AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 16:31   Link #1221
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
As soon as this entire franchise is done -- they need to make an entirely new series -- based on the Jet Age.
That would be epic. They would have to find a way to make the jet strikers more magic efficient in-universe, but the possibilities would be endless. Timeless classics like the F-86 Sabre, F-4 Phantom, F-16 Falcon, F-15 Eagle, A-10 Thunderbolt, F-14 Tomcat and F-22 Raptors would be immensely fun to watch in combat in a Strike Witches setting
Old 2012-12-08, 00:22   Link #1222
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just saw the film and at the end ... its mean that there will be a second movie or a season 3, but I would think that would make a second film after the first
Old 2013-01-02, 23:43   Link #1223
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm extremely happy that the show's getting a new set of character songs. There was going to be a second set for 2, but they kept getting delayed. And delayed. And delayed. And then eventually cancelled. (I remember the first time I experienced this. It was the Kyouran Kazoku Nikki character song album. But that's for another time.) This set is themed in relation to the movie, but I'm not going to let that stop anything.

"2 hundred over" is a great song, but I'm more than open for more music from the 501st. The first two to release are Sanya/Eila (of course) and Shakkini. Like the first season, they'll include solo songs, duet songs, covers of/rearrangements of songs from the real world versions of the Witches' home countries, and new versions of the ED theme, in this case, the movie's. Not just the 501st, though. Some of the witches who only had cameos in the movie will be joining in the fun, too.

Heidemarie on the Sanya/Eila CD and Fernandia on the Shakkini one.

Great way to start off the new year.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 04:45   Link #1224
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I'm extremely happy that the show's getting a new set of character songs. There was going to be a second set for 2, but they kept getting delayed. And delayed. And delayed. And then eventually cancelled. (I remember the first time I experienced this. It was the Kyouran Kazoku Nikki character song album. But that's for another time.) This set is themed in relation to the movie, but I'm not going to let that stop anything.

"2 hundred over" is a great song, but I'm more than open for more music from the 501st. The first two to release are Sanya/Eila (of course) and Shakkini. Like the first season, they'll include solo songs, duet songs, covers of/rearrangements of songs from the real world versions of the Witches' home countries, and new versions of the ED theme, in this case, the movie's. Not just the 501st, though. Some of the witches who only had cameos in the movie will be joining in the fun, too.

Heidemarie on the Sanya/Eila CD and Fernandia on the Shakkini one.

Great way to start off the new year.
First time I've heard of this. Got a link to prove it?
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 23:53   Link #1225
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
First time I've heard of this. Got a link to prove it?
Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. The Columbia page doesn't have the tracklists, but the Neowing pages do.

Volume 3 and beyond don't have set release dates yet, but there should be updates on that soon, hopefully.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 12:46   Link #1226
EroKing

Old 2013-01-24, 02:24   Link #1227
elebarna
DXD_Oppai universe

finished watch the movie and i can't stop this alkaline fluids from leaking out of my tear ducts after what i saw~

it's so damn good and make nostalgia when i remembered watched the SW first season until the movie.~
well i know that yoshika will have her magical back,cause...well.....a main heroine without power to face neuroi ? but it's okay since the scene when her magical power is so damn bad ass......i wonder if yoshika gonna get reward again

well i just hoped there are season 3 for this awesome thing.......
wish after vivid red series over the staff and producer could continue this SW season 3 project.....wish i wish...
elebarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 10:34   Link #1228
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-30, 01:43   Link #1229
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Something interesting from Fumikane's tweeter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumikane Shimada
Super Miyafuji-san. Her magic is too much for just two engines, so here she has 4. I had a dream where she was the strongest witch who was able to use weapons that turned her magic directly into beams of light...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:51   Link #1230
Gravitas Free Zone

Maybe Ursula will finally get the kinks out of the Jet Striker. While the four engines is interesting, there is a limit to pistons...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 05:11   Link #1231
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Something interesting from Fumikane's tweeter:

Yoshika actually looks... pretty badass. And this Yoshika seems a bit older and more mature, which probably adds to the appeal. Kinda like how Sakomizu Haruka (IIRC on name) was a loli that grew up into a pretty fine young woman. Who's apparently something of a pervert, if a gag omake reel remembrance by Eila is to be believed.

But what Yoshika really needs is an F-22 striker. Or failing that...

X-02 Wyvern striker.

Now I wonder how the witch version of Mobius One and Yellow Thirteen would play out. Battles and dogfighting in the sky, the two aces weave a tale of combat, gallantry, honor and a rivalry that turns into a forbidden love! Girls on opposite sides of the war, who must harden their hearts and fight against the one they love, against all odds!

*Goose is shot repeatedly*

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 07:09   Link #1232
EroKing

Old 2013-02-09, 13:06   Link #1233
Sumeragi
Banned

Ah, Fernandina Malvezzi. Pretty good.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 14:12   Link #1234
EroKing

Old 2013-02-16, 06:32   Link #1235
EroKing

Old 2013-02-25, 22:29   Link #1236
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Seeing that the last post for Strike Witches season one was about in September last year and posts about the movie are in here as well, I decided to post here.

I couldn't find a video with the full English lyrics for the opening of Strike Witches season one so I decided to try it.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 23:07   Link #1237
Gravitas Free Zone

Humikane tweets a Perrine equipment upgrade:

Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 21:23   Link #1238
EroKing

Old 2013-03-21, 00:39   Link #1239
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Nice fanart as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
That would be epic. They would have to find a way to make the jet strikers more magic efficient in-universe, but the possibilities would be endless. Timeless classics like the F-86 Sabre, F-4 Phantom, F-16 Falcon, F-15 Eagle, A-10 Thunderbolt, F-14 Tomcat and F-22 Raptors would be immensely fun to watch in combat in a Strike Witches setting
Oh hell yeah! I'd so buy into that if the Strike Witches team ever bring this kind of project into reality. There are so many interesting classic fighter jets out there and I'm sure plenty of fans are just begging for such idea to take shape.

I wonder if a Shirley lookalike would still fit in the Air Force, or she would look better as Navy in a modern SW setting.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-03-21 at 12:08.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 00:35   Link #1240
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, there's nothing official, but over at Danbooru Ogitsune has Strike Witches 1991, which is essentially the first Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm) with witches.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume