AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-06-28, 06:26   Link #5461
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
You're forgetting the people who buy multiple copies of the books just to get the SS.
There're people who do that, true, but that isn't the aim of any bookshop. Do you really think melonbooks want to have a fan buying the book of youjitsu there and seeing him/her running to toranoana next for another? No, they don't. That doesn't give them more sales or profits. This campaigns aren't really for that kind of collectors but for the more average fans that are fine with one copy of the book.
Old 2020-06-28, 06:50   Link #5462
DarkDooM

I'm not talking about the bookstores to begin with. I'm talking about MF Bunko/Kadokawa.
Old 2020-06-28, 07:45   Link #5463
jagt

Quote:
I'm not talking about the bookstores to begin with. I'm talking about MF Bunko/Kadokawa.
In the case of Kadokawa and all the editorials, the money of the ss comes from the bookshops and not from the fans, they earn exactly the same per book no matter where a fan buys it, a book bought on the street gives the exactly same profit that one ordered from Amazon that doesn't include any ss, maybe they profit more from the ebooks since the cost of the paper is completely zero on that version but you still have to pay the same 700 or 1500 yens for the ebook, besides they're paid a fixed amount for the ss by the bookstores that ask for it regardless of how many units of the merchandise the bookstores prepare. The only SS that make Kadokawa spent money are the ones from the version of bookwalker that it's the only bookstore that belongs to it, and in that case they're the ones who have it the easiest for recovering the money because making the file with ss costs almost zero and they don't need to worry about the cost of printing posters, bookcovers or leaflets.
Old 2020-06-28, 08:44   Link #5464
DarkDooM

What are you even starting to talk about...
serve different SS to multiple stores -> more sales because hardcore fans buy multiple copies -> $$$ Kadokawa $$$
It's a scummy tactic to squeeze money out of otaku while keeping effort to the barest minimum. Of the LN I follow Youkoso is the only one with so many side stories being published each volume and almost none of them include actually new content.
Old 2020-06-28, 10:45   Link #5465
jagt

Quote:
What are you even starting to talk about...
serve different SS to multiple stores -> more sales because hardcore fans buy multiple copies -> $$$ Kadokawa $$$
It's a scummy tactic to squeeze money out of otaku while keeping effort to the barest minimum. Of the LN I follow Youkoso is the only one with so many side stories being published each volume and almost none of them include actually new content.
You're overstimating a little the number of those hardcore otakus and the importance they're given, they're quite the minority compared to the total sales of the books, and again Kadokawa isn't the one who serves the SS to the bookstores, the bookstores are the ones who ask Kadokawa for the SS and include in the prize they pay to have something different from everyone else's, because otherwise it wouldn't be exclusive content that the fans can get only at their stores, so they can attract people to their stores concretely, the only bookstore that belongs to Kadokawa and that they can decide if it includes ss on its books or not it's bookwalker, in the rest of the cases are the other bookstores who decide,Kadokawa accepts the order or writing the SS because it's something that boost sales an in the end more money for them besides the one paid by the bookstores already.

The reason why youjitsu publishes so many different ss with each volume is that the series is that popular, has that many fans and then the bookstores fight that much between them for attracting them to their stablishments, and again the merchandises with the ss are given for free and made on limited numbers except for the ones that come with the ebook on bookwalker, they're way too insufficient for squeeze the fans as you say they do, the bookstores are the ones who decide how many units of the exclusive merchandises they prepare, usually as much as the preordered copies plus a little extra, that's why they always run out of them the first day.
Old 2020-06-28, 13:40   Link #5466
Ahmed sparta

Horikita's SS summary:

she went to the student council and asked to join. Nagumo was suprised and maybe he felt suspicious.

He asked Horikita about her reasons to join to the student council in this time.

Horikita answered that she wants to grow up to meet her brother's expectations.

While Nagumo was silent for a moments her heart start pounding faster because she was worried that he would reject her, and that surely will disappoint Ayanokouji.

She was totally dismissive of the idea of ​​disappointing him and she said in her monologue "I want to avoid that at all costs".

She wondered how ayanokouji seeing her. She was interested in that.

Then she think about his ability, she said that Nagumo who was standing right in front her was a great person whom her brother has recognized as a decent opponent.

But compared to Ayanokouji he was ....

After that she said that her assessment of Ayanokouji changed suddenly and strangely, and she greatly appreciated him.

She said that she want to know more about his abilities and wants to be recognized by him.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited by Ahmed sparta; 2020-06-28 at 13:58.
Ahmed sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 13:46   Link #5467
Ahmed sparta

And Nagumo accepted her after all her thoughts.
Ahmed sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 14:04   Link #5468
LG-MAX 2.o

Suzune SS has such a fanfic vibe, lol. Well this girl has a self-esteem problem. First she wanted Manabu to recognize her, now Ayanokouji and then what after? Kouenji?

But, she is more and more cute.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2020-06-28 at 14:17.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 14:23   Link #5469
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Finally caught up.
Well. It's so much better falling to Kiyopon than Basket Guy.
Seriously, he already got GF but still make other aiming for him.
Old 2020-06-28, 14:37   Link #5470
Sycho

SS Translations got re-released by Cinnamon, people who missed out after they were removed can finally read them now.
Sycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 15:04   Link #5471
LG-MAX 2.o

bro, talking about translations is forbidden, I think it's true for side story.
Old 2020-06-28, 21:11   Link #5472
zoldec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycho View Post
Anyone who has read Hiyori's SS, could you please leak some spoilers of what it's about?
ive just finished cinnamons tl to ss of hiyori.

its just she wanted to talk with ayano along with the rest of class b people (ryueens class now in 2nd year) it was her pov in the image leak when albert and her abduct ayano.
zoldec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-29, 00:00   Link #5473
Sycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
bro, talking about translations is forbidden, I think it's true for side story.
Oh sorry about that, I just recently came onto this thread and I've been seeing people posting summaries and everything so I didn't think it was forbidden. It's not like it's MTL or anything, the translation is completely valid and accepted.
Old 2020-06-29, 00:12   Link #5474
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycho View Post
Oh sorry about that, I just recently came onto this thread and I've been seeing people posting summaries and everything so I didn't think it was forbidden. It's not like it's MTL or anything, the translation is completely valid and accepted.
Posting summaries or passages is OK, I do this constantly, the problem is posting links or talking specifically about translators or where to get translations, it's forbidden. You could just comment on Horikita SS without mentioning where you got it.

I will do it now.

I recently read Hiyori SS, she is really a lovely girl, accepting that ridiculous plan from Ishizaki just to stay and find Kiyopon.
Old 2020-06-29, 04:32   Link #5475
DennisGorgle

Who else finds out about Kiyotaka's abilities apart from Katsuragi ? Or at least get skeptical ? Does Kiyotaka show off some of his abilities in this volume ?

What were Tsubaki and Utomiya doing in this volume ?

Oh , and who would win in a fight between Utomiya and Housen ? Is Utomiya strong enough to put up a fight against him ? I mean the guy's stronger than the giant Albert , so Utomiya is either crazy strong or just stupid.
DennisGorgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 07:08   Link #5476
Skyterror3381
Blood Champion

Finally got the translated version on iBooks and now reading volume 4. I found it odd that ayanokoji suddenly wanted to know karuizawa better. In previous volumes, he wasn’t interested in anyone in particular and now out of nowhere, he’s interested in her? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I heard that the author modelled her after his wife or something like that. Is that why she’s suddenly put into the spotlight? If so, it’s preferential treatment from the author. Playing favourite is the other way of saying it, I think. Not sure I like it. Self inserts or things like that tend to not end well or well received, in my experience.

