AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 08:26   Link #621
CWW
Lurker

I didn't find the first episode as incomprehensible as others found. Sure, there were a lot of characters, but the premise was explained fairly clearly. Basically, in the far future, history repeats itself. It's the first episode. It doesn't have to explain everything fully.

It's like people's brains turned into goo in the how many seasons of mindless shows over the years and then complain when a show has exposition. I actually rather like this approach since my time is now limited and can't be arsed to watch episode after episode amounting to nothing happening (read: shonen). It's not like I take this show seriously anyway, considering some of the cast are clearly supposed to be jokes. Even the main character is a bit of a joke.

I also have to laugh when people can't tell the difference between art and animation. The animation and choreography are quite good in fact. The art and facial expressions are passable but certainly not terrible, though this is up to personal preference. It could do with less CG ships and mecha though. They're quite jarring.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 08:52   Link #622
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
I didn't find the first episode as incomprehensible as others found. Sure, there were a lot of characters, but the premise was explained fairly clearly. Basically, in the far future, history repeats itself. It's the first episode. It doesn't have to explain everything fully.

It's like people's brains turned into goo in the how many seasons of mindless shows over the years and then complain when a show has exposition. I actually rather like this approach since my time is now limited and can't be arsed to watch episode after episode amounting to nothing happening (read: shonen). It's not like I take this show seriously anyway, considering some of the cast are clearly supposed to be jokes. Even the main character is a bit of a joke.

I also have to laugh when people can't tell the difference between art and animation. The animation and choreography are quite good in fact. The art and facial expressions are passable but certainly not terrible, though this is up to personal preference. It could do with less CG ships and mecha though. They're quite jarring.
I couldn't agree more, especially for people can't tell the difference between art and smooth animation

Quote:
eg: the animation was bad because I don't like that oversized boobs
they reduced the boobs size more than a half already, what did you expect? make all the characters pettanko? *sigh*

if they watched episode 1 and they didn't understand, they are going to start complaining

they forgot that statistically it's only 1(episodes)/13(episodes)*2(seasons) = 3.8% of the total story/plot being told and could even less because story and plot are not distributed equally in each episode

some ppl even said that it was too confusing and has no plot
seriously? It doesn't have a plot and you're confused by it?

===

that's just my random rambling for haters that I've been saved until now
now I better run for my life

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-10-08 at 09:16.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 08:58   Link #623
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
It could do with less CG ships and mecha though. They're quite jarring.
Don't know if it's just me or not but I didn't find the CGI that bad, actually seemed ok much like most CGI today, only when it's really bad will I say something but can't say IMO that I found any anime series where it was jarring expect maybe recent Ironman anime but then that pretty meh/bad overall I didn't care whether or not the CGI was outta place.

Everything looked crisp to me but then I've never really had a eye for saying that looks bad or not

Animation is very good tho, nice and fluid.

I still can't stop laughing at the Onee-chan, she's a real hoot!
Old 2011-10-08, 09:38   Link #624
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

This title somehow reminds me of Tenchi Muyo a lot
Old 2011-10-08, 09:40   Link #625
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
The animation and choreography are quite good in fact. The art and facial expressions are passable but certainly not terrible, though this is up to personal preference.
oh, looks like we're on the same wavelength.

Quote:
It could do with less CG ships and mecha though. They're quite jarring.
definitely.
Old 2011-10-08, 10:06   Link #626
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Information overload... it seems both anime that I like this season are essentially "OVER 9000 CHARACTERS" styled worlds.

I'm praying the Horizon anime does a good job of world building, because what I've learned so far makes it sound awesome. Admittedly, I would not have stuck around at first if I didn't spot the yuri angels, as initial impressions were like "impossible to adapt, hence likely to be pretentious".

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 10:42   Link #627
CWW
Lurker

Oh, wow, Tomo Asama (archer girl) is Tori's childhood friend?

Spoiler:

PS. Hassan Fullbush? Haha, that's awesome.
Old 2011-10-08, 11:59   Link #628
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:

It's like people's brains turned into goo in the how many seasons of mindless shows over the years and then complain when a show has exposition.
You provide the explanation to the plot in the episode in one sentence then go on to praise it for having great exposition? (which I might add happened in small piece of narrative unrelated to everything else in the episode) The only real exposition we got was, here's a flying ship, this guy is leader, this girl is a teacher and that girl is leader doods sister. ...in 20min.

Quote:
I actually rather like this approach since my time is now limited and can't be arsed to watch episode after episode amounting to nothing happening (read: shonen).
This is definitely shonen and a fantasy. And maybe action and mecha too, we'll see.

Quote:
It's not like I take this show seriously anyway, considering some of the cast are clearly supposed to be jokes. Even the main character is a bit of a joke.
It's not comedy level by no means, they're just designed funny. At this point, since it's just the design and nothing else, it's just personal opinion if you found it funny or awkward.

