AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: What is/are your favorite bishoujo game based anime series?
Final Approach 23 39.66%
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~ 4 6.90%
Kakyuusei 2 ~Hitomi no Nakano Shoujo Tachi~ 6 10.34%
Kita he ~Diamond Dust Drops~ 11 18.97%
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha 15 25.86%
To Heart ~ Remember my Memories~ 16 27.59%
Tsuki wa Higashi ni, Hi wa Nishi ni ~ Operation Sanctuary~ (Hanihani) 6 10.34%
W ~Wish~ 7 12.07%
Wind -a breath of Heart- 14 24.14%
Yumeria 12 20.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-12-12, 07:54   Link #1
bluemist
i am the mist

Post Vote for your favorite 2004 dating sim game based anime series!

Well, maybe it's that time once again to vote for your favorite bishoujo game based anime series of the year.

EDIT: Well sorry for some confusion, the title should have been changed from 'bishoujo game' to 'dating sim game', because some of the poll entries do not count as a bishoujo game (I think). But alas I neither can change the title nor the polls anymore, so....

Results from last year here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=3030

While the number has increased again, I don't think any of these series had the impact that some series of this type gave me from last year (Da Capo and Kiminozo... such powerhouses). Next year though might be a big one, with AIR coming out and also a sequel to Raimuiro Senkitan.

If I missed something or I am wrong that it shouldn't be included, please tell me. Take note that I featured only anime TV series in the polls, because it only has a limit of 10. Anyone who likes the OVA's like Akane Maniax may also express their thoughts by posting.

This time my favorites are:

To Heart ~ Remember my Memories~ - YES! The sequel to my most favorite anime of this genre ever! Although for me it had some shortcomings (inconsistency of art, male lead became too overacting), nevertheless it is a worthy sequel, and HMX-12 Multi fans are sure to be delighted.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (spinoff from Triangle Heart) - A mahou-shoujo anime done bishoujo style, that's Nanoha! Nanoha is a character from a Triangle Heart game, and just like Komugi-chan from the Soultaker anime, she got her own spinoff series. Generally fine and reportedly is getting better and better every episode!

Wind -a breath of Heart- - It was supposed to turn the tide to be the next devastating anime of this type in terms of drama, but the 12-minutes per episode format is seemingly not enough. Thankfully I think there will be DVD-only episodes coming, to fill up the gaps and answer some questions. I am quite delighted to see this turned to anime, because Hikari is always cool.

Last edited by bluemist; 2004-12-12 at 16:22.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 08:00   Link #2
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

My Favorites are Yumeria, Nanoha, and Wind -a breath of heart-
Mostly just because of the art style, or the light-hearted and enjoyable stories (while still having drama).
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 11:50   Link #3
Archuka
A territory most absolute

A few of those I haven't seen, but the only one I think I will finish is Kakyuusei 2. This year wasn't even remotely as good as 2003.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 13:48   Link #4
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Hrm, I cannot actually say I like just one of them, they all appeal to me in different ways (the ones I saw), and the only one I was more disappointed over was To Heart. It just didn't quite fit, but I did still enjoy it.

Kinda hard for me to decide...as for Akane Maniax, I'd probably add that to the 2005 list considering the bulk of the show will run from middle of next year. But alas, I'm a KGNE-a-holic, and I tend to like everything Age makes for it
Old 2004-12-12, 13:58   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... Harukanaru Toki no Naka de is a bishoujo game? I think it's a shoujo manga with bishounens?

My favorite is definitely Kita He ~Diamond Dust Drops~, actually I consider it one of the best animes this year. It truly stands out from all the other titles in terms of depth, realism and emotions.

Next is Kakyuusei 2, very unique to say the least.

For bishoujo game related animes, I think Futakoi is shaping up to be a very nice surprise, albeit the anime actually comes before the game... but seeing Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~ is there...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 16:15   Link #6
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... Harukanaru Toki no Naka de is a bishoujo game? I think it's a shoujo manga with bishounens?
Oof.

Actually... Harukanaru is a 'bishounen' game??? Whoa!

Anyway sorry if I was wrong there, but there are actually games for Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, and that those came first before the manga.

But heck it wouldn't count as a bishoujo game for me, sorry 'bout that.

The poll should have been about dating sims instead of bishoujo games this time. I'm quite wrong.