I’m up to page 76 atm and already I don’t like her attitude lol. Yeah I know, it’s early on in the series (my reading progress anyway) but I find it hard to believe she took top spot in popularity later on—the girl who does nothing but complain and cling on to her “bf”.

I feel sorry for ayanokoji for being put in the same group with a person like that. Well, at least ichinose is there too, so shouldn’t be too bad.
“All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done.” - Lor’themar Theron, Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas.

Last edited by Skyterror3381; 2020-07-03 at 07:20. Reason: Added thoughts
Skyterror3381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 08:08   Link #5477
tsunade666

The author modelled the heroine to his wife? where did you hear that? I only heard that one when talking about akamatsu and asuna being modeled with his wife.

I don't think Kei was modeled from the author's wife but I can't say unless the author did say so.

There is more to Kei's character than that. She is not shallow and her taking top spot in the rankings is deserving for her. Unlike a certain biribiri that has cult followers.
Old 2020-07-03, 14:35   Link #5478
zoldec

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There is more to Kei's character than that. She is not shallow and her taking top spot in the rankings is deserving for her. Unlike a certain biribiri that has cult followers.
yeah same i was really wondering why that biribiri got the top spot. i really tried watching railgun anime but can’t stomach that biribiri and that teleporter so did not. on the contrary kei karuizawa’s character has more depth that is grounds to some real bullied people that its understandable why she won the top spot. if i would rate the novels ive read comparing to that biribiri ln i would probably give it to alderamin yatori( sadly i cant find its continuation eng tl) or angieline (boukensha no nitai s class musume) or sakayanagi arisu other than kei karuizawa.

I really just can’t grasp why there is cult following of that birbiri if it was shouko winning or othinus would be more acceptable.
zoldec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 22:20   Link #5479
Tenzen12

Not really, Mikoto might not be best heroine ever, but as far as Index goes, her taking first spot is not particularly surprising. She is good heroine and she got lot of exposure to make people see it. (I like Kanzaki and Fukiyose more but unfortunately they aren't relevant enough).

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2020-07-03 at 22:32.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-04, 14:10   Link #5480
Sycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyterror3381 View Post
Finally got the translated version on iBooks and now reading volume 4. I found it odd that ayanokoji suddenly wanted to know karuizawa better. In previous volumes, he wasn’t interested in anyone in particular and now out of nowhere, he’s interested in her? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I heard that the author modelled her after his wife or something like that. Is that why she’s suddenly put into the spotlight? If so, it’s preferential treatment from the author. Playing favourite is the other way of saying it, I think. Not sure I like it. Self inserts or things like that tend to not end well or well received, in my experience.

I’m up to page 76 atm and already I don’t like her attitude lol. Yeah I know, it’s early on in the series (my reading progress anyway) but I find it hard to believe she took top spot in popularity later on—the girl who does nothing but complain and cling on to her “bf”.

I feel sorry for ayanokoji for being put in the same group with a person like that. Well, at least ichinose is there too, so shouldn’t be too bad.
This is just me...but Kiyotaka has a good eye. When he looks at a person, he is able to see through them completely, a fact that Chabashira states about him as seeing everything. Beyond Karuizawa's cheerful facade, he is able to break through the surface and see her complete darkness, which intrigues him to find out to what extent is she useful. Because he is now under Chabashira's command to help the class to get Class A, he is becoming more invested in what is useful. Unlike Horikita, Karuizawa has more control over the girls in their class and so he wants to learn to what extent can he effectively utilize her. By pressuring her, learning to what extent she will go to protect her hideous secrets, he can learn if she will be a better tool for him to help lead the class onward alongside Horikita.
Also, I have never heard anything about Kinugasa's wife. There is literally barely any information about him online, and I have never heard anything like that in any of his interviews.
Last thing I'll say is to just give Karuizawa a chance and stay open-minded, because she gets great character development. And read every single volume, including 4.5, 7.5, and 11.5 which many people think to neglect.

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller