AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-09-24, 07:38   Link #101
Prestige

Spoilers of next chapter are here, for those who lack patience we could have chapter/spoiler discussions.

Thanks
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:17   Link #102
Rainbowman

I would like to make a thread that discusses about the allies of the Strawhat crew. Namely who would have been a proper choice to become a member despite being honoraries and why. My choices for example:

Coby- Has been with Luffy since being free from Alvida
Nojiko- Despite being different blood from Nami, she's rather close to her
Nefertari Vivi and Carue- Quite obvious
Portgaz D. Ace (despite him being a member of the Whitebeard pirates)- Having a brother relation with Luffy
Conis- Has been helpful like Vivi
Wiper- A great warrior with a bazooka; that and he can fly
Paulie- Has great rope techniques and would be an aid for Franky in fighting
Camie- Despite being captured all the time, she's a great swimmer

Let me know what you guys think about it.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 22:28   Link #103
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

how about a "Boa vs. Monkey d. Luffy" thread? we could discuss what we think Boa's powers will be, how they will affect her fighting style, and how luffy will cope/overcome these powers.
Old 2008-10-15, 10:41   Link #104
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I checked and found that there are no character discussion threads for any of the Strawhats. Should there be threads for each of them or will a general character discussion thread suffice?
One of the strengths of One Piece is that it has so many interesting characters, many of whom are worthy of discussion. The trouble is that there are just so many interesting characters that I don't think it is practical to have a discussion thread for each and every one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I would like to make a thread that discusses about the allies of the Strawhat crew. Namely who would have been a proper choice to become a member despite being honoraries and why. My choices for example:

Coby- Has been with Luffy since being free from Alvida
Nojiko- Despite being different blood from Nami, she's rather close to her
Nefertari Vivi and Carue- Quite obvious
Portgaz D. Ace (despite him being a member of the Whitebeard pirates)- Having a brother relation with Luffy
Conis- Has been helpful like Vivi
Wiper- A great warrior with a bazooka; that and he can fly
Paulie- Has great rope techniques and would be an aid for Franky in fighting
Camie- Despite being captured all the time, she's a great swimmer

Let me know what you guys think about it.
I would say this almost a good idea but it seems to just be inviting lists to be made. If you want a thread on who should be a crewmember then we do have the Who will be the next crewmember of the Strawhats, the Rounding off the Luffy Crew thread and the Theories & future Speculation thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
how about a "Boa vs. Monkey d. Luffy" thread? we could discuss what we think Boa's powers will be, how they will affect her fighting style, and how luffy will cope/overcome these powers.
This sounds like one for the Theories & future Speculation thread as well.

But it would be nice to have some character discussion threads so I ask you the posters, how should we do it?

Do we want a thread for the Strawhats for example, or would it be preferable to have a thread for each member?

How do we deal with all the other possible characters? We have some threads that discuss other pirate crews, Gol D Roger discussion thread, Shanks / Red Haired Pirates Discussion, Blackbeard discussion thread, strongest of whitebeard's crew? (I think this should be renamed and become the Whitebeard discussion thread so it can cover more than just the strongest). We have other character based threads such as General Discussion on the Shichibukai, Villain Speculation, General Discussion on the Marines / Navy.

I would suggest we create some new Character discussion threads but based on groups, so perhaps what we need now is the Amazon discussion thread. I guess we should start with a Strawhats discussion thread

So please make suggestions as to what characters or groups would be worthy of discussion.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 11:14   Link #105
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I would suggest we create some new Character discussion threads but based on groups, so perhaps what we need now is the Amazon discussion thread. I guess we should start with a Strawhats discussion thread So please make suggestions as to what characters or groups would be worthy of discussion.

Well, is it possible to combine your two ideas? It would mostly be a strawhats disscussion thread but withing the thread we could discuss strawhats vs. other people. so i guess a "Strawhats vs." thread. This would provide discussion for right now ((as luffy is a part of the strawhats),(luffy vs. boa and her sisters)), and it would also provide discussion for future battles as well.

being a strawhat thread we would also talk about matchups for each individual characters- who will fight who, how they will do against their respective opponents.

i think this could work.
Old 2008-10-15, 19:31   Link #106
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
What are the "physics" or "logic" behind Luffy's Gears?

I once read a theory about this, about how Luffy pumps air into his body by using his legs, therefore creating some sort of acceleration in his blood, coloring his body and speeding his movements. However, I really don't know the full theory so I would to see it in a very detailed manner.

