AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-21, 18:02   Link #21
Scarlet

What are you talking about Nightengale? It seems like every Shinigami is on a losing streak. It should be more like, when is Kubo going to let them win!

It's pretty simple to explain Ikkaku. The only ones who know about his Bankai are Renji, Yumichika & possibly Matsumoto. He only used it when everyone was occupied in a fight. I doubt anyone else even knows, besides Keigo.
Old 2005-12-21, 18:04   Link #22
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
I think what Nightengale means is that it looks like the shinigami are about to make a huge comeback..especially since the power restriction has just been lifted. They now have their full power back. But, whether they will be any match for the Arrancar is unknown.

What's the battle score now anyway?

Arrancar: ?
Shinigami: 2?
Can't really remember -.-

Rukia won a battle..so did Ikkaku. Actually, I don't remember the Arrancar winning any battles -.- yet, atleast
Gah *goes back and rereads last few chapters*
Old 2005-12-21, 19:21   Link #23
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow. Now when I thought the Shinigami were FINALLY getting their hands full with something, a yet another deus ex comes in the way of the power limiter.

Bleach is getting more hilarious by the chapter. I'm not sure whether that's in a good way or a bad way.
Old 2005-12-21, 19:57   Link #24
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
So their power have been restricted this whole time?

Yay!! I hope Toshi-chan kicks some butt!

I think Grimmjaw is going to pulverize Ichigo. I wonder if Ichigo will get any stronger? No doubt we'll see Hollow Ichigo again.

Wow Toshi-chan's really popular now I'm glad Ichigo is still # 1 !!!
Old 2005-12-21, 19:59   Link #25
yuchan

Oh! I COMPLETELY forgot about shinagami having their powers limited in the real world. I'm sure we all did. MAybe this can at least explain hitsugay's situation. But that guy is the strongest of the arrankars there next to grimjow though. Now i'm really curious as to what numbers uliqoula and yami were.

As for the poll, just why the hell is hitsugaya so popular? And why is my chado so low. Even beat by that loser mayuri? Kira and Hisagi must be in some mad dojinshi to be so popular after getting beat up and that's it.
Old 2005-12-21, 21:54   Link #26
Kenji_Chaos

wow interesting...
cant wait to see more..
thanks for the summary ken >_<
Old 2005-12-21, 22:42   Link #27
Arutima

power limiter? rememberat the start of the SS arc, when Renji and BK came to earth to get Rukia? their powers were restrained during that time, too
Old 2005-12-21, 22:48   Link #28
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutima
power limiter? rememberat the start of the SS arc, when Renji and BK came to earth to get Rukia? their powers were restrained during that time, too
The situation are different, though. Then, they were dealing one Shinigami who's lost her powers and one rookie Shinigami with barely any experience compared to a Captain and a VC. One Quincy decided to mess in, but what's a Quincy to them?

Now, they're dealing with a minimum of 10 Vastrodes in their own assumption and they themselves claim them to be stronger than Captains. And if they really care so much as to make sure their reaitsu didn't affect the living world, they would had given Ikkaku one too.

Oh, and they sure had a lot of leisure time to spare, waiting until the 3rd petal to release the limiters when fighting opponents who are unquestionably strong.
Old 2005-12-21, 23:19   Link #29
Aceboogy

Is it possible that we've never seen an arrankar which was made from a Vastrode?? I mean just humor me for a second, why would the menos let Aizen do experiments on their strongest ranks? Hitsugaya said that they're 3 levels of menos: Gilian, ajucas and vastrode. I haven't read every shonen manga out but i do know that they NEVER jump from introducing the weakest (Gilian) straight to the introduction of the strongest (Vastrode).

I mean it's just me, but I don't want to jump to the conclusion that we're seeing fights against captin class menos, so early in a new arc.
Old 2005-12-21, 23:20   Link #30
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
The situation are different, though. Then, they were dealing one Shinigami who's lost her powers and one rookie Shinigami with barely any experience compared to a Captain and a VC. One Quincy decided to mess in, but what's a Quincy to them?

Now, they're dealing with a minimum of 10 Vastrodes in their own assumption and they themselves claim them to be stronger than Captains. And if they really care so much as to make sure their reaitsu didn't affect the living world, they would had given Ikkaku one too.

Oh, and they sure had a lot of leisure time to spare, waiting until the 3rd petal to release the limiters when fighting opponents who are unquestionably strong.
I don't think the ones at rank 11 and below are as strong as captains (even the top 10 may not be). Because if that were the case, they should have attacked the Shinigami world by now, right?

Also, we haven't observed how the limit was removed before, so I don't understand why it seems absurd to some people, if this wasn't that case before (when Renji and Byakuya came to capture Rukia).

