AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-24, 20:51   Link #1001
Sarajuana

Send a message via ICQ to Sarajuana
I'm just catching up with everyone, but as far as the first two episodes go, it's beautiful and any time a woman's an awesome sword fighter you know it's going to be a good show.
Sarajuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 02:06   Link #1002
Galdamez951
Umai Fansubs cofounder

k, XviD's are out for those who want them
Galdamez951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:51   Link #1003
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wow, no posts for the last episode?

Ophelia
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 09:03   Link #1004
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wow, no posts for the last episode?

Ophelia
Omni has did excellen job on episode summary here.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...juliet-24-end/

I half expected that it;s gonna end like this........
kandidasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 09:46   Link #1005
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandidasama View Post
Omni has did excellen job on episode summary here.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...juliet-24-end/

I half expected that it;s gonna end like this........
Pretty much right on with ending I expected most of it I cant hate Gonzo for this one. I wonder what's next on there plate? I mean they have done RomeoxJuliet and the count of Monte Cristo. Could we see Oedipus rex which could be really dark or Taming of the shrew which would make for a pretty funny comedy
Old 2007-09-26, 10:22   Link #1006
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Pretty much right on with ending I expected most of it I cant hate Gonzo for this one. I wonder what's next on there plate? I mean they have done RomeoxJuliet and the count of Monte Cristo. Could we see Oedipus rex which could be really dark or Taming of the shrew which would make for a pretty funny comedy

Pretty much how i expected to end.

And if you are wondering Gonzo is doing next they are going to do Dragonaut The Resonance which starts in October.
Old 2007-09-26, 10:36   Link #1007
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
When adapting anime from English novels, maybe more difficult.
Japanese, they don't know much about English literature. Romeo Juliet is very wellknown, but you I listened to most of Romijuli radio, that most of the staffs and seiyuu just knew that it was a tragedy of famous star cross lover,but didn't know about the story at all!

If just for title that recognisable by Japanese, maybe Hamlet? Phantom of Opera? Swan lake ^^''?
Old 2007-09-26, 11:33   Link #1008
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show had its ups and downs, but the final episode was a definite up for me. This is not specifically an ending I expected, though it fits the type I expected -- and hoped for, actually.
Spoiler for final episode:
I think the work of Mizusawa Fumie (Juliet) was great throughout. And did you know that Cordelia and Francisco (Matsuki Miyu and Nojima Hirofumi) actually got married in real life recently?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 11:46   Link #1009
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandidasama View Post
When adapting anime from English novels, maybe more difficult.
Japanese, they don't know much about English literature. Romeo Juliet is very wellknown, but you I listened to most of Romijuli radio, that most of the staffs and seiyuu just knew that it was a tragedy of famous star cross lover,but didn't know about the story at all!

If just for title that recognisable by Japanese, maybe Hamlet? Phantom of Opera? Swan lake ^^''?
Those would be good adaptation I would say Hamlet would do better than Phatom of the Opera (which i love) and Swan Lake which is also very good.

Hamlet already has the makings to make a pretty good anime adaptation. Murder, mother/son compex, revenge, love, ect ect. We all know the story. I feel they would have to add a little more action then in the original to hold an audience but thats not hard to do.

I can come up with several things for Hamlet that i would love to see starting with outfits and settings.
Old 2007-09-26, 21:14   Link #1010
Allamanda
Kiyu Fan

It's rather hilarious that the scenarist see it natural that
Spoiler:
Any people, any child included, once at least wonder what would be there on the horizon. After all, Neo Verona being a floating city is just wasted setting and I suppose there was a big communication problem between those writing actual episodes and others.

The overall atmosphere is good, but the soap opera of Romeo and Juliet is pretty much meh and GONZO's fantasic adaptation of a big tree (which I think is too cliched) hasn't worked that much. To begin with, I have no idea why GONZO have to make it sound as if this anime were based on Shakespeare's renowned work. They just borrowed some names from, and had a tragic ending like the original. Probably for a promotional or snobbish reason. I don't know.

I'd buy a soundtrack if released but not a DVD by a long shot. Sorry for my negativity but I was initially quite excited and looked forward to this series.
Allamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 02:54   Link #1011
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This show had its ups and downs, but the final episode was a definite up for me. This is not specifically an ending I expected, though it fits the type I expected -- and hoped for, actually.
Spoiler for final episode:
I think the work of Mizusawa Fumie (Juliet) was great throughout. And did you know that Cordelia and Francisco (Matsuki Miyu and Nojima Hirofumi) actually got married in real life recently?
WOW, congratulations for the seiyuu of Cordelia and Francisco.
Cordelia seiyuu is very lovely in the romiuli radio. I like her very much.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:01   Link #1012
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
about the last episode i don't want to read the summary of Omni
i will wait the subs
Old 2007-09-27, 18:39   Link #1013
malaac
Banned

Man I should of known not to watch this. I hated the original story about a love tragedy.. I figured hey it's an anime and not so much like the original CRAPPY story so maybe it will have a good ending! UGG! This was as CRAPPY as the original!

Spoiler for ending:

Last edited by xris; 2007-09-29 at 05:21.
malaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 20:11   Link #1014
Sarajuana

Send a message via ICQ to Sarajuana
Gah! The anticipation is killing me! Plus, I want the episodes to come out faster so I can show them to my anime club. Umai is doing a really good job on making a fluid translation. Now if I can resist the spoilers 'til they come out...
Sarajuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 22:19   Link #1015
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsen Website
Hello everyone,

Once again, Shinsen-Subs is in the spotlight of anime companies. Earlier today we have received an e-mail in form of Cease and Desist letter from FUNimation legal department regarding violation of Digital Millenium Copyright Act.
GDH K.K. has authorized FUNimation Entertainment to take any such enforcement actions on behalf of GDH K.K. for the purpose of stopping copyright infringement.
For those of you that are not really familiar with either of these respective companies, please click this and this link.
GDH K.K. owns and controls various exclusive copyrights and trademarks related to the animated motion pictures known as Romeo x Juliet ®. Among the exclusive rights of GDH K.K. are the rights for production and distribution of home videos, DVDs, and other home video formats and devices.
FUNimation Entertainment therefore demands that we expeditiously disable all access to said infringing materials.

In the letter that we have received, it is explicitly said that GDH K.K. has authorized FUNimation Entertainment to enforce their rights, therefore do not read this as an implicit announcement of FUNimation Entertainment's licensing of the said property. This is merely one company acting as a legal representative of another.
Of course, we have already complied to the requests in the letter and this project is hereby dropped. I hope everyone enjoyed it so far. I would like to thank the RxJ team who worked very hard on this and I would also like to thank everyone who followed us thus far.

To my knowledge this is the first occurence of Japanese company actually sending a C&D during an ongoing anime - MFI issued a C&D for DVD episodes that were fansubbed before the actual release in Japan - so we might see more of this in the future. Let's hope that means more high quality anime from Japan and more high quality translations from your local licensees.
Take it as you will.

Let's just hope the same didn't happen to Umai. 3 eps to go z_z
Old 2007-09-27, 23:03   Link #1016
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
... And did you know that Cordelia and Francisco (Matsuki Miyu and Nojima Hirofumi) actually got married in real life recently?
Not at all...where did you hear this?
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 23:45   Link #1017
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Not at all...where did you hear this?
On Mizusawa Fumie's blog, and from things said on Miyumiyu's own blog. People on 2channel talk about it a bit, too.

But now you've got me wondering if it was just Fumie-san's joke, since they were having a party at Nojima's house and Miyumiyu was there in an apron to greet guests. I found it an especially interesting story since Miyumiyu is one of the most famous "yuri" seiyuu, and marriage would tend at least to put those ideas in some context.

By the way, the big deal on Miyumiyu's blog recently is that she turned 30 on September 14. She has many pictures of great food and says she promised herself that when she turned 30 she would eat all she wanted. The fact that she wouldn't mention being married is not a surprise, since it's the kind of thing seiyuu keep quiet about if possible. On the other hand, one thing speaking against the possibility is the fact that Fumie said anything about it.

Nojima Hirofumi is 34 and also plays Tsuwabuki on Nanatsuiro Drops and Shuga on Seirei no Moribito. He is the son of one voice actor (Nojima Akio) and the brother of another (Nojima Kenji).

Where is Seiyuu Watch when you need it? (The site has been dormant for a month.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-09-28 at 13:05.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 04:23   Link #1018
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Ep.24, the last ep:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 17:58   Link #1019
BANANABANANA
got 米?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaac View Post
Man I should of known not to watch this. I hated the original story about a love tragedy.. I figured hey it's an anime and not so much like the original CRAPPY story so maybe it will have a good ending! UGG! This was as CRAPPY as the original!

aw geez, thanks for spoiling me. ahem...

Last edited by xris; 2007-09-29 at 05:22. Reason: Then why make it worse by quoting the entire spoiler.....
BANANABANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 05:15   Link #1020
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaac View Post

You should have put spoiler tag. Many people here don't know and maybe don't want to be spoiled.

Last edited by xris; 2007-09-29 at 05:23. Reason: Then why make it worse by quoting the entire spoiler.....

Tags
drama, romance