AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-16, 21:17   Link #21
Skirata
That One Guy

I can't wait to watch this. Oh, how I enjoyed this show as a child.
Old 2010-04-17, 07:53   Link #22
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Confirming that i did never watch digimon and don't think the 1st season is by far the best, and i absolutely was not a fan of the super cool last digitation stages and felt really not sorry for the other digimons not getting one in the final episode of season 1 that i of course never watched. I will also not watch the 6th season.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 22:46   Link #23
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...mon-cross-wars

Digimon Cross Wars

(Two words?)

And I guess Shoutmon will be the main partner... hmm
Old 2010-04-17, 23:14   Link #24
qwertyuiopz

oh dear...the first two were the best for me
the 3rd was good and the rest were ew
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 01:13   Link #25
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...mon-cross-wars

Digimon Cross Wars

(Two words?)

And I guess Shoutmon will be the main partner... hmm
what a strange title, but oh well
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 22:28   Link #26
Midonin
Last Engage

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/digimon/

Official site is go.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:48   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I miss SkullGraymon...
Really random thought. But the digimon at the very back reminded me of him.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:52   Link #28
Midonin
Last Engage

It's some species of Greymon, at least. With headphones.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 00:20   Link #29
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

the digimons, they're all wearing headphones, which seems interesting...
a new gimmick for the season?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-04-21, 04:21   Link #30
Weils

From V-Jump:

The main character's name is Taiki Kudō, a middle-school 1st year student while his digimon is Shoutmon who originally lives in a peaceful village inside the Digital World.

The subtitles "デジモン軍VSデジモン軍!かつてない"大戦"が始まる!!" translated as "Digimon Army vs. Digimon Army! An unprecedented Great War begins!" It seems that Taiki will become the commander of a group of digimons, hence the headphones (for communication?) and he will lead them to fight against the enemy's digimons.

The Usual Suspects
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 05:03   Link #31
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
From V-Jump:

The main character's name is Taiki Kudō, a middle-school 1st year student while his digimon is Shoutmon who originally lives in a peaceful village inside the Digital World.

The subtitles "デジモン軍VSデジモン軍!かつてない"大戦"が始まる!!" translated as "Digimon Army vs. Digimon Army! An unprecedented Great War begins!" It seems that Taiki will become the commander of a group of digimons, hence the headphones (for communication?) and he will lead them to fight against the enemy's digimons.
so hence the "Xros wars" (Cross wars) in its title & the headphones themed Digimons, for communication links with their respective allies?
Old 2010-04-21, 05:23   Link #32
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

That's a Greymon(Virus) Hybrid, much like how Geogreymon was a hybrid of the original.
Old 2010-04-22, 16:28   Link #33
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

I wonder if other tamers will be enemy commanders, I like the concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Really now? Are you saying this because they manage to throw out a new game every couple of years? That doesn't make it far from dead. It just means that whoever holds the rights think they can get some quick cash from a dead franchise, hoping that old fans of the show would pick up the games just for nostalgia.
No, I'm saying the series had consistent good ratings, and the merchandise sells well.

Quote:
After Tamers, the rights holders realised that they needed something different to help the show survive, and Frontier was made. It failed and Digimon stopped being a part of the televised medium, and tried its luck with the gaming one. It didn't do too well there. Eventually, Savers came along and looking at what happened with that one, it also failed to bring Digimon back. Now they are trying again, even though it failed already. This tells me that the rights holders are very stubborn or very desperate.
Frontier's ratings were quite good, and Savers did decent.

So I don't see the fail your talking about, your wrong on both accounts. Just because you were dissatisfied with the last two seasons, doesn't mean the franchise is dead.
Old 2010-04-23, 00:20   Link #34
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
And of course please let's Wada Kouji and Ayumi Miyazaki sings the theme of digimon again...
It doesn't feel right when these two is not singing theme song of Digimon...
I agree that would be so awesome!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 08:50   Link #35
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

There's an Omegamon looking fusion type Digimon in the background too. I think the idea of a tamer with a group of Digimon sounds interesting
Old 2010-04-26, 13:28   Link #36
Netevolution

Im going to be a pessimist, but i suspect bad animation quality for this show. We already saw some of it in Savers, and it's about to get a lot worse! Bandais animation budget most likely will be very small. The animation budget is directly tied to the sales estamates of the Digivice. In all previos seasons sales estamates have been relatively high. Ofcourse Bandai could try to draw money from the DS game and a potential Playstation 3 game as well, but that money most likely will go directly to the stock owners.

The toy looks so weak. Therefor i expect a relatively weak animation budget. We will perhaps get 10, mostly nostalgia themened good episodes with animation quality similar to that of One Piece. All previos toys were relatively good compared to the technological standards of the time. It's just that kids today in Japan will either be playing with Nintendos DS, Playstation 3, or cellphone and computer based games. The Digivice looks ugly. It's srceen is small, and the button system looks bad. It's chances of competing with the concoles stated above is weak, wich all have internet connection by the way. Wheter this has or not wont really make a difference, as it is so pathetic.

The boys whole dress literally SCREAMS nostalgia! He is Taici with Daisukes "sexy" looks Shoutmon looks interesting, but that giant robot is more of a joke, and Shoutmon 4x is a Omegamon that looks quite frankly horrible compared to the original!

http://www1.c3-net.ne.jp/cb_happy/Il...p/omegamon.jpg

This is a show with "nostalgia" written all over it! It will have a Wifi connected Digivice, but Bandai is a little late on this 1 Nintendos DS moved to the internet already in 2004. Sonys Playstation 3 in 2006 With World of Warcraft and online video like Youtube the bar will be pretty high now. All this season will do is provide a little more motivation for Digimon based fangames. Maybe also a Playstation 3 game this winter partially related to the game. But overall this is weak, and so will be the animation. Maybe 30-40 epiodes, with 20 bad in quality.

P.S:for a better poster i would suggest Toei Animations official website

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/digimon_xw

The boy also has some kid of a "watch" on hes wrist, wich reminds me of similar fanmade Digivices several years ago;

http://media.photobucket.com/image/d...e_D-former.png

Last edited by Netevolution; 2010-04-27 at 22:11.
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 07:32   Link #37
JxB

Well I must admit that I'm quite glad to hear about a new season!

However, I think that I wont make any critics untill I watched at least 1 episode.

I hope the animes will be great, but as netevolution says, their are little chances to find something really amazing :/

Now, my biggest fear is about the story, I know they've tried to make pretty huge evolution with the 3rd season, and in a way I regret it, because the change was too strong.

What will happen now? I hope something good

JxB
JxB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 21:38   Link #38
Netevolution

I personally believe that show and toy are mostly ment for Japanese audience, as is pretty much all of the series. We should keep that in mind when we talk about Digimon. They do not really give a **** what people in other countries feel about Digimon. It is meant for Japanese fans and Japanese kids!

I know Japan is changing, but the chance will take time. Right now, Bandai is making a season for Japanece audience and fans. As for the future...well, we dont really know about that. Japanese gaming developers have mostly stayed away from American PC games, and cellphone gaming is mostly a mess difficult to extract revenues from.

My original idea of Netevolution would be a season, where the Digimon would be grown together and share resources through the internet when fighting, based on the concept of filesharing, and eventually(at the end of the show)fuse into some super powerfull Holydramon like Digimon. The game would basicly be PC, with also a cellphone for advanced users, offering different kind of services for charge. The anime to advertise it would also be online.

As for this season...seems like bastarding a good brand to me. Nothing worthy of my time
Old 2010-04-28, 23:37   Link #39
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Looking at the picture... Don't tell me that there's only going to be 1 chosen children in this season

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 10:55   Link #40
Netevolution

Quote:
Looking at the picture... Don't tell me that there's only going to be 1 chosen children in this season

When comparing to previous Digimon posters this season seems a bit "nostalgic" It's obvious that the "google boy" is the third incarnation of Taichi. Even hes name says that! Daisuke was an "updated version"(more attractive looking and better drawn) He looked at lot more mature then Taichi at the same age(physicly speaking ofcourse) This is an updated Daisuke with more "Taichi" in him(the hair)

This whole season just screams NOTALGIA! There is only 1 "chosen child" on the poster, because thats who the fans want to see! Digimon always was a "wicked" anime and played around with "poster boys" from the start You can call it a Toei Animation speciality

This "hot" poster boy is really a cheap sales gimmic in my personal opinion. They know that fans like me literally have the HOTS for Daisuke, so they created a cheap clone Well, he is more like a Daisuke+Taichi mixup.

Anyway it's cheap! To compensate for the lack of new gaming ideas Bandai orders Toei Animation to draw some sugar couted anime with "wonder boys" We already had a season like that, and it was called Digimon Adventure 02 This apears to be some kind of an incarnation. I mean, there "Omegamon 2" at the back, now what does that tell you?

Cheap! 02 almost killed Digimon, and now they want to bring it back! The anime with an overhyped budget that really wasn't going anywhere+ a toy that was worse than the original!

Let me see! The hero will have a blond counterpart, because the Japanese just LOVE pinning white vs Asian. Hes name will probobly begin with a T similar to that ot Taiki. He will have a wolf or dog shaped Digimon. And then some awsome chick, that likes neither of the guys and is a "closet lesbian" She will have red hair...

Quite frankly the boy does look quite attractive, but he will probobly be overhyped. I know, since Bandai is quite familiar with the fandom. They know what sells in the animeworld, because for years they have been lurking on forums like these, no joke here! The whole season screams the year 2000-2001, when the fandom made drawings of wifibased digivices and Daisuke+Taichi lookalikes+pairings. There bringing the "dot.com" bubble boys back

Seriosly;a show should sell with the TOY! The anime is just an advertisement! It worked well in Tamers. It's CHEAP to try to sell something with kawajii boys and girls! I mean, when you know you got nothing else left, you go for kawajii! This season will probobly have also screwed up pairings just like in 02

P.S;And for those of you that have forgotte what the original looks like...

Gee! You just had to draw him on the beach to seduce us fans even more, now didn't you?

Last edited by Netevolution; 2010-04-29 at 20:35.