AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-18, 05:19   Link #601
NG_Zhang

Aki is a great woman.

"sorry , I'm gone,sorry"

Last edited by NG_Zhang; 2007-11-18 at 05:36.
NG_Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 08:09   Link #602
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

For me this section was kinda the turning point where I stopped rolling my eyes at the manga chapters thinking it was only loli-fanservice. After that I went back and reread the first parts and there defiantly was alot that I was missing due to prejudice about the material.
shame that a lot of people wont get to that stage before dismissing it as being just loli service

rewatched and almost cried so more O.O

its moments like theres which makes me think about what reiji is really trying to prove...to him rin is her daughter yet he is still thinking about "other" things...O.O

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 09:08   Link #603
NG_Zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
shame that a lot of people wont get to that stage before dismissing it as being just loli service

its moments like theres which makes me think about what reiji is really trying to prove...to him rin is her daughter yet he is still thinking about "other" things...O.O
He IS thinking about some "other " things. Rin is also aware the changes in Reiji's mind.
Old 2007-11-18, 09:09   Link #604
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Wow, S.S.S. subs came out of nowhere with three eps at once.

Ep 5 is nice with the whole rivalry thing between Hoin sensei and Rin. I wonder why Aoki has no romantic interest on her tho'. I mean he never dated and all so to have a hot and kind woman like Hoin sensei around should get him interested at least. Maybe he is a closet lolicon, lmao

Ep 6 is definitely different, compared to loli fanservice dominated previous eps. I feel for Reiji and hope that he won't turn pedo later on. For Rin's sake, he should find a woman or something instead of dwelling in the past. This also goes to Aoki who should just date Hoin sensei and make Rin stay away for good.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 09:14   Link #605
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
Wow, S.S.S. subs came out of nowhere with three eps at once.

Ep 5 is nice with the whole rivalry thing between Hoin sensei and Rin. I wonder why Aoki has no romantic interest on her tho'. I mean he never dated and all so to have a hot and kind woman like Hoin sensei around should get him interested at least. Maybe he is a closet lolicon, lmao
Maybe one of the reasons he never dated is that he's just that terrible at reading signals, and about the only way Hoin-sensei will get him is by clubbing him over the head and dragging him back to her lair.

Or maybe he's just too busy with his job to even think about romance. It's not easy, being a new teacher.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 09:47   Link #606
mdauben

Quote:
I wonder why Aoki has no romantic interest on her tho'. I mean he never dated and all so to have a hot and kind woman like Hoin sensei around should get him interested at least.
I think, like many anime males, he is just too clueless to pick up on Hoin's interest.

Quote:
For Rin's sake, he should find a woman or something instead of dwelling in the past. This also goes to Aoki who should just date Hoin sensei and make Rin stay away for good.
The problem is, that would leave Rin "abandoned" by both the men in her life, something which I don't think she could deal with at this point, given her fragile emotional state (and it is fragile, given how easily Aoki can hurt her, without meaning to).

Obviously, unless Aoki is willing to wait 10-12 years for Rin to grow up, nothing truely romantic can come of Rin's releationship with Aoki. Still he is going to need to be there for her for quite a while yet before she can heal and grow enough to have a more normal "father/daughter" or "big brother/little sister" fashion relationship with him and accept another woman in his life.

Just my 2¢
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 22:41   Link #607
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_Zhang View Post
Aki is a great woman.

"sorry , I'm gone,sorry"
Aki is a great mother....
Spoiler for spoiler 6 of TV series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Hahaha true, these days the issue of loli in general is pretty sensitive.

Spoiler for episode 6:

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 03:33   Link #608
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
The problem is, that would leave Rin "abandoned" by both the men in her life, something which I don't think she could deal with at this point, given her fragile emotional state (and it is fragile, given how easily Aoki can hurt her, without meaning to).

Obviously, unless Aoki is willing to wait 10-12 years for Rin to grow up, nothing truely romantic can come of Rin's releationship with Aoki. Still he is going to need to be there for her for quite a while yet before she can heal and grow enough to have a more normal "father/daughter" or "big brother/little sister" fashion relationship with him and accept another woman in his life.

Just my 2¢
Rin still has Kagami and Mimi. I'm sure they will support each other. She was fine before Aoki becomes their new teacher so she should be fine then. The only current problem is the two guys who are in danger of becoming pedos. Hopefully they will not stray from the path until the end
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 03:39   Link #609
Mef

Quote:
two guys who are in danger of becoming pedos.

didn't I say that before? you can't "become" a pedo much like you can't become gay
so the the only "danger" would be one of them doing something illegal , but I don't think this will happen

Spoiler for manga:
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 03:53   Link #610
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have to side with Mef here for the most part. "pedo" is a slang term for a psychological description of a sexual orientation. The tendency is likely to be 'wired from birth' though actualization may vary considerably. Of course, its more complicated but I don't feel like typing an essay when a few moments of Googling/Wiki would provide much more information.

Besides, this.. is.. a story of fiction with animated drawings. Though it has some aspects of one form of "lolicon" -- the focus of the story is on psychological drama. Its not going to "make" anyone anything other than emotionally involved with the story.
Old 2007-11-19, 04:19   Link #611
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Did some people forget their sense of humor in the bed this morning?
Old 2007-11-19, 06:50   Link #612
mdauben

Quote:
Rin still has Kagami and Mimi. I'm sure they will support each other. She was fine before Aoki becomes their new teacher so she should be fine then.
Actualy, I don't think she was fine before he became their teacher.
Spoiler for Rin:
The support of her two friends had certainly helped Rin, but she still had serious problems that (given the story being set up in the anime/manga) I expect only Aoki is going to be able to cure.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-11-19 at 07:17.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 07:18   Link #613
NG_Zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Actualy, I don't think she was fine before he became their teacher.
Spoiler for Rin:
The support of her two friends had certainly helped Rin, but she still had serious problems that (given the story being set up in the anime/manga) I expect only Aoki is going to be able to cure.
Spoiler:

Actually ,I'm very worried about Rin's future.

Last edited by NG_Zhang; 2007-11-19 at 09:09.
Old 2007-11-20, 15:42   Link #614
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Just saw Episode 04. I like how in this S.S.S version everybody has different fonts for their voices, kind of like how the one group did Higurashi and how Rin and Mimi share a similiar font colour, but Kagami's is this ghastly black and blue colour. I'm assuming it's the colour of the characters hair that determines the font, same as with Higurashi, but man is that ever fitting regardless.

Anyway, I remember this chapter from the manga, although I recall Rin being a lot more pissed off in the manga then she was here.

And Episode 5 was like a soap opera depending on how you look at it. Aoki cheats on Rin with Hoin (in her view) Rin cheats on Kagami (in her view) and Reiji and Mimi are bystanders. Originally their was a sort of implied rivalry between Hoin and Rin, but they still got the whole Rin drawing Aoki further into her web thing down. If there's such a thing as a winner in these kinds of relationships, then everyone lost but Rin, as he wanted to be with Hoin, Kagami and Mimi wanted to be with Rin and so did Reiji, while Rin wanted to be with Aoki and was. Dangerous girl. I also like the doorbell tradition the girls had and had to laugh at S.S.S's breaktime explanation of the difference between loli and lolicon. Apparently the best examples are Rie Kugimiya as a loli voice, and some dude as a lolicon.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-11-20 at 16:10.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 17:54   Link #615
Moridin

I´ve feelt from the start that SOMETIMES there is more to this show then just the moe /loli, and that´s mainly what has been driving me to watch it. So this ep was like a proof to me that I was right, and that it was worth the time I spent watching it i just read that it will only be 12 episodes long?! I know absolutly nothing about this show so that makes me wounder where they are trying to go with this... but, after this episode, I´m sure I will stick around to find out

edit: I forgot to say that the way they coulor episode 6 is fantastic! It really gives you the sensation of how memories work, where some easily noticible thing gets more stuck and other things fade away. great music aswell. well, amost everything about this episode was great . loved the scene with all those "folded birds" (have forgotten the name right now) on the floor... so sad
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 18:57   Link #616
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Where they can possibly go with only six episodes left is really tugging at me.

Hard not to see an ambiguous go-nowhere ending ahead.
Old 2007-11-21, 00:20   Link #617
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I rather see an open ending, so they stick to the manga and then they (I hope) could release the rest of the story in OVA format. Wishful thinking, I know.

There might not be enough material for a second season, since, based on Watashiya Kaworu's list of works, she seems to keep her stories below 4 volumes*, so KnJ (manga) might be near its end.

*the only exception seems to be Chibo to Boku, but that seems to be something she works on whether she has other projects going on or not.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 00:32   Link #618
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
I rather see an open ending, so they stick to the manga and then they (I hope) could release the rest of the story in OVA format. Wishful thinking, I know.

There might not be enough material for a second season, since, based on Watashiya Kaworu's list of works, she seems to keep her stories below 4 volumes*, so KnJ (manga) might be near its end.

*the only exception seems to be Chibo to Boku, but that seems to be something she works on whether she has other projects going on or not.
Lol I too am hoping for an opening ending. If they a closed ending, it will be dissapointing for the manga... True there isn't enough chapters to make a second season as of now.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-11-21, 00:56   Link #619
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'd rather see an "anone..." ending, continued on OVA with explicit adult loli content. With 18kin (NC17, no minors) label on it.

Hey, a guy can wish right?
Old 2007-11-21, 01:02   Link #620
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'd rather see an "anone..." ending, continued on OVA with explicit adult loli content. With 18kin (NC17, no minors) label on it.

Hey, a guy can wish right?
Yes , anyone can wish.

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen