AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-25, 20:33   Link #11641
Gravitas Free Zone

Always do it with panache.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 15:09   Link #11642
Blaat

Got the T-15 haven't played with it yet, not sure if I will. Anyway EU servers were really laggy today I hope WG gets a third server sooner rather than later.
Old 2014-01-26, 15:51   Link #11643
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

The T-43 is awesome:

YouTube
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 16:06   Link #11644
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Got the T-15 haven't played with it yet, not sure if I will. Anyway EU servers were really laggy today I hope WG gets a third server sooner rather than later.

Your lucky I can't even log in now.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 06:57   Link #11645
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Urgh, so many T18 seal clubbers in SEA tier 2 games -.-". They were firing with derp guns again

I`m trying to grind a new line. I`m planning to get fully trained crew with fully trained skill once I have a tier 3 tanks in my other alt. I`m doing this slowly.

Downloading the test server now, this should be done tomorrow. I`ll be trying out the T110E4, FV4202, W.T E-100 and T110E5.

If you guys owned an IS-6, any tips on how to play it?
- HighPrince
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 13:35   Link #11646
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The T-43 is awesome:
lol if that was me driving I'd probably resign myself to fate and rush the E-75 the moment I saw him.

Why do all the t7 mediums except the Panther and T20 suck so much?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 14:25   Link #11647
Blaat

T20 is garbage as well, awful mobility and the DPM is way too low for tier 7. There hasn't been a tier 7 medium tank which I consider worth keeping, same with the tier 8 mediums.
Old 2014-01-27, 15:40   Link #11648
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Why do all the t7 mediums except the Panther and T20 suck so much?
Don't ask me. I have a 67% winrate and 1400 DPG in my T-43. Perhaps it actually sucks and I was just lucky, or maybe it fits my style. I had some of my best battles ever in that vicious tank.
Old 2014-01-27, 18:36   Link #11649
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

So.... today has been a really bad day to play my alt. Won only 16 out of 46, and my WR dropped by a 0.80%. On other hand, I finally got the AMX 12t, it is so painful that the stock gun can't even pen reliable a Jgpanzer 4 on the back, also all dat disperssion when moving the turret even a little.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 23:41   Link #11650
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
T20 is garbage as well, awful mobility and the DPM is way too low for tier 7. There hasn't been a tier 7 medium tank which I consider worth keeping, same with the tier 8 mediums.
IMO Tier 7 mediums are in a bad spot. The only "good" one is Comet and T20 is a bit further back. Other ones are either super niche and don't have competition (Panther) or just bad compared to the competition (T-43, VK3002 DB). This is of course, my uninformed and outdated opinion.

Also because the T29 and to a lesser extent IS/Tiger dominate so much, medium tanks seem shafted in comparison. Want to do a serious tier 7 competition? Bring nothing but T29s.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 01:02   Link #11651
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
IMO Tier 7 mediums are in a bad spot. The only "good" one is Comet and T20 is a bit further back. Other ones are either super niche and don't have competition (Panther) or just bad compared to the competition (T-43, VK3002 DB). This is of course, my uninformed and outdated opinion.
It hasn't changed much so what you said isn't really that outdated. Comet is indeed the best one, but that's still not saying much.

Meanwhile DB still only has the 132 pen L/56(which has an unworkable gold pen of 171), even after losing the status as the "bridge" tank. As a non-optional member of a main medium line, I really believe it should get a different gun.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 01:28   Link #11652
Gravitas Free Zone

The DB still makes me sad, even though I finished using it before the German medium line was altered to include the second branch.

I've seen people do some interesting work with the Chi-Ri, but so far I haven't seen enough of them, or unlocked one for myself, to form an opinion on it.

Meanwhile, back in seal clubbing land, I still think I made a good trade going from the T18's armor and enclosed cabin to open-topped deathtraps with good view range.

Images
UC
Images
PJ

I've been messing with the T82 at the next tier and so far I'm glad that I initially skipped past it on the US TD line. The 105mm derp was bothersome in the same way of the Alecto and Cruiser II's slow high-arc derpgun, and while I prefer the 57mm anyway, the T82 really must stay waaaaaaaaaay the hell back to make up for its terrible armor and sloppy maneuverability.
Old 2014-01-28, 03:36   Link #11653
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post

Also because the T29 and to a lesser extent IS/Tiger dominate so much, medium tanks seem shafted in comparison. Want to do a serious tier 7 competition? Bring nothing but T29s.
The problem with most tier 7 mediums is that their DPM increase doesn't compensate for the huge HP increase at tier 7. Combining this with as you said the huge popularity of the tier 7 heavies the medium tanks simply lags behind. Tier 8 doesn't improve the situation either.
Old 2014-01-28, 06:25   Link #11654
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Lol there 50 bounces in my T95 when I was playing in test server. No damaged landed on it

I tried the T110E4 in test server, it suited my play style The T110E5 and T57 Heavy, I havent tried it yet since I have no time.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 14:59   Link #11655
Gravitas Free Zone

'MURICA!

Images
...yeah.

The only shot I'm proud of is the keyhole shot down the street at the other Wolverine. The rest is just work.
Old 2014-01-29, 10:29   Link #11656
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
The problem with most tier 7 mediums is that their DPM increase doesn't compensate for the huge HP increase at tier 7. Combining this with as you said the huge popularity of the tier 7 heavies the medium tanks simply lags behind. Tier 8 doesn't improve the situation either.
Tier 8 mediums get a healthy power boost, in my opinion. It's not so bad as tier 7 where its T29/IS/IS-2/Tiger or bust. Pershing is an awesome tank and perhaps my favorite out of the "classic" tier 8 tanks.

Also the penetration creep is stupid. I remember back when the Panther (1 back then)'s 203 penetration at tier 8 was godlike for a medium and listed as one of its strongest points. Now people whine if a tier 8 medium tank doesn't have 200+ penetration and is "useless" because it can't effortlessly penetrate Ferdinands from the front /oldmanrant
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 11:06   Link #11657
Gravitas Free Zone

Armor isn't as useful as it used to be... even for short periods of time. The AT2 was godly impenetrable for... one patch? Now it's only particularly good against lower-tier tanks with bad pen and people who can't aim.

Agree that the Tier 8 mediums are generally good. It's an interesting mix there of being at least tolerably decent at most jobs (as a medium should be) while also having at least some useful specialization.

And now for AARs.

Images
Follow the purple guy and explode.

No, really, look at Pants's player stats, they're... nice. Unfortunately this meant that two-thirds of the team followed Pants south, and not one of them came back alive. I stayed near the base and helped clean up the stuff that got through. Our IS got knocked down to 7% within the first thirty seconds of combat, and the Tiger was idling on base... the enemy team didn't even kill off the useless *%#$&*hole (shooting at me instead), the server nuked him at the end of the game.

Images
I'm too big for this game.

So MM screwed around with us a little on this one. The S-51 is actually pretty bad to use on Tier 5 due to the reload time being very long and most Tier 5s usually moving around enough to make aiming difficult. We still won, but the aforementioned reload time meant that I missed a chance to multikill nuke the JP, Panther, and AT2 when they conveniently parked next to each other. (I'd also switched from the thermonuclear premium HE ammo to the normal HE ammo, since I didn't think I'd be making money off of this game shooting at low-tiers.)
Old 2014-01-29, 11:26   Link #11658
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Images
Follow the purple guy and explode.
I'm more impressed by that E-25's XP than anything else.
Old 2014-01-29, 11:52   Link #11659
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Hmm, should I be grabbing an E-25, then?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 12:16   Link #11660
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, should I be grabbing an E-25, then?

- Tak
Hell yes. I think I like the E-25 more than the SU-122-44. The rate of fire is devastating, and the aim time and accuracy are spectacular, helping you zero in to snipe enemies right after braking or turning your hull. Gun control is great, too. A -12/+12 gun arc and 8 degrees of depression on a tiny German TD is a godsend. Equip optics and you get stupid levels of vision control and scouting opportunities despite an apparently meager view range of 396m, because with that insane camo you're still going to outspot almost everything else, and sometimes shoot the tanks you spotted from the open without being spotted (I like the camo net for this). It's even better when you triple-platoon it with blue/purple players and zoom around the battlefield together at 60+ km/h, focus firing on successive targets like a three-barreled machine gun.

Be warned that you need almost 100% gold ammo to do anything, though. It might seem to defeat the money-making purpose of premium tanks, but when I have so much fun in the E-25, I frankly don't give a damn. I go to my T34 to make credits.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks