punished the right way

I mean moderator deleted it and counted my post as nonsense and said it is not a chat room here but can someone explain why he did not send me a warning or point reduction or something along those lines?

is it because I'm new? Will I get point reduction and more serious warnings later on for nonsense posts?
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 13:14   Link #3434
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
well i got my first deleted post yesterday. But I did not get punished the right way
I wonder if this is a first: someone complaining about not getting "punished". Maybe the rules need updating

Seriously though, "punishment", as you put it, is at the staff's discretion. There is nothing to say we have to issue warnings or infractions, if we don't think they are necessary (they are often the most convenient method of getting our message across though). Incidentally, it doesn't matter how new (or old) you are here.

In the case you're citing, I would say, given you've dived straight into posting activly on the forum, it is a fair assumption that you'll notice when a post is removed and read the comment to find out why. As you did. That means the need for a warning by PM is less necessary. Nothing out of place in that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
Will I get an infraction point reduction increase and more serious warnings later on for nonsense posts?
Possibly, yes. Are you going to keep making nonsense posts?

...And as if to prove my point, that not everything is handled with warnings and infractions, I've moved this post to where it is less out of place, rather than deleting it and issuing a warning.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 13:19   Link #3435
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Consider a post deletion much less serious than a "warning" or "infraction" ... the latter lead more directly to temp-bans and perma-bans.

Its easy... read the forum rules, post as much on topic as possible, don't start a new thread when there's an existing thread for the topic. Necromancy (bringing old threads to life) is much less of an issue here if you're On Topic.

I've had my share of post deletions, warnings, and such... and most every time I deserved it
Old 2010-01-28, 04:43   Link #3436
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Post with comment sense

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 14:00   Link #3437
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I needs some helps here...

I wants to find out how a vibration measurer (to calculate the impact of traffic loads on roads, or bridges, or buildings) works. Any information still be better than nothing, so pls help =]

I needs from the basic information (such as: what will go where if i have a unit and want to measure the vibration rate of the nearby bridge), to the actual mechanical detail ( "the vibration trigger X inside the unit, which then cause Y to start Z...")..... the wikipedia-ish type of information

Wasted some valuable time but keep hitting the wall, so i needs a push to get going =/

PS: The only things which i got so far is general information on Laser Doppler Vibrometer and Accelerometer (especiallt Piezotronic one). Both could be found in wikipedia or other encyclopedia through

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-01-31 at 14:18.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 15:32   Link #3438
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You mean resonance?
Old 2010-01-31, 17:35   Link #3439
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Whats the difference between "Download Help" + "Playback Help" forums compared to the "Tech Support" forum?
Old 2010-01-31, 19:26   Link #3440
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I suppose download and playback forums are dedicated to helping people with using BitTorrent programs, xdcc bots, codecs and media players... basically things related to getting your anime viewing experience going. Tech support on the other hand is for anything computer related that isn't specifically anime related. For example, help with graphics cards, chipset drivers, bios settings, adware removal, using photoshop, installing new hardware and general troubleshooting that one experiences while using a computer.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious