AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-05-04, 11:48   Link #641
BlazingKyogre

Any summary about what happened in the last chapter? Is it a "bad" ending, bittersweet ending or a "good" ending?
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 08:13   Link #642
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingKyogre View Post
Any summary about what happened in the last chapter? Is it a "bad" ending, bittersweet ending or a "good" ending?
I only found this spoiler and it is shit end

Spoiler for spoiler:

it is from Zefyris in myanimelist
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 15:36   Link #643
Zefyris
図書館狼

How is what I wrote a "shitty ending"??

*SMH* The ending is fine, thank you very much for your uninformed opinion though, always nice to read that kind of things, especially when what you wrote is quoted as a "proof" to boot.
To answer BlazingKyogre, I guess this should be categorized as "bittersweet" here.
Old 2019-05-05, 15:49   Link #644
DarkDooM

Spoiler:
Old 2019-05-05, 15:59   Link #645
Tenzen12

Well, that's passable ending. It would better without less Chamille hype (super dual wielding swordswoman wth) and without that confession. But good enough.
Old 2019-05-05, 16:36   Link #646
DanielSong39

Spoiler for Spoils ending:
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 18:46   Link #647
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
How is what I wrote a "shitty ending"??

*SMH* The ending is fine, thank you very much for your uninformed opinion though, always nice to read that kind of things, especially when what you wrote is quoted as a "proof" to boot.
To answer BlazingKyogre, I guess this should be categorized as "bittersweet" here.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2019-05-07, 10:15   Link #648
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
heh, who would have thought that soldiers can die at war, and that some also die for massive change to happen in their country.

the moment you start reading/watching a war story, hoping for your favorite character not to die just means that you're reading/watching the wrong type of story to begin with, so the fault is... entirely yours on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Spoiler for Spoils ending:
TBF , that was Chamille's dearest wish as well, but Ikta had a different opinion on the matter.
Old 2019-05-10, 17:40   Link #649
tuckersister

So Chamille is technically the last wielder of the Igsem sword style. Would be nice to get a fanart of it.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-10, 17:45   Link #650
DanielSong39

I'm not upset but I did kinda lose interest after a while, well before Yatori was written out of the show. I guess the tipping point was the mountain bandits arc, the empire was clearly in the wrong there but they doubled down on bad policies and made no reforms while abusing and killing people. It left a sour taste in my mouth knowing that Ikta was fighting for the bad guys and Chamille would fight tooth and nail to assure that the bad guys would win.

Granted Chamille and the empire aren't the only bad guys (and there are probably worse guys) but it did make me lose interest in the story.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-13, 01:25   Link #651
durack

Well I just hope someone will get to translating volumes 8-14 either fan or official.

I am reading Altina the Sword Princess and it is similar but too fluffy, no grimdark at all.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-13, 08:04   Link #652
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
heh, who would have thought that soldiers can die at war, and that some also die for massive change to happen in their country.

the moment you start reading/watching a war story, hoping for your favorite character not to die just means that you're reading/watching the wrong type of story to begin with, so the fault is... entirely yours on that one.

TBF , that was Chamille's dearest wish as well, but Ikta had a different opinion on the matter.

well i read many war stories but MC die at the end have zero chance unless it is historical event stories
Old 2019-11-13, 10:40   Link #653
durack

Since I have no idea when/if the rest will be translated, can someone spoil me on one plot point.

In the very prologue of the first novel

Spoiler for First novel spoiler:
Old 2019-11-13, 10:45   Link #654
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
well i read many war stories but MC die at the end have zero chance unless it is historical event stories
Well, most of Shakespeare's plays are tragedies.
Is Hamlet a "shitty work"?

For modern stuff, a certain popular English YA novel series.

Spoiler for Very well known YA series, has movies based on it.:
Old 2019-11-13, 21:33   Link #655
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Well, most of Shakespeare's plays are tragedies.
Is Hamlet a "shitty work"?

For modern stuff, a certain popular English YA novel series.

Spoiler for Very well known YA series, has movies based on it.:

I talked about LN and manga and you mention The Tragedy of Hamlet it is tragedy beside yea i consider it shitty work and like i said it is personal opinion you dont need to be agressive . people have different taste thats it you may like it others not thats it
Old 2019-11-14, 09:24   Link #656
durack

I did not intend to be aggressive, just surprised by your opinion that's all.
Old 2019-11-22, 11:04   Link #657
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Since I have no idea when/if the rest will be translated, can someone spoil me on one plot point.

In the very prologue of the first novel

Spoiler for First novel spoiler:
Yes it is addressed, and this is an extremely important matter.
So important in fact, that this series' whole title (which like you know is quite long) is entirely pointing out at the hidden truth behind this. So much that a whole volume was dedicate to them, their purpose and origin. So much that it was the first topic talked about in the series, like you pointed out.

'That volume' is apparently completely unknown by peoples reading only spoilers as I've never seen anyone talking about it.
Yet, 'that volume' is a game changer in the story that influences massively anything coming afterwards, including the decisions of various characters, and the way they end.

'That volume' is also one of the major reasons I'm always rejecting peoples' saying on how the end is not satisfying and stuff, as if you haven't read this volume there is no way any opinion on this series ending can have any sort of value.
This may be infuriating for peoples who don't see why their opinion should be rejected by someone else as an opinion is, well, an opinion, but anyone who've read this volume will probably understand why it's not possible judge properly anything coming afterwards without having read this specific volume, hence why I deem them as "having no value whatsoever".

But I digress. I appreciate that someone else than me kept in mind that passage early in the novels and was wondering about it. I was the same, so the revelations coming later were both welcome and enjoyable. If you ever have the opportunity to read it in a language that you can understand, I really encourage you to read the series, you won't be disappointed when learning the truth behind the scene.
Old 2019-11-22, 12:52   Link #658
DarkDooM

It's amazing how despite writing so much you made sure not to spoil anything whatsoever. Sadism much?
Old 2019-11-27, 13:42   Link #659
eilee

Just because the MC dies, it doesn't mean it's bad. that's too generalize. There is no point to argue with that kind of people. Japanese have a lot of LN, Manga like to kill off the MC.
eilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 04:26   Link #660
zoldec

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilee View Post
Just because the MC dies, it doesn't mean it's bad. that's too generalize. There is no point to argue with that kind of people. Japanese have a lot of LN, Manga like to kill off the MC.
like how hamlet was a good story along with akame gah kill, vampire juuji kai and code geass now im more itching to read alderamin of the sky.

also those spirits was really bugging my mind as well as those scientist talk like hell are people commenting about the shitty lack braincells to distinguish a war, fantasy setting and comedy centered one? in all likelihood that i have read. a war with mc being alive was only vanadis(anime ending) and grancrest while on the contrary most wars ive read the mc died like code geass and vampire juuji kai. Was code geass considered shitty ending when lelouch died? when akabane strauss was freed from his noblesse oblige to protect the dhampirs and human was it portrayed shitty? hell no dude

does people know what shit means?

if u want to know real shit go watch hotd because We will never know the true ending of the series along with series that the author failed to finish when he was still alive.
zoldec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, historical, military science fiction, statecraft, tearjerker, tragedy