Also, if there was a power limiter, it would be the same for everyone, including Ikkaku. Although I have mostly followed the last few chapters from scripts (sometimes raws), so I might have missed something. But I believe that power is not related to going Bankai, etc. Unless Ikkaku already obtained permission without us noticing, it might be safe to assume that his limited power was above the one with whom he was fighting. This is also the case for the one Rukia had fought.

One last thing on the power unlimiting: it is logical to assume that there might be reasons for Hitsaguya waiting for the last minute to obtain the permission. Can this be taken as a sign that the Shinigamis were actually assuming those guys to be weaker than captains? I believe this is the case. And let's try to think of the answer to the following questions: how can you know someone is strong without actually fighting? And, how can you find the free time to contact while you are actually fighting and your partner is down? In that case, the only thing you can do is to wait for your partner, right?
Old 2005-12-21, 23:40   Link #31
M4rauder

Hitsuguya probably wanted to seem like he was already beaten, so that he could get the information about the Arrankars. That's probably why they waited until the last minute to release the limiters. (as for Ikkaku, I agree--he's not VC, so probably did not get limited).

Another thought, maybe Ichigo is limited as well. Did they ever explain what the badge was that Ukitaki gave him? It could be a limiter, or a tracking device so SS can keep tabs on him...
Old 2005-12-22, 02:25   Link #32
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...

It does seem logical that the badge thingy is a power limiter as well since it is in the shape of a squad badge. Another theory on Hitsuguya's tatics could be that he wanted the Arrancars to waste as much of their energy as possible. The "last minute power unlimiting thing" really sounds like typical buracratic red tape, so it really doesn't seem that unusual, since there hasn't been any correspondence between the bunch of shinigami's in the real world and SS.
Old 2005-12-22, 02:27   Link #33
Yachiru
fukataichou

Hm, limiting devices? Ooh, that explains why Hitsu was losing. I don't think they should lose one of their own since they're going to go full blast or something like that.. It seemed weird to me at the start how Ikkaku was winning against his guy and that others were like losing. This makes sense. Kinda.

Ah, at last Shuuhei isn't at the bottom for the poll thing. ^^
Old 2005-12-22, 02:53   Link #34
carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale

They are not Vastrodes. Vastrodes are pure Hollows. Arankals are DIFFERENT. they are hybrid, hollows who gained shinigami powers.
Old 2005-12-22, 02:56   Link #35
carb

i don't mind not having the good guys die, AS LONG as they way they survive is logical. plus, having mentioned the limiter, i dont think bleach will receive any hate mails soon since the story is still going strong, the plot is too and the characters just keep on evolving and unfolding.
Old 2005-12-22, 03:51   Link #36
aoi_zip

i think ikkaku is the strongest one out of all the shinigamis went to human world. kuz at one point he was asked to be a captain but he chose not to. and hitsu is possibly the weakest captain in the 13 squads.
Old 2005-12-22, 04:23   Link #37
NaNash|

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoi_zip
i think ikkaku is the strongest one out of all the shinigamis went to human world. kuz at one point he was asked to be a captain but he chose not to. and hitsu is possibly the weakest captain in the 13 squads.
Well, we haven know the meaning of the petals behind him, so can't really comment on it, right?

But I'm more concern about Jinta and Ururu. R they able to hold up against Aranakals(i noe sp error)? Or will Ururu goes berserk like wat she did when training with Ichigo? And wat does Renji hope to noe by visiting Urahara?
Old 2005-12-22, 04:41   Link #38
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Nice to know that I called it right about the numbers. ^_^;;
Old 2005-12-22, 06:27   Link #39
Caelis

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...726#post412726

I love it when I'm right
Old 2005-12-22, 07:30   Link #40
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
damn... why u saying that Ikkaku didn't have restricion? it's nothing that u wear thou... Yumichaka had this cell phone like Rangiku and asked for increasing restricion fightin AREA for Ikkaku and other...
why Ikkaku win? he didn't get speed or agility boost, but he got something that could cut through Arrancle and that was enough and he was lucky that he didn't die it would be like if BK's bankai wouldn't be strong enough at some poit to hurt 1-10 arrnacle than all thouse pentals would make no sense and he would die easly (I'm not saying that this would happen)...
we can't expect Rangiku to have Bankai as Renji said that any of VC had it, expect of him ...
as I already said once Ikkaku was holding his Bankai as a secret so much that he could die fighting Ichigo back in SS and he didn't wanted to use it...
If Hitsu or any of good guys won't win after maximum restricion area then this means that they need to be saved and their bankais doesn't hold much of a brute force...
and as for Ichigo... he never had restricion and that's why Inoue and Chad got their powers and Rukia was mixed in this plote, and he didn't get one after SS arc, as Hirako (sp?) told him to not get to exited
and there's no such thing as telling that they were using 20% of their maximum by now as Yumichaka asked for rising limiter, and it isn't like they all would use 20% from the start, or anything...