AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-01-11, 13:47   Link #721
entei08

Don't know if anyone pointed it out, this year is 10 years anniversary for Railgun manga, so it might be something related. Although the editor did say Railgun 3 will not come before Index 3. Personally I think it's neither, might just be an OVA.

Honestly, I seriously doubt anyone in Dengeki thought when they announced HO anime, that "OMG THIS IS GONNA SELL!". Just look at all the promotions it got (not) before and during the on-air period. At this point I don't think any anime adaptation of Kamachi's works can even manage half of what the toaru anime did at their lowest, at least not with the shitty marketing move they did with HO. I mean frigging lame pos like Hundred and the stunning visual disaster that was Qualidea Code sold better than HO. I didn't even expect it to become like how Accel World was to SAO, maybe just half of it, but god did Dengeki screw up.

The people in Dengeki surely knows the other Kamachi series were a niche thing to begin with, yet they still did HO, so in a way it could be a good thing where anything goes.

In short, as long as it's not some pachinko, vending machine or mobile game level of crap then I'm all ears. Yes to all possible manga, novel works and ofc anime, but not the half assed marketing that may come with it (if it indeed is an anime).
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 14:56   Link #722
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum18 View Post
Right, things it can't be.

Blood Sign anime (Reason being there is no Manga to go with it, if it was getting an anime. it would have gotten a manga already to go with it)

Heavy Object II (Season 1 flop and I don't think they would dare try again, after what happen in 2014)

Accel Anime (First arc is not over yet and its way too soon)

Thing's it could be:

New LN series (However, the last time we got a new LN'S series by Kazuma, it never said oh big project)

Something Random (It will most likely be this if you don't believe in the dream)

Index III (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLZ BE THIS)
What if it's a crossover like Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On except with a really big series.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 15:50   Link #723
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
@LevelSeven
How about you use your brain? First arc isn't even over.
Railgun furst season wasnt bad despite half of it being filler :/

And in accels case they could have even far better ones, to boot, the manga doesnt need to be finished,kanachi simply needs to tell how the arc will end so that it can be animated
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 17:36   Link #724
Callum18
Fukou da

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Don't know if anyone pointed it out, this year is 10 years anniversary for Railgun manga, so it might be something related. Although the editor did say Railgun 3 will not come before Index 3. Personally I think it's neither, might just be an OVA.

Honestly, I seriously doubt anyone in Dengeki thought when they announced HO anime, that "OMG THIS IS GONNA SELL!". Just look at all the promotions it got (not) before and during the on-air period. At this point I don't think any anime adaptation of Kamachi's works can even manage half of what the toaru anime did at their lowest, at least not with the shitty marketing move they did with HO. I mean frigging lame pos like Hundred and the stunning visual disaster that was Qualidea Code sold better than HO. I didn't even expect it to become like how Accel World was to SAO, maybe just half of it, but god did Dengeki screw up.

The people in Dengeki surely knows the other Kamachi series were a niche thing to begin with, yet they still did HO, so in a way it could be a good thing where anything goes.

In short, as long as it's not some pachinko, vending machine or mobile game level of crap then I'm all ears. Yes to all possible manga, novel works and ofc anime, but not the half assed marketing that may come with it (if it indeed is an anime).
What makes you think its neither O.O?

I still think there was no plans of any more anime seasons of Index and Railgun after S and the movie, but after what happen with HO they thought otherwise.

I also believe unless Index III happens first, any other of Kamchi seires that do get an anime will meet the same fate as HO.

If only Index III happen back in 2014, then maybe HO won't have flop ):.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.

Last edited by Callum18; 2017-01-11 at 18:57.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 19:53   Link #725
KiharaRonin

Quote:
What makes you think its neither O.O?

I still think there was no plans of any more anime seasons of Index and Railgun after S and the movie, but after what happen with HO they thought otherwise.

I also believe unless Index III happens first, any other of Kamchi seires that do get an anime will meet the same fate as HO.

If only Index III happen back in 2014, then maybe HO won't have flop ):.
First off, you know my brother, Callum.

Also why would Heavy Object not flop if Index III came out in 2014.
Old 2017-01-11, 20:11   Link #726
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post

And in accels case they could have even far better ones, to boot, the manga doesnt need to be finished,kanachi simply needs to tell how the arc will end so that it can be animated
There is a chance of a Accel Anime because it already bet said that volume 7 of the Accel manga will be the cilmax of the current arc I think it was said at the end of Volume 6.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 20:55   Link #727
Callum18
Fukou da

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
First off, you know my brother, Callum.

Also why would Heavy Object not flop if Index III came out in 2014.
Heavy Object most likely flopped due to the backlash and heartbreak from the 2014 Fall Fest where they hype the fans to the very max on top of having Index, Touma's and Misaka VA's on the stage.

With all the hype and build-up manny fans were 99% sure it was Index III only for them to get slap in the face with Heavy Object. It was like a kid hoping he would get a PS4 for XMAS only to get a PS2. The whole thing was so painful that the fans most likely boycott Heavy Object as a revenge act for the whole mess which kind of sucks.

Had it be Index III however, the hype would have overshadowed any later disappoint with Heavy Object. Fans would have took it as a icing on the cake, rather then the cake itself and in return Heavy Object would have fair much better. It was such a mistake and poorly done on Dengeki's part to be fair.

If this Big Project is Index III, it's most likely being done to get back what they lost on Heavy Object and to say Yea we mess up, here take Index III and shut the hell up about it.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Old 2017-01-11, 20:58   Link #728
bakato

Quote:
Heavy Object most likely flopped due to the backlash and heartbreak from the 2014 Fall Fest where they hype the fans to the very max on top of having Index, Touma's and Misaka VA's on the stage.

Manny fans were 99% sure it was Index III only for them to get slap in the face with Heavy Object. It was like a kid hoping he would get a PS4 for XMAS only to get a PS2. The whole thing was so painful that the fans most likely boycott Heavy Object as a revenge act for the whole thing which kind of sucks.

Had it be Index III however, the hype would have overshadowed any later disappoint with Heavy Object. Fans would have took it has a icing on the cake, rather then the cake itself and in return Heavy Object would have fair much better. It was such a mistake and poorly done on Dengeki's part.

If this Big Project is Index III, it most likely being done to get back what they lost on Heavy Object and to say Yea we mess up, here take Index III and shut the hell up about it.
Really? Heavy Object flopped because it wasn't Index III? Would fans really go so far?
Old 2017-01-11, 21:47   Link #729
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:

That piece of shit derailed the characters, shafted them and retconned events, but fine for you if you liked it, still a pos.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 22:00   Link #730
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Really? Heavy Object flopped because it wasn't Index III? Would fans really go so far?
The 10th anniversary was a huge marketing fiasco if not the worst I've ever seen(it didn't help HO itself barely had any publicity as it was abandoned afterwards until a week before it aired).

It was the opposite of Code Geass third season.
Any fan on the west at this point should know of this.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 23:40   Link #731
Callum18
Fukou da

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The 10th anniversary was a huge marketing fiasco if not the worst I've ever seen(it didn't help HO itself barely had any publicity as it was abandoned afterwards until a week before it aired).

It was the opposite of Code Geass third season.
Any fan on the west at this point should know of this.
^^This^^

The outrage of it not being Index III petty much put any non-hard-core Kamchi fan off the series. Some anime only Index fans did not really care about it ether and some people find the the series very unwatchable at first, due to the amount of hentai moments there were in the first half. The series only got better after the 2nd half where the hentai moments were tone down.

Which makes me more believe this Project is Index III, given what we know. Both Miki and Abe (Touma's VA) both said don't give up on Index III and its possible in 2015 and 2016. I don't think Kazuma Kamchi or Dengeki would dare pull a 2nd 10th Anniversary on us, and I can't see what else could be a big project outside of Index III. Also, the news has already got anime fans going crazy again since 2014 both in the west and Japan, It would be dumb if it was something random with this amount of hype already.

Old 2017-01-12, 11:26   Link #732
vixyw

Oh damn, here we go again... is this the 3rd time already?
*sigh* Fine Kamachi, I'll play by your rules one more time. I would like to say that I won't hold my breath, but unfortunately, I can't help but feel excited at every small glim of hope. Even though I know I'm in for disappointment.

Looking at the other side of the coin: if they were to make a third season, how would they do it? The amount of material they need to cover to avoid being too short and avoid a stupid cliffhanger is too much for 24 episodes, specially if you count the "side stories" that becomes important in NT. I honestly fear that they decide to rush things up and the story turn into a mess like DxD 3rd season or Shakugan 3rd season . What could work imo:

-Ignore the side material and go all the way to the end of WW3. Needs 30 ep at least or will be rushed.

-Ignore the side material and stop right after OT 19. Would fit in about 24-26 eps, but there is the cliffhanger. They could do a movie for WW3 later, but hoping for that would be pushing our luck way too far.

- Do the first half of what's left of OT + material from North Mythology and SP volume. Wouldn't be enough to fill a whole season, and the wait for a 4th one would kill us all (since OT animated would be enough, hoping for NT would be too much right now ).
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 11:46   Link #733
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixyw View Post
-Ignore the side material and go all the way to the end of WW3. Needs 30 ep at least or will be rushed.
it actually would work woth 24 episodes quite well,
of course the general feel of "a lot is left out" will always be present but the main plot would be included,

looking at it, with OT13 getting 2 and OT14 getting 3 they would be good enough, than OT15 with 3, OT16 with 2, OT17/18 with 4, with OT19 getting 3,
this all would result in 17 episodes,
OT20 gets 2, OT21 gets 2 and OT 22 gets 3...
all in all 24 episodes
Old 2017-01-12, 11:59   Link #734
vixyw

Quote:
it actually would work woth 24 episodes quite well,
of course the general feel of "a lot is left out" will always be present but the main plot would be included,

looking at it, with OT13 getting 2 and OT14 getting 3 they would be good enough, than OT15 with 3, OT16 with 2, OT17/18 with 4, with OT19 getting 3,
this all would result in 17 episodes,
OT20 gets 2, OT21 gets 2 and OT 22 gets 3...
all in all 24 episodes
I dunno... usually a volume takes around 3 to 5 episodes, 2 would be too short. As far as I can remember, the only exceptions were the Remanent - which was a short book, so no damage was made, and OT11 that got... how many was it? A single ep? But it was never THAT important plot wise, just a breather before the climax.

And you are counting out the SS2... I mean, if SS1 made the cut, SS2 should as well, right?
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 12:50   Link #735
LevelSeven

Quote:
And you are counting out the SS2... I mean, if SS1 made the cut, SS2 should as well, right?
i dont think it would have any importance for the overall plot even if it is left out, exspecially since there is already enough content
Old 2017-01-12, 15:16   Link #736
KiharaRonin

SS2 has the Gemstones who are talked about later and introduces Ollerus and Silvia. If they do adapt this volume then mentioning Gemstones in the future would be weird.
Old 2017-01-12, 15:18   Link #737
KiharaRonin

Quote:
I dunno... usually a volume takes around 3 to 5 episodes, 2 would be too short. As far as I can remember, the only exceptions were the Remanent - which was a short book, so no damage was made, and OT11 that got... how many was it? A single ep? But it was never THAT important plot wise, just a breather before the climax.

OT11 was three episodes. Also to some other people, Ot 13 was already adapted and WW3 could probably be 9 episodes.
Old 2017-01-12, 16:27   Link #738
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

It's important to note that things will be left out regardless including entire plot points like the serial killer back in Angel Fall, so instead of debating what should be included, you should rather debate what might not be necessary in the anime. Otherwise we can sit here all week debating about potential organisation, but it's not like we're the committee or the studio, so it'd be a sheer loss of a time. All we can do is brace ourselves to be disappointed if we have unrealistic expectations.

Let me give you all a little reality check here.

The problem with Index III isn't how they're going to adapt everything, it's how the fans are going to react to the harsh reality that not everything can be adapted perfectly and some concessions will have to be made for a smooth anime experience that will bring in sales for both the anime and the light novels which are suffering from the sheer length of the series without a popular name like "Naruto" to back it up. Even if they try their best, things may not fit into a third season alone so we could potentially be faced with the problem of a fourth season or, as mentioned previously, a movie (even if it is unlikely) which means further investment for possibly not as much benefit. I can see why no one's really sure what's going on or what to do with the franchise right now considering all the risks that come with the project itself from Invasion on out. They have to keep the anime-viewers in mind too, not just you guys debating "CAN WE FIT EVERYTHING INCLUDING SS2??????".

Adapting Index III was never as easy as just giving the greenlight and that's not going to change. High expectations are eventually going to be this franchise's downfall.

If it is true that people boycotted Heavy Object because it wasn't Index III, then likewise it can be expected that people will boycott buying Index III if it doesn't fit every expectation of every fan who doesn't care enough to realise that anime is a medium of its own and can't be a 1:1 adaptation. If you guys really want Index III, then I hope you're all preparing to support it no matter what to ensure they'll at least see the worth in adapting all of Old Testament rather than prepare to be displeased if it's not literally the light novel moving with voice acting.

...That's assuming they're not trolling us with this announcement again.
Old 2017-01-12, 18:02   Link #739
DragonXX

Quote:
Oh damn, here we go again... is this the 3rd time already?
*sigh* Fine Kamachi, I'll play by your rules one more time. I would like to say that I won't hold my breath, but unfortunately, I can't help but feel excited at every small glim of hope. Even though I know I'm in for disappointment.

Looking at the other side of the coin: if they were to make a third season, how would they do it? The amount of material they need to cover to avoid being too short and avoid a stupid cliffhanger is too much for 24 episodes, specially if you count the "side stories" that becomes important in NT. I honestly fear that they decide to rush things up and the story turn into a mess like DxD 3rd season or Shakugan 3rd season . What could work imo:

-Ignore the side material and stop right after OT 19. Would fit in about 24-26 eps, but there is the cliffhanger. They could do a movie for WW3 later, but hoping for that would be pushing our luck way too far.

- Do the first half of what's left of OT + material from North Mythology and SP volume. Wouldn't be enough to fill a whole season, and the wait for a 4th one would kill us all (since OT animated would be enough, hoping for NT would be too much right now ).
If I was making season 3 I would do it in one of two ways. The first would make it 36-40 episode even if at the 24 to 26 episode mark stop there for a season or two and start the others episodes.

The other way I would do it is to make season 3 cover the event of OT14-16,SS2, finish the stuff from SS1,Norse Mythology SS, Necessarius SS and SP and make a Season 4 that cover OT17-OT22 and maybe also Railgun SS2. Of couse Season 3 would end at the end of OT16.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2017-01-12 at 18:13.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 22:39   Link #740
Callum18
Fukou da

If this big project is Index III (I personally think it is due to I can't see Kamchi or Dengeki slapping the fans faces again, not with how much hype this tease has already cause) I think they will cover all of OT and call it a day for the Index anime. The ending of OT is a perfect way to get people to buy NT anyway.