Last edited by bluemist; 2004-12-12 at 16:26.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 16:36   Link #7
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Oof.

Actually... Harukanaru is a 'bishounen' game??? Whoa!

Anyway sorry if I was wrong there, but there are actually games for Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, and that those came first before the manga.

But heck it wouldn't count as a bishoujo game for me, sorry 'bout that.

The poll should have been about dating sims instead of bishoujo games this time. I'm quite wrong.
then there should be Meine Liebe on it too Ludwig-sama!!!!
Old 2004-12-12, 16:51   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I guess I'll have to go with final approach and w-wish. I would have voted for wind a breath of heart, but the akward way they handled the ending cost it my vote.
Old 2004-12-12, 20:35   Link #9
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Of those listed, I currently like HaniHani the most, Yumeria gets to be on the second place, and the new To Heart series and Final Approach get a tie for the third place.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 20:39   Link #10
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I guess I'll have to go with final approach and w-wish. I would have voted for wind a breath of heart, but the akward way they handled the ending cost it my vote.
well, maybe you should wait for the 4 unaired DVD episodes to come out?

The DVD box 2 is on sale on 10th December, wondering anyone here got it yet
Old 2004-12-12, 22:01   Link #11
7thMethuselah

I haven't seen all of them but two names come up

1. Yumeria : even though the story was worthless, this was a very very enjoyable anime, the characters made up for all the faults yumeria had, besides it was refreshing to have a no loser-boy in a harem anime.

2. Kita-He ~DDD : Different from most anime's it was refreshing and enjoyable, although a bit slow at times, but slow is good

Biggest dissapointment

To Heart 2 : Being a big fan of the first season, TH2 was dissapointing in many ways, the animation being a big factor, but also the main characters suddenly having a different personality and alot of focus on one character. I'm still watching it but it doesn't grab me like the first season did. Maybe I just expected toomuch of it.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 22:13   Link #12
ramune

I'll have to agree with dreamless and say Kita he is the best one. Actually I watched it because he promoted it whenever he had the chance, and I'm glad I did.

Although Final Approach is a decent one also.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:27   Link #13
bluemist
i am the mist

Bumping... more votes anyone?

I haven't watched Kita he before but since you guys recommend it so much I'll wanna give it a go...
Old 2004-12-16, 01:48   Link #14
Thelastguardian

This is a differcult choose as there are only one or two 'good' series this year; maybe Final Approach, but nothing else.

Last year was such a good year for bishoujo game series *sob* .

Too bad DearS is not bishoujo game base.
Old 2004-12-16, 22:39   Link #15
shadowplay
passive observer

Honestly I think the only relatively good bishoujo show this year was Kita He DDD, everything else seemed subpar. Wind BOH showed some promise, but ended up really messy (case of missing episodes?). Yumeria was kinda cute but not much else. I'm still having little bit of hope in Kakyuusei 2.

Hope 2005 will be much better starting with Air. What other shows are coming besides Raimuiro X and Shuffle? I know Fate/Stay Night was rumored.

edit: Oh yes, Izumo is coming in 2005 too.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 00:24   Link #16
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Too bad DearS is not bishoujo game base.
Yes, it actually is...
Old 2004-12-17, 19:41   Link #17
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

Hope 2005 will be much better starting with Air. What other shows are coming besides Raimuiro X and Shuffle? I know Fate/Stay Night was rumored.
I wish I could watch AIR (and Kanon), but I simply can't tolerate the art style. I've heard Kanon had an incredibly good story, and I don't doubt that at all, but after 5 mins into the first episode I had to turn it off because of the way the characters looked (space insects with big furry heads).

I don't know why I hate it so much. I've seen "worse" drawings (my own for example), but even though I don't find any artistic value in them, they don't annoy me beyond belief.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 07:59   Link #18
bluemist
i am the mist

I'm slowly catching up on things and watched some Final Approach, Kakyuusei 2 and W ~Wish~. Of those 3, I would have given Final Approach another vote. Very funny! Thanks for recommending that!

Now the only anime left is Kita he, well maybe save the best for last?
Old 2004-12-28, 13:37   Link #19
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Yes, it actually is...
No, the DearS game came out on 6/24/2004, and the animation started in July of the same year. The manga running in Dengeki Comic Gao! predates both.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 14:04   Link #20
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
To me W_Wish and DearS were the best because it had a nice animation
^^
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote