Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-15, 08:28   Link #1061
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
A preview for episode 15 is up at the main site...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Spoiler:
I say it goes both way's now. He can be dead or alive at this point, and they could bring him back if they wanted to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Huh. Never thought Furuichi becomes TETSUOOOOO all of a sudden. KANEDAAA/AKIYUKIIII
Furuichi? As an omnipresent being?
Old 2008-11-15, 13:44   Link #1062
Key Board
Carbon

I need to see a crystallized corpse before I can say a Xam'd is dead or not
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 09:24   Link #1063
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Furuichi? As an omnipresent being?
No, more like someone who goes under grotesque transformations to fight and have an EPIC brother/inferiority complex.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 14:54   Link #1064
zalem

Finally caught ep. 14. Great, great episode. I love this series so much. Glad it's back.

Spoiler for ep 14:
Old 2008-11-16, 22:23   Link #1065
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Sigh... Just watched 14.

Xamdou is simply amazing. Amazing. But honestly, because of the extensive plot and the detailed "between the lines" speculations that must be made, it's hard enough to keep up with full knowledge.

Not only did I feel missing out on certain important informations due to inability to remember every plot-determining line in the episodes, but the MONTH DELAY didn't really help much either - After watching Ep 13 and 14, I kind of feel lost - the jump of scenes between Zanbani and the pair of Akiyuki / Nakiami is confusing enough, due to the fact that they only show scenes that are needed - in other words, minimalist. Once again, the delay didn't help me fill in the gaps between these minimalist scenes either. It's the one thing that I love about Xamdou, not always having to explain things straight to the point, but requiring some in-depth thinking and insight into details, but it's also the one thing that's killing me now.

I need to rewatch the first half soon.. Otherwise I might keep going and not be able to fully grasp what the plot's trying to convey towards the end.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 01:09   Link #1066
iceyfw

is there any hint of romance in this? first episode got me hooked pretty much and i just wanted to know beforehand.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 01:25   Link #1067
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
is there any hint of romance in this? first episode got me hooked pretty much and i just wanted to know beforehand.
Any sort of romance in this series is very, very subtle and played down. I suppose you could say there really isn't romance at the moment, but there is a possibility for some?
Spoiler for romance:
Old 2008-11-19, 19:39   Link #1068
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Cerulean Skies

Episode 14 presented a new twist at the end at starting the halfway run for this series.

Spoiler for Furuichi:

Spoiler for Kakisu:

Spoiler for Akiyuki:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 21:19   Link #1069
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler for Akiyuki:
It's certainly ironic that he has now truly become "Xam'd of the Lost Memory" indeed...

Anyway, just saw episode 15. A mostly Nakiami-centric episode, but with some shots of Akiyuki (of course), some Haru, Kakisu & Prois action as well. Also a bit on Akiyuki's father and his military friend (seems like his plan is finailly making some progress) - and Nazuna as well. And of course, as shown in the preview last week, a bit of Sannova. The end of this episode as wella s the preview somehow gives me the impressiont hat the shit is about to hit the fan, so to speak..
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 23:04   Link #1070
ThoHell

I want to like Haru, I really really want to like her, but watching her and her actions, especially in 14 while all the troops surrounded Akiyuki's body, makes me dislike her more and more. She's like the type of person who can spout a lot of caring lines but in the end can watch someone torment and not do anything about it. I mean there wasn't much that she could do during that scene, but it's just her display of emotions or something, I dunno.

Akiyuki has finally lost himself, this should be interesting.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-11-20 at 02:04.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 23:06   Link #1071
ThoHell

Oops somehow double posted......

Anyways....Can't wait for ep 15, wait it's out!

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-11-20 at 02:02.
Old 2008-11-20, 00:03   Link #1072
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I want to like Haru, I really really want to like her, but watching her and her actions, especially in 14 while all the troops surrounded Akiyuki's body, makes me dislike her more and more. She's like the type of person who can spout a lot of caring lines but in the end can watch someone torment and not do anything about it.
Haru's certainly becoming another kind of character than one expected her to be. She seemed like she could really become one kickass character at the start, but she really seems to didsappoint peoples exceptations on that part. She goes from being a rather strong-minded, decisive girl to a more weak-minded, indecivie girl who can apaprently only think about Akiyuki - even going as far as to claim that she loves him and yet seemingly refuses to really speak up for him, defend him or, such as it is, even risk her life for him when it comes down to it. As things are she certainly seems set on the path of becoming a tragic character, so to speak...
Old 2008-11-20, 01:29   Link #1073
iceyfw

Quote:
As things are she certainly seems set on the path of becoming a tragic character, so to speak...
another shirley from code geass who meets the same end?!

but alas it is too early so hopefully some event happens to make her change.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 01:43   Link #1074
Sci-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I want to like Haru, I really really want to like her, but watching her and her actions, especially in 14 while all the troops surrounded Akiyuki's body, makes me dislike her more and more. She's like the type of person who can spout a lot of caring lines but in the end can watch someone torment and not do anything about it.

Akiyuki has finally lost himself, this should be interesting.
What could she do? She was ordered to leave and in that society, duty comes first. The commander said he wouldn't harm either of them and there was no chance of escaping. Best bet was to try to free them later.
Spoiler:
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 02:06   Link #1075
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi View Post
What could she do? She was ordered to leave and in that society, duty comes first. The commander said he wouldn't harm either of them and there was no chance of escaping. Best bet was to try to free them later.
Spoiler:
Yeah that's what I was saying in my post when i said "I mean there wasn't much that she could do during that scene, but it's just her display of emotions or something, I dunno."

But still she put herself in the situation to be commanded. And is still really doing ANYTHING i the army? It's more like she's just there to torment herself, like purposefully. There are many other ways to take care of her sister.
Old 2008-11-20, 02:09   Link #1076
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
another shirley from code geass who meets the same end?!

but alas it is too early so hopefully some event happens to make her change.
Not necressarilly like Shirely, no, but, well... all of her actions so far seems to be turning out to be big mistakes either way. It's just one thing after the other for her.Even if thigns may not turn out as badly for her as poor Shirley... They might not go so well for her either. But we'll see.
Old 2008-11-20, 07:45   Link #1077
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 15:

Anyone checked out the official site lately? The character page has been completely done up, though with three slots remaining for characters to appear, and one of those slots is a huge one meaning a main character like Akiyuki/Nakiami to show up.

Here's the image.

Old 2008-11-20, 07:52   Link #1078
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Anyone checked out the official site lately? The character page has been completely done up, though with three slots remaining for characters to appear, and one of those slots is a huge one meaning a main character like Akiyuki/Nakiami to show up.

Here's the image.

Stealing my screenshot now?

Anyway, yes, I certainly noticed it earlier today, hence my post on Narutofan. The three empty slots.. one is bound to be Kujireika/Sun-maned. The other two... Well, I'm wondering if the Bearded Guy might not be one of'em - there did seem to be somethine about him... Another possiblity is the hiruken emperor as well.
Old 2008-11-20, 07:58   Link #1079
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Stealing my screenshot now?
Well i didn't see any point in taking a screenshot.

I should have just linked to the site then.
Old 2008-11-20, 08:01   Link #1080
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well i didn't see any point in taking a screenshot.

I should have just linked to the site then.
Best so, eprhaps

Anyway, I'm certainly curious about what kind of main character they might bring into the series this late, as it is...

Tags
bones