Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-08, 03:46   Link #261
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The sad thing is, the climax action in The Avengers is not as engaging as the action in Bayformers 1 & 3 even though I hate the 3rd movie. I’m not saying that the lack of “more explosions” is due to the military/pentagon pulled out from the Avengers. It’s just that the destruction shown by the movie is a lot less than what I hoped from the so called “invincible space army” although you can argue that the Avengers managed to stop most of them before they can even do anything. It’s just a little sad that we can’t see a lot more destruction because of that.

Also, I really really hope I can say that the aliens here is more impressive than the robots in Bayformers, but I really can’t. They still clearly look fake during the city battles. I hate to admit that Bayformers movies wins in the visual FX department in spades.
Well, I like to think the aliens weren't taking Earth seriously. They thought of us as lowtech Barbarians, easy to conquer over a lunchbreak. One thing is for sure, they didn't send their best soldiers to take on Earth. They will be back... as the teaser showed.
Old 2012-05-08, 03:59   Link #262
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Unlike the action from the transformers movie, i could follow the big destruction scene very well. The action in all 3 transformers movies were far more chaotic. Most likely because the autobots and decepticons looked similar to each other (with lot's of CG), while you can easily distinguish the avengers and the alien invasion troops in this movie.
I can still follow the action in Bayformers 1 when Bay was still exploring what he could do, while in Bayformers 3, Bay realised the mistake he made in Bayformers 2 (namely: impossible-to-follow shots) and slowed down a bit for a more glorious 3D shots. I’m not saying that The Avengers’ action is boring, it’s just that Bayformers 1 & 3 has a lot more interesting and more engaging shots while Bayformers 2 is simply a disaster.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s no doubt that the aliens is easily distinguishable from the Avengers unlike Bayformers where “who’s who” question pops out in every battle. I was talking about the seamless-ness between the aliens and the real-life background. In that department, I think Bayformers wins. Although I’m saying this, I’m not a fan of Bayformers’ sequels.
I agree with most of what you’re saying, hyl. It’s just, I was pointing different matters.
Old 2012-05-08, 04:36   Link #263
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, I like to think the aliens weren't taking Earth seriously. They thought of us as lowtech Barbarians, easy to conquer over a lunchbreak. One thing is for sure, they didn't send their best soldiers to take on Earth. They will be back... as the teaser showed.
Well, if the big man decides to come himself, he doesn't need an army.
The Avengers are gonna need crapton more heroes and a thick plotshield to win THAT battle.
Old 2012-05-08, 04:52   Link #264
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The Avengers are gonna need crapton more heroes and a thick plotshield to win THAT battle.
Not really. He's in the same vien as Loki. Full of himself and armed with an omnipotent toy.

Outwit him and take away said toy and it's pretty much over.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 05:02   Link #265
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, if the big man decides to come himself, he doesn't need an army.
Unless Odin comes down to earth to battle Thanos as a deus ex machina, none of the avengers stand a chance against him.
I can recall that Thanos could survive falling in a black hole in a comic, so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Not really. He's in the same vien as Loki. Full of himself and armed with an omnipotent toy.

Outwit him and take away said toy and it's pretty much over.
Thanos has beaten Galactus in a few occasions with some preparation. He is far more powerfull than Loki and he doesn't needs his toy to win. Also outwitting one of the smartests character in the Marvel universe is not very likely going to happen.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 05:20   Link #266
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Thanos has beaten Galactus in a few occasions with some preparation. He is far more powerfull than Loki and he doesn't needs his toy to win. Also outwitting one of the smartests character in the Marvel universe is not very likely going to happen.
Really, the only reason Thanos isn't a greater threat is because he doesn't actually have much of an incentive to be evil. There is someone he is in love with, and he would do anything to court her, but otherwise Thanos is so powerful, that he actually have very little reason to harm tiny insignificant Earth.

I mean, Galactus at least have the excuse that he eats planets. Thanos really wouldn't waste time dealing with Earthlings.
Old 2012-05-08, 05:28   Link #267
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And he doesn't even want to kill everyone. (If only because then, he won't have anyone left to kill.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 05:40   Link #268
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Unless Odin comes down to earth to battle Thanos as a deus ex machina, none of the avengers stand a chance against him.
I can recall that Thanos could survive falling in a black hole in a comic, so....
Odin could stop Thanos only if he hasn't gotten his grubby purple hand on the gauntlet yet.
Since this Tessaract or whatever they called it is basically the Cosmic Cube storyline, most likely the next move he makes will be the Infinity Gauntlet line.

Only thing that would stop him after he gets the IG s a plotshield, just like the original comic book.

....Or the Lady tells him she found another man.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-05-08 at 06:29.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 05:40   Link #269
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Really, the only reason Thanos isn't a greater threat is because he doesn't actually have much of an incentive to be evil. There is someone he is in love with, and he would do anything to court her, but otherwise Thanos is so powerful, that he actually have very little reason to harm tiny insignificant Earth.

I mean, Galactus at least have the excuse that he eats planets. Thanos really wouldn't waste time dealing with Earthlings.
His motivation for him personally to take over the earth was nicely given at the end.
I don't know the exact line but it something like "fighting the humans would be like courting death itself".
Comicbook readers know exactly why Thanos smiled at the end.

Thanos has been a big threat to the universe multiple times (infinite gauntlet, heart of the universe, played a part in Annihilation etc.), but his reason for destroying/taking over the universes/multiverses was just to impress a certain person.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-05-08 at 05:47. Reason: made it slightly less spoilerish
Old 2012-05-08, 07:14   Link #270
GDB

Quote:
Which is evident since the Chitauri are based on the Skrulls, and there was nigh a Super Skrull to be found.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 07:23   Link #271
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Which is evident since the Chitauri are based on the Skrulls, and there was nigh a Super Skrull to be found.
Well the chitauri in the movie do seem far weaker than the comic counterpart.

taken from the marvel wiki:

"Level of Technology:
The Chitauri had access to advanced technology including a bomb powerful enough to destroy Earth's solar system and starships capable of faster-than-light travel"

Also I don't think the chitauri in the comics have something similar to the super skrull when it comes to infantry.
Old 2012-05-08, 07:54   Link #272
GDB

They didn't use to, but they mass produced them for "Secret Invasion" if I recall.
Old 2012-05-08, 09:09   Link #273
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
As far as movie adaptions are concern, Comic Book characters have this tendency to be watered down. And you had said it yourself later on :-

Quote:
Well the chitauri in the movie do seem far weaker than the comic counterpart.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:45   Link #274
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yes, but they're not going to water down a Frieza to a Raditz.
If you really think they'll nerf Thanos to the level of Loki, well, you can keep on thinking that.

But don't expect very many people to agree.
Old 2012-05-08, 10:02   Link #275
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Lets keep in mind that Galactus in the movie universe was a world eating space cloud.

Thanos will be powered down, it's to be expected when comic book logic is full retard while movie logic is not quite full retard, but he's still going to kick some ass before he loses.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:18   Link #276
GDB

Galactus hasn't been shown in the movie universe yet. Because the movie universe is just the Marvel Studio movies, of which Fantastic Four is not a part of. Same for X-Men, Spiderman, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, and Blade.
Old 2012-05-08, 10:20   Link #277
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Regardless of being with a different company, still reinforces the "powered down" versions of these big bosses.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:31   Link #278
GDB

Well, I think the movie Galactus was based on Ultimate Gah-Lak-Tus, which was like a hive swarm of machine/insect things that ate planets. Somewhat similar in approach to a cloud, I guess?
Old 2012-05-08, 10:32   Link #279
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Regardless of being with a different company, still reinforces the "powered down" versions of these big bosses.
Depends on what depiction of Thanos the sequel will be using. Due to some odd writing Thanos has been defeated by characters who were far weaker than him, like squirrel girl or lockjaw.
Also lets not forget that Thanos somehow managed to save Loki at the end of the movie Thor.
Old 2012-05-08, 10:37   Link #280
GDB

Quote:
Depends on what depiction of Thanos the sequel will be using. Due to some odd writing Thanos has been defeated by characters who were far weaker than him, like squirrel girl or lockjaw.
Hey, don't knock Squirrel Girl. She's bested the likes of Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Thanos, and I think Wolverine (in a friendly sparring match, not a real fight unlike the others).