AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-13, 19:47   Link #261
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, I kinda figured that Dofla was talking to Vegapunk (or at least someone who's connected to the good doctor). That would certainly explain how he knew so much inside info about Kuma's pacifista conversion. And yeah, I agree that it's pretty wild to see how Dofla doesn't really give a crap about his Shichibukai status (unlike Hancock, who still intends to keep her position despite also being rowdy herself). I definitely can't wait to see how Oda will build him up after the timeskip.....

BTW, I'm also kinda hoping that we'll finally be introduced to Kaidou next chapter. After all, Drake causing a ruckus in his territory is certainly not something to be sneezed at.
Yeah, I think it's likely someone connected to Vegapunk, not Vegapunk himself, since I think that Vegapunk has better things to do than concern himself with the elimination of a Shichibukai.

And yeah, I hope both Kaidou and Big Momma get introduced next chapter or the ones after that!
Old 2010-08-14, 01:09   Link #262
Slayerx

Quote:
BTW, I'm also kinda hoping that we'll finally be introduced to Kaidou next chapter. After all, Drake causing a ruckus in his territory is certainly not something to be sneezed at.
I HIGHLY doubt we will see the results of Drake's actions anytime soon; or any of the supernova's for that matter... they're side characters and as such his screentime is gonna be severely smaller probably far between... we will probably spend most of Next chapter finding out what each of the strawhat's are doing as part of their continuation plans, as they each get a mini flashback; just like Sanji and Chopper got this last chapter. .. though it might take 2 chapters to get through them all and at the end of the second chapter we will probably get some time with Luffy... and then timeskip... 3rd chapter might show us something like a montage of what's been going on, maybe something else, and then it's time for the reunion... that's my guess anyway
Old 2010-08-14, 05:30   Link #263
Distinction

Thats the problem of having tooooo much interesting things going on . There is just no space and time to show everything unfortunaly.
Old 2010-08-14, 14:25   Link #264
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I HIGHLY doubt we will see the results of Drake's actions anytime soon; or any of the supernova's for that matter... they're side characters and as such his screentime is gonna be severely smaller probably far between...

Note that I didn't say that I wanted to see the effects of Drake's actions right away (I agree that it'll most likely be a good while before we get any more updates on the supernova's NW shenanigans), but I just think it would be neat to get a short scene of Kaidou receiving the news about Drake, that's all. And of course, while I'd prefer if his face were to be fully revealed, I'd even be satisfied if Oda just gave us a silhouette that's more detailed than the one we saw at Water 7. As far as Big Mom goes, I'm really not as anxious to see her as I am Kaidou, mainly because we don't really know anything about her so far (the speculation about her being Lola's mom doesn't really count)......
Old 2010-08-14, 16:23   Link #265
james0246

^We'll see Kaidou's silhouette...as it is cast over Moria's dead body (the implication being that Kaidou finally killed the cockroach Moria)...
Old 2010-08-14, 17:34   Link #266
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I really hope that Kaidou turns out to be a villain. We can't have all of the emperors being on good terms with Luffy. That would make things too easy for him, and he already has enough plot armor and luck on his side.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:23   Link #267
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^We'll see Kaidou's silhouette...as it is cast over Moria's dead body (the implication being that Kaidou finally killed the cockroach Moria)...

Nah, Moria's totally gonna usurp Kaidou's emperor title (after sitting back and watching Luffy kick his ass first, naturally. No need for the gecko to dirty his own hands, after all..... Kiiiishishishishi)

Also, speaking of cockroaches, that reminds me of one of my desires for a future enemy: An Awakened cockroach Zoan. Considering how roaches are probably the most persistent creatures in existence (they can survive decapitation, after all), just imagine how much more frightening they'd be if they had the increased strength and near-limitless stamina of the Awakened beasts. I still stand by the notion that such a creature would be one of the most powerful foes in the series......
Old 2010-08-15, 05:42   Link #268
Distinction

Ye insect Dfs are logical seen the most powerfull or the ones with the most potential. But a full transformation would be ridicolous like crawling on the floor . Insane power but to embarrasing to use.
Old 2010-08-16, 17:07   Link #269
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinction View Post
Ye insect Dfs are logical seen the most powerfull or the ones with the most potential. But a full transformation would be ridicolous like crawling on the floor . Insane power but to embarrasing to use.
And therefore ideal for One Piece
Old 2010-08-16, 23:15   Link #270
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Also, speaking of cockroaches, that reminds me of one of my desires for a future enemy: An Awakened cockroach Zoan. Considering how roaches are probably the most persistent creatures in existence (they can survive decapitation, after all), just imagine how much more frightening they'd be if they had the increased strength and near-limitless stamina of the Awakened beasts. I still stand by the notion that such a creature would be one of the most powerful foes in the series......
No offense but realistically I think we would see a female character in this position. As what Kishi has done before, females have the "glamor" DF abilities. Cockroaches are much cleaner than humans and all so I think this is where that would go. It would be hilarious if Nami got it; then she'd be able to resist the most horrible storms :P, fly and actually be useful in a fight!

... (BTW Where are the spoilers :? )
Old 2010-08-18, 02:58   Link #271
kiak666

Looks like spoilers are out

Spoiler for Chapter 596:
Old 2010-08-18, 07:01   Link #272
marvelB

Well, it's been a long wait, but here's the new thread.
Closed Thread