AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-19, 02:28   Link #121
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It was taken down because it isn't a legitimate translation. It is a parody.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-19, 08:54   Link #122
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuki
I see what you mean now,didn't notice it.

I've never heard about a GTS convertable released commercially,but in the Inane manga it said it was a GTS convertable as seen here.

Spoiler:

Ah, so it's not a convertable, but a GTS that was modified to look like a GTR. I can't speak japanese so I only picked up of MAYBE 25% of what they were saying, I heard GTR and was like..."hmmmmmm.......because of how they'd be going on already, these guys underestimate Project D. But driving a GTR down a road like that is stupid, it's a fucking heavy tank (IMO) and having AWD isn't the best thing to have (although some people say it is)" Then when you told me it was a GTS, it made ALOT more sence to me, the GTS weighs like 400 lbs less than the GTR, is a FR, and has better weight balance.
Old 2004-04-19, 13:14   Link #123
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrackus
LoL i'm prolly the only person on this board who has never watched Naruto. I read like one comic strip in shonen at the hospital though....
err... ... ... some person here didnt know naruto?? *shock*
Quote:
It was taken down because it isn't a legitimate translation. It is a parody.
dammit!

ugh. more waiting. i am suprised someone hasnt jumped on this yet.
Old 2004-04-19, 13:39   Link #124
Shift_

There's alot of unique termonolgy in Initial D espically with car parts and so forth. Many people who don't know anything about cars might not beable to translate properly even if Japanese is their primary language...

But I agree I'm confused why no one else has subbed this ep.
Old 2004-04-19, 13:47   Link #125
Yoshi31
Resident Dinosaur

Send a message via AIM to Yoshi31 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshi31
man those subs sucked! made me get pissed i had to put a paper and cover them and watch it raw cuz it was like "its like a hoe to cry isnt it" and everyone was a "ricer" and "stickers to add 10hp" thats all bs to me so yeah i hope a group does a good translation. i can wait till then.
Old 2004-04-19, 14:22   Link #126
theheckwithyou

Quote:
Take a screencap,I don't know what your talking about,it looks fine to me.I think your just confusing the lighting.

That Skyline isn't a GTR,it's a GTS convertable made to look like a GTR.

It doesn't have the 3 round lights because it's a 93 FD

The windshield should have cracked.

Takumi's gauge has green numbers with a red needle,this is because he does have a different gauge.
that skyline my friends is a ER34, i'm not 100% but i think the badging is a 25gt-t

the Skyline GT-R is a BNR34

the difference is that the ER34 is an FR while the BNR34 is a 4WD
Old 2004-04-19, 14:58   Link #127
Excel 2004
Please Fix My Avatar

Send a message via AIM to Excel 2004
I deleted that thing 5 minutes into it. I don't believe anyone can do that to such a great series. It should become fansub law that the filenames of parody subs should be tagged as such. I had disgusting feelings last night. But enough about my feelings. I plan to fansub it accurately.
Old 2004-04-19, 15:14   Link #128
Xard

I made an account just to post on this one thread :D

Those fansubs were completely funny. Were they a joke? Obviously. Were they a "horrible" translation? No, because they still translated what was going on, they just added their own flair to it, and I think it worked pretty well. Obviously, if you're going to die if you don't have exact japanese to english changes, then they aren't for you, but as something fun to watch that still conveys the story, they get full points in my book.

I suppose I'm in the minority though.
Old 2004-04-19, 15:16   Link #129
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheckwithyou
that skyline my friends is a ER34, i'm not 100% but i think the badging is a 25gt-t

the Skyline GT-R is a BNR34

the difference is that the ER34 is an FR while the BNR34 is a 4WD
That's not the only diffrence, there's a HUGE diffrence. And it would be GTS-T not a 25GT-t

B <---2600cc (Ie RB26DETT) N<----ATTESSA-ETS R34 <---model code
E <---2500cc (ie RB25DET or RB25DE) C <---- HICAS equipped and R34 <-- model code

Now I can't understand japanese, so I can't say which skyline
it is, cept for the fact it's a R34.

But there were tons of other diffrences between the GTR and other various models.
Old 2004-04-19, 19:10   Link #130
CPOK
Gun Bunny

Anyone heard of anyone else subbing it yet?
Old 2004-04-19, 21:29   Link #131
Yoshi31
Resident Dinosaur

Send a message via AIM to Yoshi31 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshi31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xard
I made an account just to post on this one thread

Those fansubs were completely funny. Were they a joke? Obviously. Were they a "horrible" translation? No, because they still translated what was going on, they just added their own flair to it, and I think it worked pretty well. Obviously, if you're going to die if you don't have exact japanese to english changes, then they aren't for you, but as something fun to watch that still conveys the story, they get full points in my book.

I suppose I'm in the minority though.
no its cool to fan sub it like that dont get me wrong just not telling us before hand was wrong.
Old 2004-04-19, 23:25   Link #132
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
2 months for new episodes is crazy, it better be worth it.... anyways dl the raw!!
Old 2004-04-20, 13:30   Link #133
mashimaro_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi31
no its cool to fan sub it like that dont get me wrong just not telling us before hand was wrong.
you could tell by their group name.... fob
Quote:
FOB - is a degrading term for people not up to date on the culture which is an abbreviation for (Fresh Of the Boat.)
meaning you still carry your sense of fashion from your country which clashes with the current countries cultures.

Origin: Hawaii 60's

Local Hawaiians used it to refer to white people who came from mainland US to Hawaii. Its was used a lot by locals and surfers. it was to refer to white people who wasn't up to date on the culture.

It is now used a lot by Asians to refer to immigrant Asians of the same sense.

"Man! whats up with your shoes? thats fob!"

"Dood! check out the howlie with the yellow hat. what a fob."
Old 2004-04-20, 17:32   Link #134
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi31
man those subs sucked! made me get pissed i had to put a paper and cover them and watch it raw cuz it was like "its like a hoe to cry isnt it" and everyone was a "ricer" and "stickers to add 10hp" thats all bs to me so yeah i hope a group does a good translation. i can wait till then.
Well they do have a point about some of the characters... moding a skyline gts to look like a gt-r would be a good example of rice. But stickers adding 10hp?!! Everyone knows they only add 5
Old 2004-04-20, 17:35   Link #135
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Well they do have a point about some of the characters... moding a skyline gts to look like a gt-r would be a good example of rice. But stickers adding 10hp?!! Everyone knows they only add 5
No no if u get the imported from japan its 10
Old 2004-04-21, 03:23   Link #136
Remus Lupin

Send a message via AIM to Remus Lupin
Quote:

The windshield should have cracked.
Not Nesicaraly. My friends Mazda 626 was broadsided by an integra and the windows on the impact side survived.
Old 2004-04-21, 12:45   Link #137
Nyght

Initial D Fourth Stage???

is anyone going to sub this i just dled the first ep and it rocked if no one knew i guess now you know there is another stage to this awesome anime!!!!!!
Old 2004-04-21, 13:09   Link #138
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Welcome to the forum Nyght but unfortunately for you the first post you've made hits a rather sore spot.

Recently we've seen a number of new members join and (it appears) they don't bother to check to see if a similar thread already exists.

The question you have asked has been asked countless times (OK, so "countless" is an exaggeration but it's been asked a number of times now). All you need do is search for "Initial" and you will find threads in existence which asks the same question "Is anyone going to fansub Initial D" (just make sure that when you search use the "Search Titles Only" option). And the only reason why there are 'only' 14 threads currently with "Initial" in the title is because I'm constantly merging the things together!!!

So I'm yet again closing a thread. I'll more than likely merge this one with one of the others sooner or later.

And one other thing, the Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs, not for asking when or if it will be fansubbed or not!
Old 2004-04-22, 00:53   Link #139
CPOK
Gun Bunny

I believe the first ep for the 4th stage has just been released by LE & IDE
Old 2004-04-22, 14:19   Link #140
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Has anybody seen this translation yet? How is it?

DLing it right now
Closed Thread