Same with Gear 3rd, I had read that he blows air into his body through his thumbs , inflating his robber body and mpvong his bones from place to place to make his punches and kicks very powerful.
Old 2008-10-15, 21:31   Link #107
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
I once read a theory about this, about how Luffy pumps air into his body by using his legs, therefore creating some sort of acceleration in his blood, coloring his body and speeding his movements. However, I really don't know the full theory so I would to see it in a very detailed manner.

Same with Gear 3rd, I had read that he blows air into his body through his thumbs , inflating his robber body and mpvong his bones from place to place to make his punches and kicks very powerful.
try The One Piece Questions and Answers, post here! for your answers.

I don't think it deserves a whole thread; it seems like a topic that wouldn't last very long since most people already know about it.
Old 2008-10-22, 16:44   Link #108
Rainbowman

I see someone had made a thread called "Zoro Discussion [manga + spoilers]" by cheese4u. Is it possible for anyone (namely me) to have such a requested thread made? i.e.: "Luffy Discussion [manga + spoilers]" and/or "Nami Discussion [manga + spoilers]"
Old 2008-10-22, 16:57   Link #109
james0246

Quote:
I see someone had made a thread called "Zoro Discussion [manga + spoilers]" by cheese4u. Is it possible for anyone (namely me) to have such a requested thread made? i.e.: "Luffy Discussion [manga + spoilers]" and/or "Nami Discussion [manga + spoilers]"
Well, cheese4u's OP deals with the possibility of Zoro gaining a "special" sword, rather than a simple thread dealing with an over-arching character discussion concerning Zoro. So, if you want a new Luffy or Nami thread, you will probably have to come up with a specific theory or idea you wish to discuss (ex: Nami comes from Robin's destroyed island home, etc), rather than simply seeking a character discussion thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 03:40   Link #110
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
I have no objection if we created new character discussion threads for the main characters (i.e. the members of the Straw-hat crew) but as I mentioned in my post above, what would posters here prefer? Should we have separate character discussion threads (for Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky and Brook, that's nine threads already!) or should we just have a Straw-hats Discussion thread.

I have no objections if we create other discussion threads for other characters as well but I would seriously suggest we collect them into groups or "crew" discussion threads (which could include groups such as the Amazons).
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, cheese4u's OP deals with the possibility of Zoro gaining a "special" sword, rather than a simple thread dealing with an over-arching character discussion concerning Zoro. So, if you want a new Luffy or Nami thread, you will probably have to come up with a specific theory or idea you wish to discuss (ex: Nami comes from Robin's destroyed island home, etc), rather than simply seeking a character discussion thread.
Note that the thread was created before the One Piece forum became "limited" so it was more created just to duscuss the swords. No reason why it can't be used as a more general purpose Zoro Discussion thread (the opening post can be edited to reflect this).

I'm still waitng for some feedback from the regular posters
Old 2008-10-23, 18:41   Link #111
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

- 'crew' thread. It would be much easier to manage and there would be a lot of space saved. And it would be an AWSOME thread.

so i'm going to cast my vote towards the crew thread as a whole.
Old 2008-10-26, 15:29   Link #113
Rainbowman

They look real good. (<Hey! Cool!) Maybe someday we'll add a discussion thread for Franky and Brook. And whatever character has joined the Strawhat crew will have a discussion thread too.
Old 2008-10-26, 18:03   Link #114
ellifeedn
Thinker

Impressive! You must have spent some time working on these. Are they manga spoiler threads?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 04:13   Link #115
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Impressive! You must have spent some time working on these. Are they manga spoiler threads?
Since the threads are "all things Luffy <or whoever> related" I would take that to mean they are manga based threads Maybe I need to make this clear in the opening post as well.
Old 2008-10-27, 09:40   Link #116
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Now we just need a Franky and a Brooke thread, especially the latter.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:12   Link #117
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Could we have a thread about the "king's disposition"? (I forgot the japanese phrase for it...)
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 18:02   Link #118
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Could we have a thread about the "king's disposition"? (I forgot the japanese phrase for it...)
Dude, go over to the "Haki" thread, people will talk over there...

If not, you could always go to the "Luffy Discussion" thread as this topic does concern Luffy to a great extent.
Old 2008-11-05, 09:32   Link #119
Paraden1989

there should be a discussion, about different kind of Mermen we'd like to see on Merman Island! much like the Devil Fruit Discussion, we could suggest or comment on what kind of Mermen we hope to see in the upcoming arc!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 10:38   Link #120
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
there should be a discussion, about different kind of Mermen we'd like to see on Merman Island! much like the Devil Fruit Discussion, we could suggest or comment on what kind of Mermen we hope to see in the upcoming arc!
Hell, with how long Oda's been holding out on us, we should just have a single discussion thread for the "Merman Island Arc" in general; it'd end up just as popular as the "Haki" thread with all the disgruntled fans.