Quote:
I also have to laugh when people can't tell the difference between art and animation.
Art is not lines with colors between them. If you want to refer to that use words like Visuals / Graphics. Art is basically anything created with the purpose of drawing out some feelings within you, that's why even things like literature and film can bear the label. I wouldn't call animation art when it's not intended as such, but it's not wrong when you're inferring to only certain moments or the style itself. Or if you want to refer to both the visuals and the animation as whole, art is sort of appropriate.

Quote:
The animation and choreography are quite good in fact. The art and facial expressions are passable but certainly not terrible, though this is up to personal preference. It could do with less CG ships and mecha though. They're quite jarring.
Animation and Choreography are roughly interchangable in the context; the main sense of choreography actually doesn't apply to animated content—but it does sound cool when used I suppose, and sort of conveys the same message.

You should try being more humble. Whining about whining doesn't make you all high and mighty; and to be honest I don't think anyone was actually whining to begin with, it's just your average amount of confusion which every show has.
Old 2011-10-08, 14:43   Link #629
CWW
Lurker

I wasn't particularly whining, just nodding with Kaioshin Sama in agreement and amused how the guys at ANN doing their seasonal things are a bit contradictory when it comes to production values. Not just related to this show. I know, opinions and all that. Still funny. I know art encompasses everything that has aesthetic value, but I didn't think anyone would be pedantic about it. Finally, I didn't praise this show for its exposition. I just didn't have a problem with it. My main hook is the rather large and diverse cast and decently animated action sequences without talking heads ruining the flow, but we'll see when the plot unfolds I suppose.
Old 2011-10-08, 14:54   Link #630
Allen
メインヒロイン

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 20:43   Link #631
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Hey guys can i ask how many episode for this series...and i heard this series from Light novel..right????
Syed_Seinaru_Migi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 01:10   Link #632
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Spoiler for 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Seinaru_Migi View Post
Hey guys can i ask how many episode for this series...and i heard this series from Light novel..right????
total 26 episodes, divided into 2 cours/seasons and yes it is
Old 2011-10-09, 02:47   Link #633
serpiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
So, 2n cour has been already confirmed??? I somehow skip that announce... Well, That´s great !

Spoiler for Episode 02 RAW:

Also, from the LN 02 Cover, doesnt this girl receive the flat treatment a little too much in the anime version?
Spoiler for LN Vol 02 Cover:
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 02:53   Link #634
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Watched the first episode and wasn't a fan. Not that it was really confusing, it just seemed that the whole episode was nothing more than some flashy FF-style filler with some fan-service. The main character, when he finally did appear, managed to make me hate him with the only two minutes he had on screen.

Didn't help that none of the characters received any real kind of introduction or development. It was just a mess that really didn't seem to establish anything.

I did enjoy the action, but felt that the episode had nothing to keep me interested.
Old 2011-10-09, 03:03   Link #635
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Obviously there will be people who hate Toori. I even think his design is for that purpose.
But I can't stop myself from liking that guy. That smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
Also, from the LN 02 Cover, doesnt this girl receive the flat treatment a little too much in the anime version?
Spoiler for LN Vol 02 Cover:
Spoiler for Honda:

I think they got it pretty accurate if you ask me .
Old 2011-10-09, 03:16   Link #636
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
Spoiler for 2:

WOW it already decided to make 2 season ..haha Toori face something annoying to me something he face make me like him...
Old 2011-10-09, 03:36   Link #637
ookamigirl

Really fun & interesting anime with lots of action!
Will be watching this one ^^
I really liked the music when they were going/fighting through the city.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 04:49   Link #638
serpiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Obviously there will be people who hate Toori. I even think his design is for that purpose.
But I can't stop myself from liking that guy. That smile.

Spoiler for Honda:

I think they got it pretty accurate if you ask me .
Yeah, I ve been trough all both the animu and LN threads, including spoilers (and really having fun while doing it, specially here)... But somehow, even in the flat-front perspective of that LN cover illustration, from the "shine part" in chest section I can tell there s something under that jacket

Well it seems she recieve a lot of exposition here in episode 02, including some touching momments, and by touching Im not referring to Tooris endeavors this time

Just eager to go through all the fsbs versions again...
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 07:20   Link #639
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Seriously, what the hell is with the half-assed censorship- they white cloud the breast groping scene up close, but leave it completely uncensored from another perspective ?!

I could watch this entire series if only to see what Toori does next- needless to say from that priceless classroom scene, this fellow gives as good as he gets

...I'm going watch this episode again.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 10:11   Link #640
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

ok~ watch ep 2 and.... I'm confuseeeeeddd!!!!!
don't understand japanese.

as usual time to wait~~ and hope I can understand later.

btw, after this episode I finally understand stuopidget and Allen's comment about my old ttgl sign..

and... found these pics... somewhere...
http://i.imgur.com/i8odM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jTqaf.jpg

Last edited by Aoi Toori; 2011-10-09 at 10:22.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise