AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-11-03, 10:37   Link #3501
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
y'know i am beginning to wonder if lise is the final boss and everything that cain has done till now has been under her orders
Something like that is right up Valvrave's alley. The show has a rep of surprising people, so Lise being the Lasboss would be quite a shocker & would make for a good plot twist...lol
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 10:43   Link #3502
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Something like that is right up Valvrave's alley. The show has a rep of surprising people, so Lise being the Lasboss would be quite a shocker & would make for a good plot twist...lol
it would also be the reason why she disintegrates in the opening, its symbolizes the loss of the innocent light that l-elf sees her in
Old 2013-11-03, 10:50   Link #3503
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
it would also be the reason why she disintegrates in the opening, its symbolizes the loss of the innocent light that l-elf sees her in
Oh, good eye. Yea, that would make complete sense. The symbolism of her turning into light & shattering could either be L-Elf's perception of her being crushed or a death flag or maybe even both.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 12:02   Link #3504
Kurohane

I doubt Lisselotte is a villain, though of course that's just my opinion. From what I interpreted from that scene is that she gives her support to New JIOR, though she lacks any power to actually aid them.
Old 2013-11-03, 14:20   Link #3505
Irenesharda

I don't think she's the villain either, simply for the fact that if she was, they wouldn't have revealed it so early. This is her first real appearance that is not in flashback, if they really wanted to make her the ultimate boss, they would have kept her sweet and innocent until later in the show when she would reveal her true colors to have the maximum impact.

The more I think about it, the more I think her appearance her was a red herring, a way for us to begin to suspect her, only for the real truth to be revealed later.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 14:43   Link #3506
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Someone from SeventhStyle (the site where I mostly work as a writter for anime reviews) tell me that a show like Valvrave that started to become good only halfway into the series is the sign of "subparity" but I really don't think that's much the issue since season one is introduction season and the second story only started to get in the boot, I'm really starting to feel a bit hesitated about the story direction.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 15:07   Link #3507
Kurohane

People are always going to say what they think they know. Let the show itself prove its worth.
Old 2013-11-06, 09:15   Link #3508
zztop

Does anyone know how popular Valvrave is among the Japanese fandom?

Because shows like Kill la Kill seem to be getting a lot of attention plus super-good fanart, while Valvrave seems to get rather subpar-looking sketches.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 21:17   Link #3509
Key Board
Carbon

Kill La Kill is definitely more popular

Valvrave is.. polarizing
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 21:27   Link #3510
MeggieMay

Ok, after today's rune info dump, I just wanted to say that this plotline reminds me of Anne McCaffrey's The Crystal Singer books. The idea of doing something that extends your life, while making you lose your memories, was a main plot point in those books. It doesn't work the same way in Valvrave as it does in the books (for one thing, The Crystal Singer isn't about Mecha's )but it's similar enough to make me think someone might have read the first book at least. McCaffrey was a major SF writer in the 20th Century and her works have been alluded to in other anime I've seen, so I believe she is a known author in Japan. I don't think using a similar theme to these books is a bad thing but I did think it was interesting that they are so similar thematically on this issue .
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 04:15   Link #3511
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

So late!

Okay, here I’d say at this point that both Dorsia and Jior both shared the same purpose of harvesting runes as to stashing away livestock or the utilization of modified humans though, these nations had different objectives apparently. The magius are the real evil that governs the world from the shadows, and they toy with humans, using them to satisfy their needs and treating them like nothing but a food. They manipulate and create chaos within human affairs through the use of surrogates or vessels, and this can only happen if a magius ever posses someone and steal that person’s dentity.

This just me, but the temporary partnership with the Dorssian Royalists is ********. That’s a ploy to get their attentions diverted with the given information as to that phantom sub, a maneuver to commence their insidious mission in space. Cain, the kamitsuki… I can’t say he’s a holy spirit, had seen this coming. Well, he knew that someday H-Neun would betray him and L Elf would screw up their plans. As luck would not have it, the new food source this time would be the people from the Sakimori high or probably all people on the moon. Given that the Sakimori student have great aptitude on piloting a Valvrave, they are still humans, much less they are young, healthy and have a lot of good memories together as well tragic ones. They are indeed the best source of runes since Pino also find these modified JIORians delectable unlike L-Elf who kinda makes her feel sick.
Old 2013-11-09, 04:45   Link #3512
Key Board
Carbon

I've thought about the possibility of Magius intentionally leaking information

but if they did, I'm sure they would at least secure the rune supplies on board
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 03:53   Link #3513
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I've thought about the possibility of Magius intentionally leaking information

but if they did, I'm sure they would at least secure the rune supplies on board
They probably wouldn't mind losing or sacrificing theirs if they will profit on something much bigger.
Old 2013-11-24, 19:48   Link #3514
Javiersansano

The new ending just made me think that Haruto *will die*
Spoiler for ending:
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 20:46   Link #3515
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
The new ending just made me think that Haruto *will die*
Spoiler for ending:
I consider it synonymous of Haruto and L-elf floating in space without space suits in the OP.
Old 2013-12-01, 08:50   Link #3516
zztop

How many eps will Season 2 be having? 12?

Because there are still quite a lot of plot threads to tie up in 4 more eps, I think.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 13:44   Link #3517
Kurohane

Season 2 will have 12 episodes like the first season. Four episodes are left. With the remaining plot threads, a third season is highly likely.
Old 2013-12-02, 10:59   Link #3518
HighGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Season 2 will have 12 episodes like the first season. Four episodes are left. With the remaining plot threads, a third season is highly likely.
haha. I came in here wondering that myself. I'm wondering if Valvrave is a 52 episode series after all.
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 11:42   Link #3519
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
haha. I came in here wondering that myself. I'm wondering if Valvrave is a 52 episode series after all.
I don't know about a whole 52, but at least I'm hoping a 36-48. Actually, I'm thinking that they might cut it off here, and then start an actual, official second season (this is really just the second half of the first season) with a new subtitle and a time skip. We'll then be seeing our characters and their fight going on in the future, as well as more about this very long-lasting empire that they built. And if they actually do that, it would be one of the extreme few Sunrise mecha series that has reached this far into space.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 12:40   Link #3520
Raxnom
気疲れ

I more of interested what will Haruto do after this Magius stunt. He strikes me the type of guy that is like a fire. Difficult to fire him up, however if done successfully the whole forest could burn. Future will show if Magius successfully did that.

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire