AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-04-05, 05:39   Link #5521
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is there anyway to deal with those annoying advertisement calls? They used to do it only before 5 pm which i'm often not home to pick anyway. But now they started to call it during night time as well

Just pick up and hang up?
Old 2012-04-05, 05:49   Link #5522
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Is there anyway to deal with those annoying advertisement calls? They used to do it only before 5 pm which i'm often not home to pick anyway. But now they started to call it during night time as well

I had those annoying calls before too. What I did was simple. I threatened to inform the cops, and since then, my life has been peaceful.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 06:12   Link #5523
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I actually find a solution that may work

There is an act that may exist in your country, called Do Not Call Act. Can check if they available in your country. If they do, register your number. And then done(hopefully)
Old 2012-04-05, 07:50   Link #5524
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Don't answer. There is no law that says you HAVE to answer your phone.

Endless "Let it ring" Soul
Old 2012-04-05, 07:57   Link #5525
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
I actually find a solution that may work

There is an act that may exist in your country, called Do Not Call Act. Can check if they available in your country. If they do, register your number. And then done(hopefully)
This is probably what you're looking for:
https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

I'll admit, I do try to have a chat with the telemarketers every now and then- they are humans too, and it most certainly isn't an easy job.
If it were a scammer, someone who doesn't understand the words "not interested", or calling at the wrong time however...
Old 2012-04-05, 10:39   Link #5526
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Listen until they ask a question, then say "No thank you all the way". You can check your DNC act in your country though......they are about to implement on over here.

EDIT :

I just watched the youtube walkthrough of Operation Raccoon City, and there is this guy raving about how bad the game is. Why do people actually play shooters on console, spray and pray without aiming, inpatiently running to subsequent areas tagging a huge number of enemies behind only to get overwhelmed at the next Stand Your Ground sequence, not use melee attacks when the enemy is close, and not even using their brain to develop strategies on the fly?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-05 at 15:10.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 06:28   Link #5527
veritatis cupitor

baka-tsuki is down again. why does this happen so often? if maintenance of site is problem, shouldn't it post ads. there r many sites which provide service to customer for free n maintain themselves with the help of ads.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:23   Link #5528
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Was that a question?

I don't think anime(-t)suki has anything to do with baka-tsuki, if this is the assumption here.
How about this as a question: what is baka-tsuki, why are you paying it money and for what?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:30   Link #5529
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I have had trouble sleeping recently. I couldn't sleep until 3 or 4am, and I always rouse 3 hours later. Strangely enough, I am not sleepy even with just a few hours of sleep. It's been a week. Anyone cares to guess why?

Old 2012-04-08, 13:41   Link #5530
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Was that a question?

I don't think anime(-t)suki has anything to do with baka-tsuki, if this is the assumption here.
How about this as a question: what is baka-tsuki, why are you paying it money and for what?
Baka-tsuki is a light novel (and I think visual novel) fan-translation community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I have had trouble sleeping recently. I couldn't sleep until 3 or 4am, and I always rouse 3 hours later. Strangely enough, I am not sleepy even with just a few hours of sleep. It's been a week. Anyone cares to guess why?
Insomnia? Are you stressed about something? Too much caffeine?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 20:56   Link #5531
Fuyuno
Banned

Do a Frenchman speak English to communicate with a German if he don't know German language?
Fuyuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 21:07   Link #5532
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

As a German who tried to communicate with French in English and mostly failed, I'd say no... eh maybe.

French may be able to speak English, but will often pretend they can't.

Last edited by Dhomochevsky; 2012-04-08 at 21:46.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 02:15   Link #5533
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
9gag has your soul??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:34   Link #5534
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Well there's a couple of explanation, i don't know the solution through

a) if you don't dream when you sleep, maybe you just get on really good deep sleep, hence a few hours are enough
b) because you always wake up at 7am (?) that's why you always feel awake when you wake up at this time, even after only slept for few hours. But you will feel more tired during the day and may need a nap from time to time. UNless youdon't use much energy during the day
Old 2012-04-09, 06:08   Link #5535
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
Insomnia? Are you stressed about something? Too much caffeine?
Stressed? I am platinum happy right now. It's the easter break after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
9gag has your soul??
haha, I doubt so. I stop reading 9gag long ago. The jokes somehow begin to escape me.

Quote:
Well there's a couple of explanation, i don't know the solution through

a) if you don't dream when you sleep, maybe you just get on really good deep sleep, hence a few hours are enough
b) because you always wake up at 7am (?) that's why you always feel awake when you wake up at this time, even after only slept for few hours. But you will feel more tired during the day and may need a nap from time to time. UNless youdon't use much energy during the day
Errrr, I do walk around quite a bit in the day, and I don't eat much. I have never been a deep sleeper. It takes only a poke to wake me up.

Anyways, thanks for your replies. I guess this happens because I consume green tea in the middle of the night, so probably the caffeine is keeping me awake.

Old 2012-04-09, 11:19   Link #5536
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Not to double post, but I have a question that has been plaguing me. Today is bank holiday in the UK. I read on the local newspaper that each day of bank holidays costs around £2billion. This is not the first time I have come across this sort of figure. Is it true, or is the figure greatly exaggerated?

Old 2012-04-09, 11:23   Link #5537
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:

Errrr, I do walk around quite a bit in the day, and I don't eat much.
I think this is your problem. Sleep is often hard to find if your stomach isn't full Try eating a bit more rice. I've heard it helps with sleep.
Old 2012-04-09, 15:01   Link #5538
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I've had some extremely bad heartburn earlier this morning for like 3 hours, is that really bad or some random one-time thing. I didn't do anything in particular today D:

I don't drink or smoke. I had some fairly extreme cycling trips over the Easter weekends, but if it was from exercise, it would be immediate right, and not today?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 18:11   Link #5539
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I've had some extremely bad heartburn earlier this morning for like 3 hours, is that really bad or some random one-time thing. I didn't do anything in particular today D:

I don't drink or smoke. I had some fairly extreme cycling trips over the Easter weekends, but if it was from exercise, it would be immediate right, and not today?
You probably ate too much, didn't you?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:05   Link #5540
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You probably ate too much, didn't you?
Maybe @__@ But I always eat the same thing for breakfast, which is sandwiches and fruits lol. Which I eat while walking, but it's been my habit for many years.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious