AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 43.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 08:28   Link #421
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
hahaha, I think thats the point, Regius doesn't like anyone in TSAB except for his secretary.
He just doesn't like the Navy Until now, they get all the good women Their men are usually surrounded by them

Quote:
As for Chrono, yea it looks like he hasn't budge from that seat ever since episode 11...hahahah he's cheating behind Amy's back and is being used for different cosplay costumes by Carim
Kinky...

Quote:
so...could that mean the final battle could take place on Earth...again?!
Or I could go through with my Halo theory again... Which, I can't remember what it was that I've said
Old 2007-06-27, 08:29   Link #422
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is the song that good? Cause if it is...
Has none of the sugar content of the series it's in, so its diabetes safe, and quite good as well

Quote:
another note on this episode, the VA (who is also the VA for Yuuno) for Vivio did a wonderful job of crying like a little kid for Vivio in this episode...really made me surprised on how authentic the acting was and how it started to annoy me after a while.

Vivio is really the "moe" element in this show now...she has those chubby cheeks that you just wanna pinch...hahahhahh
Now that you mentioned it, I actually forgot about that fact, since Vivio's cries really hit the mark (after a while, I got annoyed, in a good way ). Combined with Fate and Hayate's faces, that scene was pure gold

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:32   Link #423
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Kinky...
I'm reminded of something from Cat's Eye...

*An image of Chrono holding a mirror for her while Carim poses in various costumes runs through my mind....*

Let me go some air...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:35   Link #424
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Now that you mentioned it, I actually forgot about that fact, since Vivio's cries really hit the mark (after a while, I got annoyed, in a good way ). Combined with Fate and Hayate's faces, that scene was pure gold
yups that scene was good and I can't believe in the first time in all my years of watching anime, a little anime kid's cry really made me annoyed.
Usually, most VA's dont usually hit the mark for a little child's cry, but still do a decent cry...but Vivio really did hit the "annoying factor" of a little kid's cry.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:41   Link #425
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
yups that scene was good and I can't believe in the first time in all my years of watching anime, a little anime kid's cry really made me annoyed.
Usually, most VA's dont usually hit the mark for a little child's cry, but still do a decent cry...but Vivio really did hit the "annoying factor" of a little kid's cry.
THAT'S IT! I'm for the US release of Nanoha to have Dakota Fanning for Vivio's VA. She screams and cries good.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:43   Link #426
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

*An image of Chrono holding a mirror for her while Carim poses in various costumes runs through my mind....*

Let me go some air...
That sounds nice.
Come to think of it, Carym looks like she would do well in cosplaying.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-27, 08:47   Link #427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Has none of the sugar content of the series it's in, so its diabetes safe, and quite good as well
*plays song...*

*Two minutes later...*

AAAAAAHHHHHH! The memories! They're coming back to me! AHHHHH!!

*faints*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Let me go some air...
I on the other hand, was reminded of that very weird first episode of NHK...

"N-No! I mustn't... God is watching...! Ahh!"

...Something like that.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:51   Link #428
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*plays song...*

*Two minutes later...*

AAAAAAHHHHHH! The memories! They're coming back to me! AHHHHH!!

*faints*
You could do worse...

Youtubed that transformation to remember what Kha's talking about... At least GaoGaiGar has the entire Love, Courage and Hope in a badass package...

Now I have been tainted...

[darthvader]NOOOOOOOOO!!![/darthvader]

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:54   Link #429
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You could do worse...

Youtubed that transformation to remember what Kha's talking about... At least GaoGaiGar has the entire Love, Courage and Hope in a badass package...
Huh ?What are you talking abo-

*Flashback for 5 seconds*

OH FU-K !!! ARGHHHH! GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!
Old 2007-06-27, 08:56   Link #430
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Huh ?What are you talking abo-

*Flashback for 5 seconds*

OH FU-K !!! ARGHHHH! GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!
*whistles*

At least I remembered it only when I saw it again

*Buries head in sand to lobotomize memories*

Old 2007-06-27, 09:40   Link #431
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Wow look at all the ostriches. I never seen so many when I was in Perth.
Old 2007-06-27, 09:57   Link #432
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Wow look at all the ostriches. I never seen so many when I was in Perth.
Becouse there is none on Perth :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
I had to read it don't I..... It's stuck in my head too.....
Old 2007-06-27, 09:58   Link #433
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Pretty sure it was somewhere in the novel long ago, estavali also mentioned in earlier page.
Fate is a failed product, she was originally created as a body implanted with alicia's memory.So she was not purposely created to have magic potential.

It is not explained how Fate obtained something Alicia lacked(fate created using alicia's genes)Estavali and seiryuu has some good theories from above post.
Actually, Seiryuu's 4th point is very much valid imho. Take away "intentional alterations from Precia" and you'll have me nodding in approval.

A problem that comes with the idea of the Doktor re-creating Alicia as an Boss Monster is of course the question "Whatever for?".

The Aces are far more than just excellent samples and I dare say the TSAB medical labs have more than enough data on Nanoha (due to her "accident") to satiate the Good Doktor.

Even if he likes blond lolis, there's already one running around, and a potential VERY powerful one at that. Why go through all the trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Precia also got a huge payoff form the people responsible for the accident that kill Alicia. And She was pretty wealthy before hand as well, and Mr. Precia's life insurance came in pretty handy after his mysterious disapperance.
Not to mention that she also went into a phase of frenzy research before disappearing. This was to help her accumulate the necessary knowledge needed for her Project, and the royalties that came with her accomplishments during this period swiftly made her from a fairly-well-to-do lady to a insanely wealthy one.

Btw, just in case this hasn't been mentioned before, the experiment that killed Alicia was a industrial project by Precia was working on for her company. Prior to that, to cut a long story short, there was a lot of bureaucratic troubles and the project which was supposed to run without much problems, was sabotaged because at the very last minute, the higher-ups did not follow through the safety procedures that Precia set down, in order to impress their customers.

As a result, as I like to say, all hell broke loose. The experiment reacted with the atmosphere and produced a dangerous airborne substance that consumed all the oxygen in the unprotected areas.

Unfortunately, one of these areas is Alicia's room.

Precia was made the scrap-goat for the project's failure. Though she was partly at fault for not re-ensuring that the safety procedures were followed to the letter, imho putting the blame on her is unspeakably unjust, heartless and cowardly to the extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Yep, it's "Ka no Tsubasa". Sorry Estavali but I'm not agreeing with you this time
Although whoever person that put up the transcript chose to use "彼の", or using 旧い instead of 古い for better looking, it was rather confusing I must say.

"Ka no (something)" in question, imho, is best translated to be "The (Whatever)", or something similer, for it's often prefixed for something that is known by everyone or close to.
One example is that "You Know Who" of Harry Potter is translated to "Ka no hito" in Japanese version of movie, if that can be an example.

So it's not necessarily His wing, it's not limiting gender at all.
The dangers of relying on dubious, unofficial scripts . Thanks, gentlemen, I stand corrected.

*Looks back at the previous few posts*

It appears that not too few of us here has suffered tremendous trauma and sugar attacks from mahou shoujo, before Rayearth, CCS and Nanoha came to the rescue .

Signature by liro
Old 2007-06-27, 10:00   Link #434
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

The prophecy is starting to give me a headache...
Vivio is so cute but the crying section made me cringe. It sounds so real.

The only mahou shoujo series that really made me shudder is Mahou Shoujo Pretty Sasami. I mean look at her attacks... Its an attack that launches a heart into the sky, then gathers hearts from all over the earth, meet at a certain point and shoots down like a heart shape satellite beam with fireworks included, to form a heart shape barrier, which then she gathers even more hearts to blast a heart attack at the monster, ending with the monster blasted to the moon in a heart shaped crater?! That attack should be labeled cruel and unusual and out lawed!! Its evil I tell ya!!
Old 2007-06-27, 10:12   Link #435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
*whistles*

At least I remembered it only when I saw it again
I've shriveled up like a prune and had spent the last one hour pulling myself back together ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I had to read it don't I..... It's stuck in my head too.....
Oh well, it's good to have company...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
A problem that comes with the idea of the Doktor re-creating Alicia as an Boss Monster is of course the question "Whatever for?".

The Aces are far more than just excellent samples and I dare say the TSAB medical labs have more than enough data on Nanoha (due to her "accident") to satiate the Good Doktor.

Even if he likes blond lolis, there's already one running around, and a potential VERY powerful one at that. Why go through all the trouble?
EXACTLY what I've been trying to get through to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
*Looks back at the previous few posts*

It appears that not too few of us here has suffered tremendous trauma and sugar attacks from mahou shoujo, before Rayearth, CCS and Nanoha came to the rescue .
I was young! I was foolish!
Old 2007-06-27, 10:19   Link #436
Erio
Hiromi

I have not the courage nor Wesson's Balls of Steel to go through all the posts from the past 5 episodes... so I wont comment on anything right now.

What I have is a question.

I keep reading that lots of people find Vivio extremely MOEEEE cute... seriously, why? All the awesome stuff was about to break loose and suddenly we have a set of episodes focused on this little girl. And next episode will probably be the same... noooo!!

Caro is way cuter.

No-no! Its not because of my name! ... Really!
Old 2007-06-27, 10:28   Link #437
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
I have not the courage nor Wesson's Balls of Steel to go through all the posts from the past 5 episodes... so I wont comment on anything right now.

I keep reading that lots of people find Vivio extremely MOEEEE cute... seriously, why? All the awesome stuff was about to break loose and suddenly we have a set of episodes focused on this little girl. And next episode will probably be the same... noooo!!

Caro is way cuter.

I admire you for your fidelity Lightning 3, but face it Vivio the Would-Be-Empress of Moe is here to stay

And asking why Vivio is Moe is like asking why Space is black, or why Water is wet

Old 2007-06-27, 10:29   Link #438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Apparently, she's a little girl that could destroy type-1 drones on a whim, withstand an S ranked attack, and defeat the Ace of Aces herself.

And her screams have brought back bad memories for many of the people here who had taken care of children before.

Including yours truely.

Quote:
Caro is way cuter.

The stench of vinegar fills my nose...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S - Lutecia's just a... erm, arm's reach away

P.P.S - Brb in 5-6 hours or so...
Old 2007-06-27, 10:55   Link #439
Erio
Hiromi

@LoweGear & Chaos Hahah. Dont take that too seriously, it was partially a joke.

What I admit, though, is that I did like some of her interactions with Nanoha. However, what I liked was Nanoha's part, specially when she didnt know what to do to stop the girl from crying... That was so cute! (I mean Nanoha. +100000 moe points for her!)

Anyway, I'll refrain my comments about Vivio for now, as I dont want to get jumped at by some people here. I hope we see her kick some ass soon, though.
Old 2007-06-27, 11:35   Link #440
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to wonder if we'll see Chrono hanging out anywhere but Carim's place? Though that will open up a lot of discussions on how he never seems to leave. Hope that information doesn't get out..

Well just hoping we'll get more out of vivio in the near future other than crying. Not often one has to either cringe at the screen or put up the mute button for saftey purposes