AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-14, 12:32   Link #581
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I just want to know what the relation with the boy from the past works into this.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-11-14, 19:22   Link #582
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I just want to know what the relation with the boy from the past works into this.
He became king of Windland, but went missing, along with the queen, after an attack by the Sablum Empire 16(?) years ago...

The only survivors were the princess and her babysitter (Komet)

Anymore and it would be a massive spoiler
Old 2007-11-14, 20:06   Link #583
komichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I've seen episode 1 and 2 from ASF, and the series isn't off to too bad of a start so far. I found the Bridget/Priceia mixup amusing, as well as the video. For some reason, Marquis strikes me as a medieval, more mustache-y version of Volcott from Galaxy Angel. Waiting for more, and I'm avoiding the OSA subs based on what I've heard.
OSA is sometime accurate even though they are jokesub, it's actually pretty amazing that most of their translation are somewhat relevant to what the characters are actually saying. But if you can't ignore it watch the raw, it might be even easier to understand.

Anyways, OSA stopped at episode 5 so no more OSA.

Spoiler for ep06:
Old 2007-11-15, 02:26   Link #584
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

can someone one tel me what does ATLAS stand for?
Old 2007-11-15, 05:16   Link #585
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
can someone one tel me what does ATLAS stand for?
Architecture and Tools for Linguistic Analysis Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Spoiler for Game Ch5 - Takai taka~i! Comedy. No spoilers:

It's random things like these that'll never make it into the anime, but it's part of what makes the game great...
Okay, I'm ready to start playing catchup.

Old 2007-11-15, 07:07   Link #586
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

sry but can anyone teach me how to use atlas? i don really understand what the tutorial mean

i manage to extract jatlas and it give me 2 file gov and nist
Old 2007-11-15, 07:33   Link #587
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

LMAO.

Okay, I assume the ATLAS you meant was the commercial translation software by Fujitsu. It's easy enough to use and has a complete English interface IIRC. I also hear it's useful for translating technical manuals and the like, but honestly, it's horrible at translating visual novels, and a lot of the time it just gives you crap since there's no context as each individual line comes out. Not to mention Prism Ark occasionally uses obsolete language, which'll probably confuse the hell out of ATLAS.

Here's a much better way to get translations, especially if you know some Japanese. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks pretty useful.
http://omoshiroi.info/omoblog/index...._novel_reading
Old 2007-11-15, 08:59   Link #588
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Somehow I knew that he wasn't looking for the answer to the question he was asking.

I suggest asking somewhere where it'd be relevant instead of in a thread about a show.
Old 2007-11-15, 09:04   Link #589
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
ATLAS translation aren't that bad. I have played lots of visual novels with it. Of course, sometimes I'm forced to use other translations programs in order to understand what the characters are saying but, most of time it give some very accurate translations.

Of course, no matter what translation program you use, you will always need to know a bit of Japanese. When I started reading visual novels my Japanese knowledge was almost inexistent but, now I just need to hear what the characters are saying (when voiced) to understand what is happening (In most cases) also, my Japanese reading abilities have also improved.

If you really want to play Prism Ark or any other visual novel don't let such things stop you.

Last edited by johnishida; 2007-11-15 at 09:53.
Old 2007-11-15, 09:33   Link #590
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

well.. i don really noe how read japanese word i manage to understand 50:50 if not most of what they are saying without english help ><
Old 2007-11-15, 18:45   Link #591
komichi

learn JP with Rosetta, a program that teaches JP from the beginning, it's like learning your first language.

Or, memorize Hiragana and Katakana and also useful words, and begin from there. A lot of time, learning how to speak and write together is better than just one.

Other than that, Prism Ark the anime isn't that difficult when it's in slice-of-life mode, it's the mechanic of prism magic and war ploys that are the really hard things here.
Old 2007-11-16, 00:44   Link #592
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Spoiler for Game Ch8 Priecia route. Jealous Priecia. Comedy. No spoilers:

Nice and short one. Anyone remember whose route it was that Priecia muses that it's unfortante Hyaweh is already taken? I think it was Kagura ch11, but I'm not sure... imho, that was an even cuter Priecia

I also kinda want to try doing something more serious, so I might do Ein's backstory. The anime'll almost certainly skip over all of the guys, and Ein's is probably the best out of the three. Anyone remember which chapter Ein's letter scene is in? Of course, the first bit is already longer than the longest I've done so far, so who knows if I'll really end up doing this .

Or maybe I should do the morning after Priecia's H-scene. Priecia and Kagura's conversation was pretty hilarious IIRC. Oooh, so much to do, so little time (and help.... *hint hint*)

I suggest Litte's Chapter 8. You should know why.

I've got saves for Priecia, Kagura, Fel, Litte and Filia's paths though, so any of them work. I probably won't rip the long ones though, they're just a pain.
Old 2007-11-17, 05:40   Link #593
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

The game prologue has been translated. I guess I'll move the (somewhat off-topic) game translations over to the game forum, so there's a new thread over there now.
Old 2007-11-18, 21:02   Link #594
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

They did some really weird things with the direction of episode 7.

Lots of profile cut-ins that made things a pain in the ass for me to follow particularly well/easily. The second half was basically all action, but not much of it was particularly interesting. A little more Fel stuff too.

Epi 8 preview showed pretty much everybody recovering from this episode, but more importantly, had a shot of Theresa. FINALLY.
Old 2007-11-18, 21:58   Link #595
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-19, 06:16   Link #596
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Big mashup of a couple of chapters in the game. Only five episodes left, but the plot's still bumbling around. Anyway, just some random thoughts while watching this episode.
Spoiler for ep07:
I've been complaining about this since Ep03, so I might as well keep it up... what the hell, the Glow/Mirage Lash animation again?

Oh and by the way, the entire game prologue, including Hyaweh's journey to the academy, has been translated in the game thread

Last edited by selkirk; 2007-11-19 at 18:18.
Old 2007-11-19, 15:14   Link #597
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 7 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-19, 17:43   Link #598
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
Hmmm...it was the sword talking, not Hyaweh

Quote:
Big mashup of a couple of chapters in the game. Only five episodes left, but the plot's still bumbling around. Anyway, just some random thoughts while watching this episode.
Spoiler for ep07:
I've been complaining about this since Ep03, so I might as well keep it up... what the hell, the Glow/Mirage Lash animation again?

Oh and by the way, the entire game prologue, including Hyaweh's journey to the academy, has been translated in the game thread
Oh, thanks for the translation of what the sword said

And yeah...they're messing up with the plot quite a lot...this was some jump they made from 6 to 7, it made go

Anyway, I'll stick with it to the end...to see how it turns out

Anyone wanna bet that by episode 10, the story will reach the battle in the desert that was shown on episode 1?
Old 2007-11-25, 08:55   Link #599
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Ep.7 is so confusing, but yet pretty cool.
Spoiler for Ep.7:
Old 2007-11-25, 18:20   Link #600
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quick thoughts on ep08 before I leave.

Spoiler for Ep08:

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, pajamasoft, romance, rpg, seinen